Black Crusade Recruitment

adesro18

Hello everyone, I would like to see if anyone is interested in participating in a PbP game of black crusade. I have never run a PbP game before, although I am generally familiar with the system, and a good deal of the background of the system and am confident enough to run one.

I am looking to run a smaller game, that if all goes well may spiral into a larger campaign. Initially I have an idea of having you bound to the service of a powerful Chaos Lord, which is what brings you together as a group of heretics and from there we will see how it goes.

If people are interested please reply below with a character idea and we can start discussing the game itself and proceed from there.

The following information will be useful to help define what to expect from the game:

Setting: The game will take place in the current setting, or at least shortly before. The first bit will take place at shortly before the fall of Cadia and the opening of the great rift. This will be used in place of the books setting. The game will begin on a world located within a small rift anomaly, a chaos world.

Adventure: The initial start of the game I will use an adventure of my own creation. The hook is that you are various heretics and rebels all brought together under the service of a chaos lord. As heretics you will want to probably make your own destiny, servitude is something for the lapdogs of the emperor after all. So after the initial planned adventure to get everyone familiar it will get a little more sandboxy as you make your own destiny.

Rules: I will be ok with using the core book, tome of blood, tome of fate, tome of excess and tome of decay for the game.

Character Concepts: I am allowing any type of character, as probably any character type would be able to shine. A game about chaos is all about making your own destiny in the stars and so I will allow you to be anything just remember being a mere mortal is a dangerous affair. I think most characters as Astartes would be rather durable and able to handle most situations but I'm curious to hear what you can come up with.

Target Audience: As a PbP game, combat will happen, but narrative is king of course. On top of that since it is a chaos game, I would like to discuss at one point what lines to not cross so to speak. What is everyon ok with or not before we go too crazy. But keep in mind the heretics of 40k are usually up to some pretty crazy things so probably would say that the game will cover some mature concepts.

Post Frequency: I would see maybe 1-3 story updates a week depending on how life would go. Of course you can always post multiple times for narratives sake but I would advance the story probably with that frequency depending on how things go.

How many players: I'm looking for 4-6 players depending on interest. I am looking for new and experienced players alike.

Character pitches: Below please submit your character concept. Just a simple outline including a few things: Mortal or Astartes, Archetype, and general idea of the character. Once we have enough interest we can get into the nitty gritty of making a character. For the future, it would be good to keep a short term and long term goal for your character in mind. These we may keep secret or public depending on what chaotic schemes you come up with. Also at one point we will have to come up wit ha goal of a group to keep us somewhat united but this will happen during further creation.

Edited by adesro18

Hi Adesro!

This sounds exciting, and it's definitely cool to see more people willing to step into the role of GM!

It might be interesting to tell your prospective players some key details:

- Is this story going to be sent in the official BC setting, or your own?

- Do you plan to use an official BC adventure, or your own?

- Is the story set in a specific time period - is there anything players need to know before conceptualising their characters?

- For the more rules-minded, do you want characters to only be from the Core rulebook, or can they use any of the expansions?

- As it is Black Crusade, do you want Astartes-only, Mortal-only, or a mix?

- For your narrative, do you want players to be from specific Legions/Renegade Chapters, or are they free to select?

- Do you want players familiar with the Black Crusade rules, or will you accept newbies?

- How many players are you looking to take?

- What sort of time commitment do you want from your players? How regularly do you think you'll update?

Well, I'm certainly interested in a game like this. My character concept is fairly simple(for now), but here goes:

So the character is a Female Human Psyker serving under a master up until recently. The master was a great chaos psyker who took the apprentice under her wing as she served the Dark Gods through rituals and spells. The apprentice looked up to the master, until one day she discovered she was only being trained to serve as a sacrifice for a ritual to ascend the master to Daemonhood. The apprentice escaped, and has been on the run ever since, trying to avoid her master, while simultaneously gathering psychic strength and allies to her side.