Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

SpiritFox22

SpiritFox22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 273 posts

I am seeing that AP1 on the carbine on the raider and I am hoping our normal Rangers get it too, about time we got that back.

Yeah if Rangers get AP-1 base on the galvanic rifles it'll help keep them semi-viable.  Even if they're arguably still the worst troop choice.

Though the changes to the Phosphor guns on the Sulphur-hounds is a bit odd.  Looking at most of the trends it was like GW was moving away from randomized shots for a flat amount of shooting.  Though if the Carbine still costs +15pts I still cant see myself running them even in fluffy games.  The buff to T4 and drop to 2W's though is expected though.

Finally regarding the Ballistarii do my eyes deceive me, is it a misprint, or have all their weapons gone from Heavy to Assault?

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

It looks like it is a change to actually make the Cognis mean something.

• Magos Takatus likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
Looks good but without points it could up being a nerf ( if over pointed) then anything.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,195 posts

Maybe the different protocols will make the robots have fixed number of shots instead of variable, something like that. 

Sisters got their main release, and have slowly trickled new units into the mix, mostly character/infantry units. Then boom they get a tank!

I’m hoping that maybe they’ve got a trick up their sleeves and the marshal isn’t the only unit we get.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts

Sisters got their main release, and have slowly trickled new units into the mix, mostly character/infantry units. Then boom they get a tank!

I’m hoping that maybe they’ve got a trick up their sleeves and the marshal isn’t the only unit we get.

I mean the AdMech already got the trickle release thing before the Sisters did, with the Duneriders, Archaeopter, Etc. I think the Marsallbis all that's coming, but the cover art does give me some hope
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Maybe the different protocols will make the robots have fixed number of shots instead of variable, something like that. 

Glances at DG and, more shockingly, the DEldar release.

It would be fantastic if the Admech got more stuff as well but I am a bit skeptical. They are at 15ish kits since they started in 7th, which isnt too bad so it might not happen.

...Can you imagine if they suddenly put all of the FW stuff in the codex as a lark?

EDIT: Holy moly, the SoB only have 13 kits atm by my count and are only going up to 16 counting the announced stuff. I seriously thought their range was much bigger than that!

Edited by StrangerOrders, 04 April 2021 - 08:31 PM.

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 495 posts

EDIT: Holy moly, the SoB only have 13 kits atm by my count and are only going up to 16 counting the announced stuff. I seriously thought their range was much bigger than that!

We got a few new data sheets during the revamp, but iirc we only got two completely new kits that didn't replace existing ones (Junith Eurutia and the Triumph), and we actually lost a few things like Arch-Confessor Kyrinov and Uriah Jacobus. So are upcoming wave will actually expand the army, which the revamp really didnt
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 716 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

We got a few new data sheets during the revamp, but iirc we only got two completely new kits that didn't replace existing ones (Junith Eurutia and the Triumph), and we actually lost a few things like Arch-Confessor Kyrinov and Uriah Jacobus. So are upcoming wave will actually expand the army, which the revamp really didnt

I respect the view but very aggressively disagree with discounting resculpts (especially those that come with new options) from release counts.

The Sister's entire range was effectively remade and that most definitely counts. Especially with how rough those old sculpts are.

Fairly sure alot of people that play older armies (myself included) would love to see their Guardians, Guardsmen and the like redone over brand new units. 

Its why I have a positive view of the Sister's release but am deeply suspicious of the new Ork release looking more like a new subfaction entirely which will leave their older kits to languish as is. 

Quality of the average sculpt and its age are far more important than bloating an army for its own sake (glances at the insane and increasingly redundant size of the Primaris unit roster while alot of actual Marine characters and chapter-specific stuff are increasingly getting outdated). 

Granted, thats a difference in priority. 

Edited by StrangerOrders, 04 April 2021 - 10:24 PM.

• Aarik and Doctor Perils like this

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,111 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Also, regarding sisters:

Although Zephyrim are a dual build with Seraphim and Mortifiers are a dual build with penitent engines, the addition of these units was a significant expansion to the range, particularly for a faction with a limited arsenal of tools. It's also worth keeping in mind that if we lost Kyrinov and Jacobus, we also gained Taddeus the Purifier, Pious Vorne and Gotfret de Montbard- though it would have been nice to have them in the dex, just as it would to have a generic Death Cult Execution like Knosso Prond, who is the only one of the four models whose Keywords do not work for the Ministorum.

