GingerBat paints some stuff

Awesome work so far!  I feel a bit bad that I'd never head of the Silver Guard before though I certainly like their colors.

That said, I'm going to confess that I certainly did like the Blood Angel's yellow tipped chainsword. >.>;  It had a unique kind of feel to it.

That base is pretty sweet!

Thanks! It was an experiment really, it's one of the sculpted bases from the Stormsire's Cursebreakers stuck on top of one of my homemade plinths with greenstuff. Going to be completely honest, I really like how it came out!

Awesome work so far!  I feel a bit bad that I'd never head of the Silver Guard before though I certainly like their colors.

That said, I'm going to confess that I certainly did like the Blood Angel's yellow tipped chainsword. >.>;  It had a unique kind of feel to it.

I hadn't either! I chose them the same way I choose most chapters: I scroll down the Pictorial List of Space Marine Chapters  until I see something I like the look of and then paint it :teehee: Most of the time I try to pick one of the lesser known chapters but that does lead to issues when there's no backstory to lean on!

I liked the yellow tip too! But I am a lot happier with the chevrons now it's all finished up.

Powered on through as is my wont:

5of0jMh.jpg

I quite like the purple, evokes images of royalty and power. Not one you see often either, and the cold metal contrasts it well.

Thanks! The official image looks a lot more red-purple but I wanted to try out this whole warm-shadows/cold-highlights thing. I like it, but it could be neater. Next time!

Took some better pictures, you can see all the angles here if you're so inclined.

gallery_221927_16948_368644.jpg

Also got started on the next model, anyone got ideas on the chapter?

Oo1MUWM.jpg