Supporting fire and the omega

aura_enchanted

has anyone tried running the sicarian omega tank destroyer in a list, it seems amazing given that wftda make it a s10 plasma weapon with twin link.

And considering its 190, would u take it over the 210 point dark talon, while the talon is ravenwing and can therefor jink and is a flyer but its also less consistent then a tank because it needs to hover to fire its big rift canon.

... but its also less consistent then a tank because it needs to hover to fire its big rift canon.

Really? I didn't see that under its information, is this an airborne flier rule in 9th for say weapons over S10 or something?

I believe it's more about wanting the +1 to hit from being stationary
And doing so would cause it to lose jink so I don’t think it’s be worth it . The sicaran looks very appealing

... but its also less consistent then a tank because it needs to hover to fire its big rift canon.

Really? I didn't see that under its information, is this an airborne flier rule in 9th for say weapons over S10 or something?

I believe it's more about wanting the +1 to hit from being stationary
And doing so would cause it to lose jink so I don’t think it’s be worth it . The sicaran looks very appealing

Truebut in a pinch you can still use HSF to get your 4+

Anyway i think the omega has untapped potential and that it can fill a gap in being heavy fire support in big points lists for softening up big targets like large demons or angry terminators and with a primaris techmarine you can then look at stuff like dreadnaughts with renewed interest who are already in a good spot but not great and the land speeders

• 4 weeks later...

I have used it although it was in my Fire Angels force not DA. It performed extremely well. I also had the two side sponsons with heavy bolters. Puts out a lot of good quality dakka. As for the turret thing, you already have the chassis, just find someone you know with a 3D printer and print the turret. Easily the best of the Sicarian variants. I want to say mine took out a carnifex a turn and then started taking out swatches of genestealers who were holding objectives.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to try the Omega, but I have tried the Venator with heavy bolter sponsons in a few games and was very happy with the result. The flat 6 damage when the model remained stationary goes with the 2+ hit so well. I guess I haven’t math-hammered it out to see which is more efficient though!

With WOTDA and the mortal wounds on 6’s I wouldn’t be surprised if the Omega edges it out.

Edited by backsosoon