Hello,

My name is Justin and I am in North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte.

I am new to the hobby, and have been watching YouTube videos pretty much non-stop trying to absorb as much of the lore as possible. I have picked up a copy of the 9th Edition Core Rule Book at my local gaming store and have been reading some of the Black Library books. 

I’ve been going around and around trying to pick out which faction called to me, and I was thinking Sororitas because the inner Catholic in me just thinks the whole thing is so dang cool. I considered Tau for a while. But I have finally fallen pretty hard for the Raven Guard. I think the Tri Fold Path is very interesting and I like the asymmetrical warfare aspect and how it may reflect in gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so after thinking a lot about the different factions/armies... I have heard the call of the God Emperor and just placed an order for paints and my first set of Adepta Sororitas.

I ordered 1 box of the Battle Sisters squad, and bought the paints from the tutorial by Duncan Rhodes for how to paint: Order of Our Martyred Lady https://youtu.be/u_2LG4y7U28

I haven't painted anything before, but I am excited to follow the tutorial and see how it goes.

Welcome to the forums, and I look forward to seeing your models on the table. If you're chanelling your inner Catholic, then drop by the Blood Angels section: We have drinking blood from chalices, angelic self sacrifice, and literal dudes with haloes, wings and swords if you prefer it Old Testament style. 

Welcome to the forums, and I look forward to seeing your models on the table. If you're chanelling your inner Catholic, then drop by the Blood Angels section: We have drinking blood from chalices, angelic self sacrifice, and literal dudes with haloes, wings and swords if you prefer it Old Testament style. 

Oh I might have to look into them as a possible 2nd army. Sounds awesome! :0)