State of the Union (Heresy)

So with yet another messy release and pre-ordering from GW, I start to grow concerned with the possible HH box later this year. I hope, to whatever Gods are listening, that GW see that the queue system worked well once but the scalpers have found a way around it and actually fix it.

So with yet another messy release and pre-ordering from GW, I start to grow concerned with the possible HH box later this year. I hope, to whatever Gods are listening, that GW see that the queue system worked well once but the scalpers have found a way around it and actually fix it.

I think it says more about the nature of limited items and production than the queue system. But ya, actual scalper groups have programs made to circumvent security measures; GW's queue that can stack multiple devices from the same IP address for different spots in it isn't going to stop anything.

But the 30k set shouldn't be in the same realm as the limited/early access boxes. The AT, blood bowl, necromunda and LOTR starters are all still available, so the 30k set should follow suit. It's harder to manipulate scarcity and fomo of a product that's never going to stop being made.

Not in the know, what happened with the Beast Snagga box?

Gone within minutes, people on here and on reddit saying that some scalpers are listing 10+ copies on ebay.

I think it says more about the nature of limited items and production than the queue system. But ya, actual scalper groups have programs made to circumvent security measures; GW's queue that can stack multiple devices from the same IP address for different spots in it isn't going to stop anything.

But the 30k set shouldn't be in the same realm as the limited/early access boxes. The AT, blood bowl, necromunda and LOTR starters are all still available, so the 30k set should follow suit. It's harder to manipulate scarcity and fomo of a product that's never going to stop being made.

I hope so, rumours have also pointed at the HH being delayed by about 2 years so they better have enough stock.

Gone within minutes, people on here and on reddit saying that some scalpers are listing 10+ copies on ebay.

I hope so, rumours have also pointed at the HH being delayed by about 2 years so they better have enough stock.

My point is that the amount of initial stock won't really matter because they'll just...be making more. It's not like we're talking about consoles or anything either that has some parts that have very low supplies that result in low production; plastic and paper are pretty cheap and widely available.

It's fundamentally different from a limited Ed release with 1000 copies total (or however many for the boxes).

That's not to say that e.g. CAD designs drawn from the new plastic MK VI won't form the basis of a Noise Marine kit or potential plastic MK V won't form the basis of a Berzerker kit (both examples per Jes Goodwin's sketches)

^This is what I meant, a set a basic CAD templates and then tweaked for 40k and 30k units.

I know. The point was that they're not going to double up on units (we are not going to see new Night Raptors in plastic and new Chaos Raptors in plastic). Plastic legion units specific to 30k are a pipe dream at this point. Far more likely is what has already happened in the past: generic 30k CADs that are then used to make 40k era models, e.g. Tartaros in 30k and Scarab Occult in 40k, while FW continue to make resin units and characters for the legions.

Not legion specific units, but something like how we know there's going to be Mk6. A designer working on chaos units could grab assets from the Mk6 CAD to save time while working on something like Berserkers or Night Raptors.

I agree with that, but I was originally replying to your earlier comment:

A digital template for a Mk3-5 assault pose squad could form the basis for a late-Heresy World Eaters unit (less chaos, more legion specific details) and a new Berserker kit (more chaos, less legion specific details). Ditto for Night Lords and Raptors.

Point being, as above, we won't see e.g. a late heresy WE unit in plastic and a new Berzerker kit spun off from the same CAD model. If anything like that did eventuate it would be a very long way off. That's all.

Yeah, I would imagine that when GW get around to a 40K World Eaters release then they will be perfectly useable as 30K options in the same way the the Thousand Sons and Death Guard stuff is. Death Guard is kinda tied to late era narrative but I certainly wouldn't have any objection to somebody using them. Thousand Sons are just spot on.

Yeah, I would imagine that when GW get around to a 40K World Eaters release then they will be perfectly useable as 30K options in the same way the the Thousand Sons and Death Guard stuff is. Death Guard is kinda tied to late era narrative but I certainly wouldn't have any objection to somebody using them. Thousand Sons are just spot on.

Looking at the old FW CSM DG upgrades, I think paired with the plastic mk III would be the way for late HH DG would be my preference.

Not legion specific units, but something like how we know there's going to be Mk6. A designer working on chaos units could grab assets from the Mk6 CAD to save time while working on something like Berserkers or Night Raptors.

Just Raptors in 40k ;) 

Night Raptors are the 8th Legions 30k formation of assault cadres/companies

However, whilst on the subject, I really wish they'd return a bit to the old style of 40k Raptors. With the arched jump packs, sleek LONG avian helms, and talon'd feet. Sticking pointy sharp things on the edges of boots like the current plastic kit feels lame and cheapens it, in my opinion. 

alJT6Mb.jpg

You can almost see the Heresy mark armor under all the trim.

hHeWmn8.jpg

More of this style, for when they're redesigned. We -almost- have something like it already, but it's not quite there.

dCzIvM4.jpg

I’m sure reusability of CAD assets will be so far down the list of considerations for a new product as to be more or less irrelevant.

That stuff is like armatures back in the green stuff days. They’ll have it, to help the sculptors get to the meat of the project earlier, but it won't meaningfully influence timelines or profit margins, never mind factors like release schedules, the size of the product range, etc.

What a weak ass legion dispatch

Par the course of course

i feel all those "legion dispatch" 'news' were rather weak so far. i get it that its better than nothing but its just poorly hidden advertisement (on a page focused on advertising, yes). lets hope they get a bit more going if / when they show that new box...

What a weak ass legion dispatch

Par the course of course

i feel all those "legion dispatch" 'news' were rather weak so far. i get it that its better than nothing but its just poorly hidden advertisement (on a page focused on advertising, yes). lets hope they get a bit more going if / when they show that new box...

Also this part of the dispatch suggests the author went on 40k autopilot when discussing the structure of Legions during the Heresy: "As with all Praetors, this guy can be used to represent any senior Legion commander of the Sons of Horus, from a Company Captain to a Chapter Master." The more era-appropriate name is Lord Commander with Chapter Master being an alternate term.

Update: folks have subsequently corrected this point and the term was in common use in 30k. Thanks!

Edited by Cris R

It also mentions the weapon being a volkite pistol wich makes sense but was kind of funny.

Yes, the dispatch is disappointing given we also have leaks of the boxset. I’m also worried by the large scale increase we have with these characters.

Hopefully not the only Legion Dispatch for this month considering we already knew this guy was on the way

Also, didn’t get to see the terminator version.
Well, they probably counted all Terminators made so there wont be another misspack.

Maybe you get a SoH Terminator Preator If you order the IF one when its released.

Edited by Bung