Nemesis Lord WL trait and Falchions

Skywrath

Seeing how this is more of a Grey Knight question, I'll pose the question here, rather on the rules forum. Straight to business, according to the wording of the Nemesis Lord WL trait, the wording is this:

"Nemesis Lord: You can add 1 to the Damage characteristic of your Warlord's melee weapon. If you Warlord wields a Relic of Titan that is a melee weapon, chose another Warlord Trait or re-roll this result."

Ok, so directing your attention to the the first part of the sentence (underlined), You can add 1 to the Damage characteristic of your Walord's melee weapon. However, here's the interesting bit - what if he wields two? I.e. a pair of Nemesis Falchions. As he wields two weapons, does that mean the Falchions become D3+2 damage (i,e. 1 falchion would become D3+1, and a pair would become D3 + 2, on the account they are two weapons)? Or would only the one weapon get the +1D? The third possibility is that the falchions do the D3 damage and then you add +2 afterward to the result as both weapons benefit from that trait. This would be incredibly spicy if that combination had a potential of 5 flat damage. 

Thoughts?

I'll be very honest. I don't see your logic here. It says +1 (singular) damage. So, even if you could apply the rule to both swords or just 1, the end result would be exactly the same since there would be the same amount of attacks total.

For instance, 6 attacks using 1 falchion with +1 damage, or 3 attacks with the left falchion and 3 with the right, both with the rule applied, would be the same.

What I was trying to say, that if 1 singular falchion equal to 1 weapon, does having a pair of falchions equal to 2 weapons? Or does the pair equal to the singular weapon? So when you resolve your attacks with say 5 wounds going through, each one of the five instances of them wouldn't be D3+2, they would be D3 + 1 (left falchion) + 1 (right falchion) due to Nemesis Lord or D3 + 1 for the pair?

That's just my interpretation, happy to say it could be wrong, just curious.

Edited by Skywrath

As it says weapon singular I would be lead to believe that it would only apply to 1 falchion. So would just be d3+1. however on double checking the rules I did notice something interesting.

The exact wording for the falchion is "If a model is armed with two Nemesis falchions, each time it fights it can make 1 additional attack with them."

Now the interesting part here is the word them! So could this be 1 attack with each falchion? Thus actually giving you 2 extra attacks. There is no weapon called pair of falchion only a single falchion.

I don't think this is what is intended but it is different to similar things, chainsword, lightning claws, penitent buzzblades, killsaws.

Edited by Gnomeo

"...each time it fights..." simply means when the model uses two Nemesis falchions during the Fight phase (not each attack it makes during the Fight phase).

A model may only make as many attacks during the Fight phase as their Attacks characteristic, regardless of the number of Melee weapons they have. The bonus attack for having two Melee weapons (or a Melee weapon and a Pistol weapon) is not in the current edition. The model may split their attacks between the Melee weapons they have, using the chosen weapon's profile when resolving the attack. A Grand Master has 5 attacks, so he gets to make 5 total attacks during the Fight phase, using one of his Melee weapons for each of those attacks. If the Grand Master is armed with two Nemesis falchions, he may choose which Nemesis falchion he uses for each attack (not that it really matters). The only benefit you derive from having two Nemesis falchions is the ability to make 1 additional attack with them during the Fight phase. This means that a Grand Master armed with two Nemesis falchions gets to make 6 attacks vice the normal 5. The Damage characteristic of the Nemesis falchions remains D3. So if you couple a Grand Master armed with two Nemesis falchions with the Nemesis Lord Warlord Trait, all that happens is that the Damage when using the Nemesis falchions during the Fight phase is adjusted to D3+1.

I 100% agree my point was more regarding that by using the word them there is the potential for ambiguity as opposed to the other examples I provided. Eg if it said "if wielding a sword and stave it can make one extra attack with THEM." It could be interpreted as 1 attack that you have to allocate to one or other.

Or

1 attack for each.

Personally I think it would be the the 1st interaction rather than the latter. As otherwise it would say "make 1 extra attack with EACH of them."

More an interesting point I thought rather than some new mind blowing find.