Your experience with plague marines

angrom

Hi All,

I am planning to build my list around a core or 2 contemptor dred with volkites and a tallyman with the relic.

I am wondering what is everyone experience with many small units of 5 plagues marines?

I found that it can be quite difficult to secure objectives with 5 models when other armies have either super obsec or large hordes.

Would you recommend to add more plague marines alongside the contemptor or 2 deredeo falconite for even more efficient firepower?

I start them on the board because I allways pick spread the sickness as my secondary so i get a 100% 3-6 points on turn 1. My poxwalkers haven't killed a model  in all the games I've played so far but the have taken a beating and scored me at least 9VPs in each game.

Then I start pushing them up the board. I'm trying to build a list with 3x20 and then one squad would be in reserves.

What's funny I've been rolling extremely hot with my poxwalker's FnP and at the same time extremely cold for FnP on my Blightlords.

I start them on the board because I allways pick spread the sickness as my secondary so i get a 100% 3-6 points on turn 1. My poxwalkers haven't killed a model in all the games I've played so far but the have taken a beating and scored me at least 9VPs in each game.

Then I start pushing them up the board. I'm trying to build a list with 3x20 and then one squad would be in reserves.

What's funny I've been rolling extremely hot with my poxwalker's FnP and at the same time extremely cold for FnP on my Blightlords.

An action cannot be performed by multiple units in the same turn.

I love pox walkers. I’ve only played two games. Mine too didn’t kill :cuss. But they tied up multiple units and worked as an amazing screen for my other units.

They got absolutely wrecked by a captain in gravis armor, but he spent the entire game chewing through 20 of them, literally engulfing him and not allowing him to do anything else.

I love pox walkers. I’ve only played two games. Mine too didn’t kill :cuss. But they tied up multiple units and worked as an amazing screen for my other units.

They got absolutely wrecked by a captain in gravis armor, but he spent the entire game chewing through 20 of them, literally engulfing him and not allowing him to do anything else.

It is a misoperation from your opponent, for making a solo character fight a poxwalker unit on himself. If you active Mutant strain, you have some chance to kill it immediately.

Poxwalkers kill stuff with Mutant Strain, it’s definitely worth the CP.

As far as PMs go, I have a squad of 10 in a drill now, when they show up they delete a unit or at least makes them insignificant to the battle. They ride with a Putrifier and a Blightspawn, their damage output plus the drill volkite chargers can put the hurt on stuff. Having lots of fun with them in this setup.

I also have a list with plain 5 man units, I put more important targets on the board and they are usually ignored so they can raise banners or other actions unmolested.

It is a misoperation from your opponent, for making a solo character fight a poxwalker unit on himself. If you active Mutant strain, you have some chance to kill it immediately.

To be fair to my opponent, he’s my 10 year old son, who thought it was way more thematic to have him charge into the frey