Skelatoran dynasty

dice4thedicegod

I’d tried to make a doomstalker out of a reanimator a while back… decided I didn’t like it and needed another spider. So, there’s a fair bit of hacking around on this one, and don’t think it looks quite as good as the other.

Big question is… do the two high arched ‘legs’ at the back look ok or should they come off?

1108140_sm-.jpeg

(Top roe is new one)

• 1 month later...

Just getting back in to the necrons a bit… got a 1000 point tournament on the horizon and going to take either necrons or dark angels, so getting my options ready.

On which note, I realized what was missing from my lord model… Skelators hood!

Quick miliput hoody and slap of paint and I think he’s starting to look decent (need to smarten his face up a bit):

1112757_sm-.jpeg

Brainstorming for the upcoming 1k tournament. As before, it’s a “bring 2 different lists from the same codex. Show each opponent your lists pre-game, then each secretly choose which of the lists to play. Can’t use either list more than 3 times (5 games total)”

One of my lists is going to be mortal wound dealing, for Custodes/deathwing/harlequins matchups. I’m pretty happy with that one… I’m still figuring out the other ‘conventionally killy’ list.

Favorite so far is (all are mephrit)(lord Skelator is always warlord with -1 damage trait)(all are 5 cp):

————

Lord with res orb and voltaic staff

Royal warden with conduit of stars

20 reaper warriors

20 reaper warriors

5 gauss immortals

4 scarabs

4 scarabs

Lokhust destroyer

Lokhust destroyer

—————

Then there are a couple of other options…

A monolith…

20 reaper warriors

4 scarabs

3 scarabs

Annihilation barge

Lokhust destroyer

Monolith (gauss) (in aux hvy support)

—————

Finally, destroyer cult mixed in:

Skorpekh lord (merciless tyrant!)

20 reaper warriors

5 gauss immortals

6 skorpekhs

4 scarabs

3 scarabs

Lokhust destroyer

Lokhust heavy destroyer

—————

I feel like the monolith is tempting… but probably awful.

Which leaves skorpekh versus second warrior blob…

Monolith is tempting but for a competitive setting is a terrible idea. It’ll either absorb all their antitank fire and die on turn one or two, or get ignored and do terrible terrible damage, but not enough to compensate for the lack of board presence you’re going to have at 1k points.

I understand the temptation. But resist. My last game had a monolith, which did some good work and only died to a bad interpretation of the rules by my opponent, but didn’t do enough to make up for the fact that I had three things to hold objectives, and was counting on killing power to remove the enemy’s scoring units. I lost that game.

I love the idea of monoliths and I really do want to get the new model, I have only run the old model once in 9th and Drazar charged it and finished it off, raiders were doing some damage beforehand. It really needs an invulnerable save for something so big and expensive.

These are great. Very unique and inspired. I love seeing our collective childhoods pop back up Like this. It makes me smile.

You should grab one of these and pluck that staff topper:

med_gallery_33718_16888_8718.jpg

EDIT: @Mithril: Space Wolves have the 80's He-Man head in their "space wolves pack" box already. I have like six of the this head. I'd happily send one along free of charge for awesome project use, maybe as a Flayer with blue skin and red-orange hair (Faker).

EDIT 2: Found it.

med_gallery_33718_16888_48531.jpg

Edited by Wulf Vengis

Ok… going to finally start the silent king but first things first: a He-Man to go on his base!

The bloodstains are a great touch! As an alternate to using He-Man as a base decoration, how about drilling a hole through his torso, so you can pose Skeletor impaling a most hated enemy upon the Havoc Staff, and lifting He-Man off the ground in a demonstration of strength?