Book of Rust teaser

Trollbeard

Deathshroud are a must have in most of my lists, as I bring lots of characters and their bodyguard rule is very valuable. With five I can spread out and keep most, if not all, in range for the first couple of turns. I try to keep the DS hidden so they can’t be targeted while the characters can be out in the open and also can’t be targeted. Combine that with a wall of Poxwalkers to eat up some smites or what not, you could play CoF on the DS. Yes they lose the bodyguard rule, but if your characters are still within range and not the closest, they still can’t be shot.

I only run five to keep them from being a blast target and can still afford to lose a couple for Look out Sir. In combat they can get the job done, especially if given the Tallyman +1. You can then use Haze on them and cleave for 21 attacks hitting on 2+ (usually with re-roll, wounding on 2+ (with re-roll), -3AP, and 2D. That’s a lot of dead anything. Their scythe profile is just as good vs weaker targets, 42 attacks just now at -1AP and 1D. Fit in a Putrifier with Arch-Contaminator and you are averaging something like 13MWs, in addition to all the other wounds.

In short, I find them good against any target from hordes of ork and necrons to vehicles or monsters like the Dimachaeron.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link! Was a nice read. I liked hooson's list of a bunch of 5 man plague marines with a launcher and flail. I caved and bought the book but haven't read it yet, my only opponent these days is my brother who mains admech so I figured why not. Plus one of his three armies is Grey knights, and now that we lost 5+++ my Daemon engines are scared of smite spams haha. Wouldn't mind trying an infantry heavy list against him without vehicles. Also got plague purge crusade book, after he's done redoing his kitchen and the admech codex comes out, we are going to figure out how to play crusade and start one haha.