State of the Union (Heresy)

If the new HH box is coming in the first quarter of the year, then it has to be reviewed at LVO. Any later and it makes no sense.

Aside from that, I'd hope that a pushing the boat out for the first LVO in two years would mean a look at what the next Black Book/Black Book Replacement looks like, as well as a proper handful of kits reviewed, not just a single character or a Praetor pairing.

Have seen a few suggestions that it will feature the Khan on jetbrike, but that would be absurd even by GW's sometimes strange standards IMO.

Generally speaking, the major system reveals have been teased around AdeptiCon or later. I still think a major HH release is a while off.

I expect one of the missing Dark Angels characters (Corswain), some new Praetors or one of the many missing units to make an appearance.

The more time goes by since those leaks the less I'm interested.

Since I'm quarantined I will tune in and see what they will show us.

Hobby funds are available but if they don't come forward with that box FW will receive them.

This is where I am at right now. Granted, I wasn't hyped about MKVI anyway as it's never been my favorite, but I had hype last June (ish, whenever it was) when the leaks went around. Now it's been so long my hype is pretty much dead, and several in my hobby circle have said the same thing

Don't get me wrong, I want them to reveal it but I won't be overly disappointed if they don't this week. I have enough projects I want to do with existing products. To be honest I would probably be more hyped with Praetors, Characters and a unit or two rather than the box, although I know many don't share that opinion which is completely fair

I really don't think it will, last LVOs we just got Qin Xa and 2019 we didn't get anything. Both were mainly AoS and 40k, with last year being the not-elves and the new western Admech and 2019 being new khorne and underworlds with the shadowspear for 40k.

It will probably some special characters or models for Legions that don't need them, like a Leviathan for the IF or SoH.

Edited by No Foes Remain

I feel like there's something fundamental I miss when it comes to death guard. I always feel like they're just a very vanilla legion with underbaked marine characters and a truly terrible rite of war.

These poison guys just continue that. They're more expensive than either support squad they can pretend to be, or the destroyers they ostensibly are. They don't score, they aren't particularly resilient and they're very short ranged; a recipe to be killed by shooting. Flamers are also particularly in effective vs marines as you need basically a perfect concave from a squad of 10 to average 10 dead power armour. Maybe they should have been toxiferrum with the shred.

Bit late to the party but... totally agreed.  Mortus Poisoner Squad!  Finally, Death Guard get something new, yay!   Then I read that it's a tactical support squad with flamers and Rad nades?  Do the writers hate DG, writers block, forgot we aren't Salamanders, forgot that chemical warfare is more than flame?  I feel there could be better ways to represent chemical warfare than just a suite of alternative model names and flamers.  We could really have used something to help our marines do what they do best, not add more fuel to the fire.  I always felt we could have done with a legion specific Destroyer Squad - but after reading these rules I'm not sure it would have been any good anyway.

I feel like there's something fundamental I miss when it comes to death guard. I always feel like they're just a very vanilla legion with underbaked marine characters and a truly terrible rite of war.

These poison guys just continue that. They're more expensive than either support squad they can pretend to be, or the destroyers they ostensibly are. They don't score, they aren't particularly resilient and they're very short ranged; a recipe to be killed by shooting. Flamers are also particularly in effective vs marines as you need basically a perfect concave from a squad of 10 to average 10 dead power armour. Maybe they should have been toxiferrum with the shred.

Bit late to the party but... totally agreed.  Mortus Poisoner Squad!  Finally, Death Guard get something new, yay!   Then I read that it's a tactical support squad with flamers and Rad nades?  Do the writers hate DG, writers block, forgot we aren't Salamanders, forgot that chemical warfare is more than flame?  I feel there could be better ways to represent chemical warfare than just a suite of alternative model names and flamers.  We could really have used something to help our marines do what they do best, not add more fuel to the fire.  I always felt we could have done with a legion specific Destroyer Squad - but after reading these rules I'm not sure it would have been any good anyway.

Agreed.

Like phosphex-lite grenade launchers (R24" Assault 1 S3 AP4 Poisoned 3+, Blast, Lingering Death), irad-cleansers, toxiferran flamers, rad-cannons, etc...

Especially chemical weapons in the sense of weakening/slowing enemy units/controlling movement around the battlefield (ala graviton weapons and phosphex lingering death) down to the DG's preferred speed than raw damage.

Got thinking about this round of rules and was actually kinda surprised FW just rehashed DA cenobites, instead of... you know, maybe a DA special ravenwing bike/jetbike unit?

Looking at the units so far i think their brief is simple kitbashes using existing FW models and mechanics plus one or two special rules. To give us something to tide us over until the now long delayed new starter/rules. Or perhaps to preview things which are included in those rules? Or at least let us know what models to make :D 

Its a good thing but i wouldnt expect anything groundbreaking!

Agreed.

Like phosphex-lite grenade launchers (R24" Assault 1 S3 AP4 Poisoned 3+, Blast, Lingering Death), irad-cleansers, toxiferran flamers, rad-cannons, etc...

Especially chemical weapons in the sense of weakening/slowing enemy units/controlling movement around the battlefield (ala graviton weapons and phosphex lingering death) down to the DG's preferred speed than raw damage.

Got thinking about this round of rules and was actually kinda surprised FW just rehashed DA cenobites, instead of... you know, maybe a DA special ravenwing bike/jetbike unit?

Or a Stormwing Unit *grumbles*

Looking at the units so far i think their brief is simple kitbashes using existing FW models and mechanics plus one or two special rules. To give us something to tide us over until the now long delayed new starter/rules. Or perhaps to preview things which are included in those rules? Or at least let us know what models to make :biggrin.: 

Its a good thing but i wouldnt expect anything groundbreaking!

I think this is the point of these PDF's. 

I was initially thinking that they had missed a trick by not giving us units with lots of legion flavour, interesting special rules and unique equipment, but actually they are just providing some new units for us to kitbash whilst we wait for the new content that's coming. If you look at it from this point of view then it's actually good to be getting these free rules each month :)