Edited by ThePenitentOne, 04 April 2021 - 10:55 PM.

• StrangerOrders likes this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,428 posts

This is an Ad-Mech topic folks, so lets try to frame any Sisters discussion in terms of how it relates to the Ad-Mech release.

• Marshal Loss likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,304 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Onager Dunecrawler new weapon stats:

Spoiler

• Magos Takatus, MajorNese, Black_Knight and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts

Still D3 on the Neutron, dammit! It doesn't matter if you give it +2 strength if it never hits 60% of the time.

The Eradication beamer is definitely better, more AP and constant damage, I prefer the 3 over the D6.

Ooooh the Heavy Phosphor blaster is starting to look tasty, two more shots and standard two damage now, that is really looking like the elite killer it is supposed to be.

I need to look at it a bit more but that defiantly makes the spider tank more attractive compared to what it was, I just wish we would of gotten 2 shots of the Neutron. If the Submarine is similar to what it was then there might be some choices in the future.

I actually want to take the Beamer oO

Edited by Black_Knight, 06 April 2021 - 01:31 PM.

• quasistellar likes this

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

I am happy with the Phosphor Blaster upgrade. Of course we haven't seen what the Kastelans are armed with now but using the old stats as a baseline this looks a fair bit meatier in comparison.

I'm a little deflated about the Neutron Laser but it isn't dissimilar to how the Gladiator tank's long range anti-tank had less overall damage output.

Gotta agree with you on the Eradication Beamer. That might be a bit nasty next time something like a Haruspex decides it wants a piece of my gunline. 

I'm glad I magnetized my Onagers now, those are potentially some tasty options.

• Black_Knight likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

extremely disappointing on the d3 shots neutron laser shots.  The other weapons look improved, but the chassis better stay cheap if this is what we're getting.  It's really hard to look at this and then look at retributors or eradicators or ravagers and not be annoyed, unless the price with a neutron laser is like 100.

Edited by quasistellar, 06 April 2021 - 02:22 PM.

• Black_Knight likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,304 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Cawl datasheet:

Spoiler

• Prot likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

The little metal hand holding the keys being highlighted as a weapon is very funny to me.

• Prot likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

frostclaw222

frostclaw222

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,065 posts
  • Faction: Wolves, Custodes, AdMech, BL

Has anyone noticed that the Book of Dust calls out Atropos pattern knights in its Armies of Renown? 

If I recall, that's the first time we've seen that done. Could be a sign of things to come for AdMech. 

A frostblade means never having to say "This might take a while..."

Frostclaw's Fracas: Building a Great Company from the Ground Up

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

The little metal hand holding the keys being highlighted as a weapon is very funny to me.

A key up the nose may well be just the tool for victory. I bet Abaddon wouldn't see that coming.

Has anyone noticed that the Book of Dust calls out Atropos pattern knights in its Armies of Renown? 

If I recall, that's the first time we've seen that done. Could be a sign of things to come for AdMech. 

I doubt it means much but it would be great for the Forge World Knights to get some recognition. The Cerastus Knights in particular are less common but not supposed to be incredibly rare? I think that Belisarius Cawl was noted to have his own Triaros somewhere in the lore but it's not got any further explanation sadly.

• Prot likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
I would really like to see the Sicarian Ruststalker stats...

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts

No... no... Hope dies last.

• Prot likes this

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts

No... no... Hope dies last.

Yeah, I guess I should just keep the hope alive until it drops. Shame too because those are some of my favorite units.

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,303 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Perhaps those are special keys, that when you insert them into someone it unlocks their death!

• Magos Takatus likes this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

Should have highlighted more of the gubbinz for #3. 'Mechanical accouterments of deeeeeth'

Does pinchy have any rules atm? 1 dmg power first better do something cool

Edited by Emicus, 07 April 2021 - 01:40 AM.

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

Should have highlighted more of the gubbinz for #3. 'Mechanical accouterments of deeeeeth'

Does pinchy have any rules atm? 1 dmg power first better do something cool

Dd3 versus vehicles. It gained an AP.

Solar Atomiser went from Dd3 to flat damage 3, but it was Dd6 within 6".

Axe gained 1 S.

• Emicus likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Cawl doesn't look particularly great, but with him it will be all about the special rules and not the profile.

-~Ishagu~-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users