Deathwing Assault Strategem Question

shabbadoo

Seeing as none of the Deathwing units in Codex: Dark Angels have the teleport homer rule, I assume this stratagem only works in regard to the initial deployment to the battlefield from Reserves of Deathwing units specifically taken from Codex: Dark Angels.

Also,  I assume that the "teleport homer" rules portion of the stratagem only applies to Terminator units (with the Deathwing keyword; they also can still use the initial deployment option) taken from Codex: Space Marines.

Is everyone else reading/playing it this way?

Last, I really hate how spread out rules are across multiple books (that lack indexes no less!) this edition. Just awful. I am going to ahve to make a cheat sheet, just to have it all in one place to be easily referenced.

Edited by shabbadoo

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator squads (from C:SM) and the Deathwing Terminators (from C:DA) can both use the stratagem Deathwing assault. It’s keyed to the Deathwing Keyword, and the Terminator squad from C:SM gains Deathwing in a Dark Angels army.

The teleport homer only works for terminator squads taken from the C:SM (including assault terminator squads), as the Deathwing terminators in the C:DA book can’t take teleport homers. Instead they can take a watcher as an upgrade.

I've been using this stratagem with a deepstriking squad of relic terminators with combibolters/lightning claws, heavy flamer, and grenade harness. 
Wounding MEQ's on 3's and 2's is effective, and I've even stretched to finish off a vehicles with wounding on 4's or 5's. I often find myself spending the additional 1CP for +1 hit from Fury of the First as well.