Crusade FAQ

Vazzy

Mods, feel free to Melta if this covered anywhere else.

Looks like FW put out a sneaky update for Crusade, which is mostly for DA.

Big takeaway here is that Corswains sword does indeed count as a sword for Masters of the blade purposes.

Link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#the-horus-heresy

Wow, they took 6 months to tell us that Sedras' rules are purposefully intended NOT to work with the RoW that's more thematically appropriate for him.

The most serious issues with the book remain unresolved, I'm hoping for an actual FAQ.

Edited by The_Bloody

As I've said elsewhere, even putting aside the lack of book 8 FAQ, the entire thing gives the impression of being accidentally uploaded with only the first two pages. The fact it cuts off after covering only a single one of the six DA rites of war makes me think that it MAY be a part of a wider FAQ in progress, released in installments.

I don't want to be too optimistic. Some FAQ announcement and context would be great...

Edited by Darkwrath121

Wow, they took 6 months to tell us that Sedras' rules are purposefully intended NOT to work with the RoW that's more thematically appropriate for him.

The most serious issues with the book remain unresolved, I'm hoping for an actual FAQ.

The fact that this was released unannounced and is only two pages (and also completely skips book 8) makes me think this might be an accidental incomplete upload.

Called the Blade being masterable. Lots of missed stuff though and pretty disappointing considering its been over two years.

Crusade came out last year though didn’t it?

Called the Blade being masterable. Lots of missed stuff though and pretty disappointing considering its been over two years.

Over two years (and two black books) since the last FAQ Edited by Darkwrath121

The fact that this was released unannounced and is only two pages (and also completely skips book 8) makes me think this might be an accidental incomplete upload.

I sincerely hope you're right, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree that the document looks incomplete, that's for sure.

Edited by The_Bloody

Well, it's a start... But the addition to Marduk Sedras' rules is downright disgraceful, Storm of War is still horrifically limiting and the change to how many Interemptors you need to have to gain access still doesnt help them much.

At least the Enigmatus Cabal, Companions and Corswain got their much needed patches but c'mon Forgeworld - this is not the type of FAQ you put out after 2 years of waiting in which enough general stuff remains to be adressed as well as after putting out what must be the most half-baked set of Legion rules I have ever seen.

Edited by The Observer

Over two years (and two black books) since the last FAQ

Right, but this isn’t a AoD FAQ. It’s the Crusade one. No doubt an official FAQ is long over due but this isn’t that.

I’ve just accepted that we’ll get trickles of content and events and groups will have to make their own calls on stuff.

Over two years (and two black books) since the last FAQ
Right, but this isn’t a AoD FAQ. It’s the Crusade one. No doubt an official FAQ is long over due but this isn’t that.

I’ve just accepted that we’ll get trickles of content and events and groups will have to make their own calls on stuff.

It's still the first actual FAQ for the AoD system in that long. It being for only a single book doesn't make it not an AoD FAQ. The point being made in Skimask's post is that that you'd expect at least Book 8 changes crammed in too after this long, rather than what seems like a strangely cut down book 9 FAQ.

It's just odd. They probably have a document somewhere of stuff to FAQ across the books, so while Crusade is the most recent, it's unusual to release a small chunk of changes for that, skipping Malevolence entirely

Edited by Darkwrath121

From what comments I see anuj liking on Facebook, it's in the "shoulda been more" camp.

That being said, maybe he should have written the rules properly to start with....

Also very confused why this got shuttled off of the news thread. It's news; black library stuff in the past has gotten yanked from the sub forum to the news thread. But companies can advertise it up there fine?

From what comments I see anuj liking on Facebook, it's in the "shoulda been more" camp.

That being said, maybe he should have written the rules properly to start with....

Also very confused why this got shuttled off of the news thread. It's news; black library stuff in the past has gotten yanked from the sub forum to the news thread. But companies can advertise it up there fine?

And that's my hopes dashed.

Edited by The Observer

I checked the FAQ to see if it resolved the issue whether the regular Inner Circle Cenobium Knights have one or two wounds, with the initial PDF rule release on the Forge World website giving them two and Crusade giving them one. The FAQ didn't address this but the rules on the Forge World website now align with Crusade.

That aside, I agree with everyone else that this document seems awkwardly short and it's strange the other issues remained unresolved.

The weirdest thing to me is that there's no article announcing the update. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they always publish articles announcing that FAQs got released?

People only began to notice an FAQ appeared around 7-8PM GMT, later than articles and such are typically posted by GW. So it's possible that it went up too early, and if they ARE going to comment on it or release an artice, it'll be in the morning or afternoon GMT once they 'reopen'. Edited by Darkwrath121