Skelatoran dynasty

dice4thedicegod

An idea to use if or when you get a Doomsday Ark: Paint the Ark silver with red highlights, the Doomsday cannon black with purple lighting effects. In short, the Ark is this guy in disguise:

Megatronguido.jpg

He's in alliance with the Skelatoran Dynasty. When he hears of a "Primarch" interfering with his ally's plans, he's compelled to personally intervene, and investigate if this "Primarch" is a Prime.

Aha! Got the evil-lyn model in (probably be a chronomancer).

Also, what I thought might be an alternate Skelator model... but it’s a bit small. Might be useful if I ever want a ‘lord’ Skelator instead of ‘overlord’ Skelator...

1100488_sm-.jpeg

(Just grabbed a non dynasty warrior for scale)

The spear looks broken. If you have a non-Necron model, you can cut it up and then put it on the Void Dragon's base, as a decoration and a warning of what fate awaits all who oppose you (backstory: the broken spear belonged to the fool whose mutilated corpse now adorns the C'tan base). Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

The spear is a couple of haft pieces and a (necron) blade, all connected by lightning ... trying to make it look like a manifestation of c’tan powers rather than a piece of equipment. Not sure that I pulled it off!

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve redone a c’tan! My nightbringer is now on his third weapon build (think I finally like it):

1101438_sm-.jpeg

I think if you show the Void Dragon from another angle it might help us see the spear. Since it's head on I didn't realize that was a blade up top, thought it was two pieces of haft. I really like the model though, and the Nightbringer!

There’s a friendly mini tournament coming up locally. 1000 points. Bring two different lists, from the same codex, play one 3 times, the other twice (decide which each match up after seeing opponent codex, not list).

I don’t know if I can get my necrons ready in time (have to paint 3 skorpekhs and 10 warriors and a few hqs) so unless I get very productive I might end up taking my death guard ... but I was toying with the following lists:

1) the meat and potatoes list (995 points, 3 cp)

Mephrit patrol

- overlord (merciless tyrant), voltaic staff, res orb

Royal warden, conduit of stars

20 warriors (reaper )

Custom patrol (rad wreathed, expansionist)

- skorpekh lord

10 warriors

6 skorpekh destroyers

5 flayed ones

2) the mortal wound gimmick list (1000 points, 6cp)

Mephrit battalion

- royal warden (enduring will, conduit of stars)

Plasmancer

Plasmancer

10 warriors (reaper)

10 warriors (reaper)

10 warriors (reaper)

Transcendent c’tan (cosmic tyrant)

Annihilation barge

Still not used necrons on the table top, and no idea what I’d be facing!

The offbeat nature of the second list appeals to my sense of the wacky... I’m just deeply unsure that plasmancers have enough output to be worth it.

I much prefer the first list. The plasmancers don’t really do enough, in my opinion. Not having an overlord is pretty bad too, as it slows everything down quite a bit.

Can you run your annihilation barge as a CCB instead? Those are excellent. I’d like to try and magnetise an overlord so he can be on the barge or on foot.

Edited by Mandragola

I much prefer the first list. The plasmancers don’t really do enough, in my opinion. Not having an overlord is pretty bad too, as it slows everything down quite a bit.

Can you run your annihilation barge as a CCB instead? Those are excellent. I’d like to try and magnetise an overlord so he can be on the barge or on foot.

Yeah, the first list is what I’d normally run. But the tourney requires two different lists so I’m thinking of alternative ways I wouldn’t normally do.

The annihilation breathe is there:

- a long distance shooty unit that could objective sit (unlike a cab that would shadow warriors)

- it can use the Tesla strat to do more mortal wounds (kinda that lists theme). :)

But yeah, I do worry that the plasmancers would be 140 points of meh.

Played the little 1000point 5-round tourney! Went 4-1 but came in 4th out of 12 by aggregate points.

Ended up using slightly different lists to what I’d described above.

Mortal wound list:

Mephrit patrol

Overlord - voltaic staff, res orb (enduring will)

Plasmancer

Plasmancer

20 reaper warriors

5 scarabs

Transcendent c’tan (cosmic tyrant)

Annihilation barge

Used my mortal wounds gimmick list in the first three games as it was Custodes, Deathshroud, Custodes!!! Three victories for the Skelatoran legions! The Custodes and deathwing terminators just couldn’t absorb the mortal wound output.

The next two games I had to use my ‘regular’ list.

Patrol - mephrit

Overlord - voltaic staff, res orb (merciless tyrant)

Royal warden (conduit of stars)

20 reaper warriors

Patrol- expansionist, radcwreathed

Skorpekh lord (enduring will)

5 gauss immortals

5 flayed ones

6 skorpekh destroyers

3 scarabs

First game was against hive fleet kraken and I was caught off guard by how fast they moved. Double moved plus advance and charge saw devastating first turn charges that annihilated the warriors without any reanimation opportunity and put my on the back foot trying to clear his troops off my backfield objectives. I eventually killed his two genesyealer blobs , the two brood lords and the swarm lord but by then I was down to just my characters and out of time and points!

Final game was against a rhino and drop pod blood angels list that has no jump packs (a veteran player who disliked sang guard and primaris). It was a close set up and he had no ability to handle overwhelming pressure from the warriors and skorpekh.