BT Gravic-centric 2k List

librisrouge

So, I'm a long time IG player but IG requires...a lot of painting. To the point where I keep burning myself out playing it. I'm thinking of leaving them behind for a faction with less models. Black Templar have always interested me and gravis marines are the coolest thing in the primaris line lately. Figured I'd play those two strengths together and see what people thought.

BT Battalion-

HQ-

Captain in Gravis Armor - MC Power Sword, Rifle, and Warlord (Frontline Commander)

Lieutenant - Sword/Board and volkite pistol

Master of Sanctity - Mantra of Strength, Canticle of Hate, Benediction of Fury, and Wise Orator

Troops-

Heavy Intercessor Squad x5 - Heavy Bolt Rifles and Heavy Bolter

Elites-

Aggressor x5 - Flamestorm Gauntlets

Aggressor x5 - Flamestorm Gauntlets

Bladeguard Veteran Squad x6

Judiciar

Chief Apothecary - Selfless Healer

Heavy Support-

Eradicator x3 - Multimelta

Plan-

Intercessors will focus on objectives while the rest move up the field together. BT strats will give the bladeguard and aggressors surprising attack range, while eradicators target anything tougher than basic infantry.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like gravis models, you really should bring Inceptors. They are the biggest beneficiary of 9th blast weapon rules.

Templars never need Wise orator: Ancient Breviary is simply better, and it is a relic instead of WL trait. WL traits slots are very crowded in Templar lists, while relic slots are less crowded. If you free a trait slot, it could take Rites of war.

• 2 weeks later...

Seconded on inceptors. They also bring speed to the list that doesn't require faction specific resources.

The chaplain on bike is a better fit for the smash style chaplain I feel. The Chaplain you have there could make good use of Catechism of fire or exhortation of rage as a support piece.