State of the Union (Heresy)

I dont know about you guys, but with some 60-70 tac marines, 2/3 of which are completely magnetized for my fists I dont think I'd add new plastics to my main legion. Except maybe as a command squad or so because most (infantry) slots that I use on the regular are filled.

A new plastic range for me would mean a new legion.

I doubt we will See much upgrade Sets for the Heresy.

It just wouldnt be Costa efficent.

Not with a huge amount of third party bits shops which are already cheaper than FW and cheap 3d printers.

Just bought an Anycubic Mono for less than some single FW models myself.

So i wouldnt advise to get your hopes up in upgrade sets.

If if we get any plastic upgrades for the Legions, if we do they'll probably be the basics. I was looking looking at the current SM upgrade sets while chatting to a mate on discord yesterday and the Firstborn get 10 shoulder pads, 1 torso (2 for the BA) 3 heads (4 for the Ultras and 2 for the SW) and 2 weapons (just 2 hands for the BA) as well as some triming bits [DA for refference as they didn't get a mention before]. Then you have the BT who have their, out of date, but great upgrade set.
  The Primaris are even more strange, the Ultras, BA, DA and SW get 6 shoulder pads, 3 gravis, 3 heads, 2 arms and some extra bits whereas the IH, IF, Sallies, RG and WS get double the upgrade sets and 2 sets of transfers for not that much more money.

Speaking of money the firstborn sets are all £9, but the Primaris are £9, £10 and £15. With the Primaris chapters I mentioned first being the £9 ones (apart from the Ultras who get a £1 increase for some reason?) and the chapters who get the double size upgrade set and 2 transfer sheets are just an extra £6?

Sorry, went a bit ranty there. But with this in mind I don't think GW will do upgrade sets for them and if they do they will be similar to the Firstborn ones, pads, a few helmets, weapons and some accessories.

Any plastic upgrade sprue for the Heresy is also 75% cross-compatible for 40K. It’s only the torsos people don’t use on Primaris, but you can’t scroll two minutes on IG or Twitter without seeing someone use a Dark Angel or Imperial Fist or Blood Angel helmet on a Primaris and big mark 3 pauldrons with chapter symbols to ad some visual hook to Primaris shoulders would go off like gang busters.

Just thinking about the way they've sculpted skull helmets in the last three years makes me shudder. 

I dont know about you guys, but with some 60-70 tac marines, 2/3 of which are completely magnetized for my fists I dont think I'd add new plastics to my main legion. Except maybe as a command squad or so because most (infantry) slots that I use on the regular are filled.

A new plastic range for me would mean a new legion.

As someone who is starting a third Legion, I could easily see myself kickstarting a fourth one, or adding to existing ones if they give us new plastic marines, mark 2/mark 5. Updated Mark 4 would be awesome, or at least a more 'dynamic' mark 4 meant to be assault marines. Love me some running legs. 

Personally, I don't think that GW is going to redo Mk3 or Mk4, since those patterns already exist in plastic.

I'd guess that it's more likely to see a "new" mark making an appearance.

Plastic Mk2 would be great, but Mk6 could also be a possibility (with Black Library's Heresy being at the Siege of Terra stage)...

Edited by Old-Four-Arms

as some one with 5 heresy armies a new plastic box would very very easily get me starting new armies. off the top of my head my current shopping list is.

30 MkII marines for my scars

20 mkV and 20mkII for my SOH

20 MKVI for my Ultras

30MKII for a future NL

30 MKVI for a RTBO1 red and blue Blood angels force

one of each mark for a shattered legions force.

now i can give GW £24 for each box (price currently at my flgs) or i can keep printing them their choice.

I wouldn't expect any direct specifics about what they've seen to be posted on here to protect their source.

It's an oddly unpleasant situation to be in. This may get confusing so I apologise in advance, someone I know knows someone who knows a person at GW that leaked the information. When he told me I was like yeah right ok and pigs might fly then he showed me on his phone 100% undeniable proof and my jaw hit the ground. I want to scream out what I saw in detail but someone left an extremely obvious trail and even though I don't know them and they were incredibly reckless I don't want them losing their job on my conscience for something that will be out soon enough. Although I rarely post I love coming to this part of the site and looking at people's armies and reading their thoughts on the heresy so when I saw people losing hope who work I follow it was hard not to say anything. I am so excited about what is coming but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets leaked by someone with less scruples at some point.

Well how far along was what you saw? Was it the final box, concept sketches, bare plastic minis, sprues, painted minis? Which legions ? If you cannot say what it exactly is, what about the state of it? You may have seen something that is in ongoing development, not necessarily something that is fit for release anytime soon.

I swear to god this better not be clout chasing. After the ‘Plastic Dorn’ debacle I’ll be devastated.

To be fair, the White Dwarf cover that showed off Robute Guilliman was basically cast in gold and yellow so I could see where the confusion may have stemmed from if the leak of the cover below was only the upper half of the body.

IMG_3131.PNG

I swear to god this better not be clout chasing. After the ‘Plastic Dorn’ debacle I’ll be devastated.

To be fair it could actually be legit. I say this because up until the old world was blown up, I saw a lot of fantasy stuff + army books not publicly known about because one store owner were mates with a high up GW rep, who then in turn showed me because I was one of his best customers. The strange thing was, this rep only had the adv deets on fantasy, 40k was an information black hole for him which I found strange. I am no one special and this is in Australia as well, so Freeloader may have something, I rate plausible rumour. 

Well how far along was what you saw? Was it the final box, concept sketches, bare plastic minis, sprues, painted minis? Which legions ? If you cannot say what it exactly is, what about the state of it? You may have seen something that is in ongoing development, not necessarily something that is fit for release anytime soon.

Two fully painted completed armies in battle. It looked like something promotional from a White Dwarf spread and I've already mentioned the two Legions. The power armour is Mk 6 but modernized. I saw five plastic kits in total and I'd say based on what I saw yes it is ready to be released, I was told this year.  

Two fully painted completed armies in battle. It looked like something promotional from a White Dwarf spread and I've already mentioned the two Legions. The power armour is Mk 6 but modernized. I saw five plastic kits in total and I'd say based on what I saw yes it is ready to be released, I was told this year.  

By the four, SoH and IF along with new Mk VI surely we aren't jumping straight to Siege of Terra already surely? Calling on HH loremasters for other SoH vs IF moments that it could be instead... 

Good Emperor, please let this be true. The flesh is weak, but the spirit is ready and willing Edited by Sarvis

Weren't imperial fists and sons of Horus both present on Mars? Of course, not the Twisted, but we'd also heard they were working on Dark Mechanicum?

Plus they don't seem to have much of a problem retconning pre-established battles at the moment ^^'

EDIT I'll be honest, even if mkVI is iconic and has a nostalgia factor, in current fluff I'm not sure it would really make sense in context of a battlebox - I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'm not getting my hopes up

i'm not going to be super excited for MKVI, to be honest. We already have MKVI in plastic and I have stacks in my bits box from decades of collecting.

If it's a board game release then I will probably still pick it up though. I feel a little tied to Raven Guard but some Alpha Legion or Shattered Legions certainly has some appeal.

A bit gutted that its Mk6 and not Mk2, my SoH will have a mix of Mk3 and Mk4 and I had hopes for my Ultras to have a mix of Mk2 and Mk3 if they did release plastic Mk2 so I have no real need for Mk6 in my plans...

Edited by No Foes Remain