State of the Union (Heresy)

Which Legions though? Im pretty certain they wont do all remaining legions in one go and we can probably rule out Fists and Alphas as they just got a focus (Shame as im sure the XXth would do something convoluted) and a few Legions already have rules as noted above (plus the Wordbearers).

White scars, World Eaters and Ultramarines have had a bit of development without rules so far, anyone I missed? 

Is it weird that I'm a bit disappointed by the Dispatch?

Maybe it's because I play BA and we already have special Destroyers. Or maybe because it involves a pre-existing unit.

Or maybe all the rumors got my expectations up.

Probably all of the above

Is it weird that I'm a bit disappointed by the Dispatch?

Maybe it's because I play BA and we already have special Destroyers. Or maybe because it involves a pre-existing unit.

Or maybe all the rumors got my expectations up.

Probably all of the above

Just wait and see.

We don't know what's coming.

It could be a generic thing where it explains who gets what or it could be "And this week: UM Destroyers!".

At the moment it is a little bit vague what they said about it.

Going to make the prediction that, instead of a whole new unit for each legion, this will feature updated rules for Destroyers and then a list of special rules / equipment that is legion specific, the same way that the Legion Praevian Consul rules do for Battle-Automata.

Yeah I was just enjoying the cliche. The other threads I was referring to have discussed mostly why the destroyers with all their “proscribed weaponry” are rocking dual bolt pistols (looks cool, but nothing that really screams xenocide actions). They get rad grenades and a bit of phosphex I guess, but there is still potential to do a bit more with them - I was thinking Mournival style “destroyer support squads” but if they have some legion-specific ideas, that sounds interesting too.

Looks like the Lightning has completely vanished? Link is dead.

Yeah, I actually need to pick one up to complete (finally) my XIII Legion list and saw this yesterday. Still assuming it is part of the general restock / recode that is going on, but am a little concerned that it has simply vanished, rather than sitting in the 'Sold Out' phase that all the other kits undergoing recoding have done recently...

Hoping we get an official Rite of War than enables a full Destroyer company (like a Moritat unlocking Destroyers as Troops etc.), as that would be wonderfully thematic for certain Legions and build on the community support.

I think I’ve used Destroyers perhaps once or twice ever, so it’d be nice to fit them in again!

Going to make the prediction that, instead of a whole new unit for each legion, this will feature updated rules for Destroyers and then a list of special rules / equipment that is legion specific, the same way that the Legion Praevian Consul rules do for Battle-Automata.

I hope they don't cherry pick legions like they did with the Praevian. Its a slippery slope for design and one of the reasons I don't really like the direction of Mournival units. If they give them something like vet troops options that would be gravy imo

I hope they don't cherry pick legions like they did with the Praevian. Its a slippery slope for design and one of the reasons I don't really like the direction of Mournival units. If they give them something like vet troops options that would be gravy imo

They ended up giving all the Legion's special rules for Praevians in the last (lol) FAQ though - so hopefully that won't happen.

Hoping we get an official Rite of War than enables a full Destroyer company

That hope is futile.

They talked about units only. But we'll see.

Praevian style list of what each legion has sounds more likely.

While I doubt they're going to drop a new RoW in a free campaign supplement, I think we'll get a RoW for Destroyer Companies / Formations the next time they update all the RoWs  or do a new Black Book.

I'd love an Ultramarines Destroyer themed army. The relationship between Destroyers and their Primarch was strained somewhat and the idea they're the unwanted child but have a necessity at times is pretty cool.

I'd love an Ultramarines Destroyer themed army. The relationship between Destroyers and their Primarch was strained somewhat and the idea they're the unwanted child but have a necessity at times is pretty cool.

And honestly, the nemesis chapter had some awesome fluff in Tempest. Iirc there was a thread where someone basically made them with some great modelling and narrative, but it was left for a long time.

It will be good to have the Destroyer kit without jump packs back, although why it's gone is baffling to me. They got rid of that kit just months before releasing a RoW for the 1st Legion, where your troops are Destroyers that can't have jump packs...

Hoping we get an official Rite of War than enables a full Destroyer company

That hope is futile.

They talked about units only. But we'll see.

Praevian style list of what each legion has sounds more likely.

I know, but I can but hope :laugh.:.

Definitely made me think of Distant Echoes of Old Night and how I’d really like to have a dedicated Death Guard company for that purpose. Be wonderful for narrative games.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Blackshield Destroyer units. There's a lot of narrative potential to make them play differently depending on the reasons they struck out on their own and how they engage in the Heresy.