Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dakka Squadron: Flyboyz Edition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Having recently gotten my PC set up with my long-delayed graphics card I decided to nab a new game on Steam- Dakka Squadron! It's an arcade-style flight shooter with a distinctly Orky flavour to it, and having given it a spin I love it.

The pros:

>Wonderful visuals, really good grasp on the 40K look and the Ork aesthetic.

>Once you get the hang of the controls, zipping about in your jet is really, really fun. Especially when you can effectively handbrake-turn in your jet.

>Excellent voice acting, properly Orky sounding.

>Not only can you paint your jet any number of colours, but the colours have actual Orky in-game effects! Blue makes you luckier (less likely to take damage), red makes you faster, purple makes you harder to hit, etc.

>It is by far and away the Orkiest game on Steam right now, bar none.

>Almost enough Dakka.

The cons:
>Learning to fly the jet is quite tricky, and you'll probably crash a lot at first. Definitely take the time to fiddle with the sensitivity settings.

>The maps are a little bit small, and from what I've seen of the campaign they get repeated a lot.

>Can't skip intro cutscenes, which is annoying if you die and have to restart the level.

>Aiming is about as precise as you would expect from an Ork pilot.

>Not quite enough Dakka.

It's not perfect, but it is a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend it. Certainly I liked it enough to leave this Orky review for it on Steam:

Spoiler

Anyone else playing?

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

I have an Instagram too, if you like that sort of thing!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users