Templar TDA left shoulder emblem? 2x LC or TH/SS?

Paulie771

Would our TDA still have the usual Crux Terminatus on the left shoulder?  There are a few pads in the BT upgrade sprues that appear to be a stylized Crux Terminatus but I can't find any art that shows a good depiction of that shoulder.  Nit picking, I know, but while I'm building these two boxes, I figure I could do it right instead of being annoyed with them being wrong in the future.

Also, while I've got your attention, I've built one box with all TH/SS.  I'm still assembling the second box.  Should I build them all with lightning claws, a mix of them and TH/SS, or just go for the full out TH/SS ten man squad?

There is no right answer with the Crux really, rule of cool applies I would say.

As for Lightning Claws, my Termies are 9:1 TH/SS:LC, because I couldn't get the claw arms off no.10. but I made him the Sergeant, so he can take advantage of more attacks.

I've considered this as well.

Full hammers. :wink:

I'm leaning this way.

You could always magnetize them.

I've done this in the past and I honestly feel the hassle of keeping up with the arms, changing them out, and them coming off in battle or moving at odd angles is more trouble than it's worth. Appreciate the suggestion, however.

Would our TDA still have the usual Crux Terminatus on the left shoulder? There are a few pads in the BT upgrade sprues that appear to be a stylized Crux Terminatus but I can't find any art that shows a good depiction of that shoulder. Nit picking, I know, but while I'm building these two boxes, I figure I could do it right instead of being annoyed with them being wrong in the future.

Going back to the 3rd edition renditions (which you may or may not consider to still be valid), Black Templars Terminators bore the crux terminatus upon their left pauldrons.

gallery_26_7488_163261.png

And Matt Hutson's army used that scheme:

gallery_26_7488_205016.png

gallery_26_7488_88425.png

Moving forward to the 4th edition Codex: Black Templars, most of the Terminator models have a crux terminatus while a few appear to have stylized versions:

gallery_26_7488_9372.jpggallery_26_7488_8455.jpggallery_26_7488_6711.jpg

gallery_26_7488_15451.jpg

gallery_26_7488_29110.jpg

However, that codex also included the image below:

gallery_26_7488_27855.jpg

In that image, all three Sword Brothers in Terminator armour don't appear to bear the crux terminatus upon their left pauldron, instead bearing various other decorative motifs that are common to the Black Templars.

All in all, I'd say it's up to you. Your TDA Sword Brothers can bear the crux terminatus, whether standard or stylized, or they can have other Black Templars decorations (and you can mix and match them within your squad/army).

gallery_26_7488_1995.jpg

gallery_26_7488_19976.jpg

Would our TDA still have the usual Crux Terminatus on the left shoulder?  There are a few pads in the BT upgrade sprues that appear to be a stylized Crux Terminatus but I can't find any art that shows a good depiction of that shoulder.  Nit picking, I know, but while I'm building these two boxes, I figure I could do it right instead of being annoyed with them being wrong in the future.

***Snip***

This is fantastic.  Thank you very much for taking the time to post it. It helps me a lot.

Edited by Paulie771