Be'lakor Preview

WarriorFish

Jesus wept, what a model :ohmy.:

I'd be absolutely terrified to even try and assemble him, let alone give him a paint job worthy of his stature.

Don't worry, it's probably the easiest large model I've had to assemble. And as for painting, it's a dry brushes dream.

If you ever get your hands on Be'lakor; do the base, daemon, and chains seperate then assemble them. The chains make the inside of the wings a pain to brush, and the base/daemon get in the way of each other.

Will say, blending the chest with a makeup brush was by far my smartest idea for this model.

Jesus wept, what a model :ohmy.:

I'd be absolutely terrified to even try and assemble him, let alone give him a paint job worthy of his stature.

Only hard part of assembly is cutting and trimming the chains off the sprue. Okay the options and misprinting instructions make the arm position confusing and its a bit hard to choose which face and pose you want.

The Warhammer TV guide is pretty straight forward. I found it a bit too simplistic with just the greys so added some blues in there.

They didn't even leave the chains off.

He looks great!  My only suggestion is that he needs some spot of warm colour, somewhere as I feel he's a bit too dark at the moment and there isn't really any focal point to catch the eye.

He looks great!  My only suggestion is that he needs some spot of warm colour, somewhere as I feel he's a bit too dark at the moment and there isn't really any focal point to catch the eye.

I haven't finished the eyes (and what I did do is blurred out the in the photos) or highlighted the face.

Just got mine* yesterday, man he's.... Both tiny and huge as hell :laugh.:

Like, his body itself? Small. His wingspan is what actually makes him massive.

Additionally, I already have a plan on how to do him as a "shadowy monstrosity":
s-l400.jpg

For those who've never seen Musou Black in action:

EZAcSkQXsAAmJHs.jpg

Musou-Black-Darkest-Water-based-Acrylic-

Squidmar also has a video on it:

*Technically I've been sitting on once since he came out as someone at my FLGS paid me to assemble and paint Be'lakor for him.

Edited by Gederas

Wow. Will you do highlights and leave recesses as pools of darkness, or will he be entirely in shadow?

Same question, I'm very curious about how it'll turn out!