Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[40k] Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,304 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Pteraxii datasheet:

Spoiler

bRxSYDV.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts
More tasty art?

rR1Kz8HOSkdcOmpV-1060x442.jpg

From https://www.warhamme...anicus-and-you/
  • Prot, Kierdale and Dark Shepherd like this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts
^
Se10101010110xxy

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,832 posts

Cawl looks very slightly better, but really we never take him for his axe, so the extra strength is kind of moot (if you're swinging the axe, it's probably too late. :) )

The Atomizer seems to have lost the half range potential D6 damage... for a flat 3. Meh

The interesting thing will be his aura for sure.

The Pteraxii Sterylizors look fairly unchanged (assuming their flamers still ignore cover?). Maybe this means the newer kits will be pretty much the same... including the Serberys?

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Reigart

Reigart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
The small taser is now -1 AP
  • quasistellar likes this

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

The small taser is now -1 AP

A positive omen.  I really would like Sicarians to be good--they're such cool models.  This is off topic, but I've always thought some kind of Sicarian melee beatstick/blender character would be a lot of fun in the army and open up some play options. 

• The Officer, Shinespider and ThePenitentOne like this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

If the Skitarii Alpha is a commander, the Skitarii Omega should be a ludicrously augmented Sicarian on the level of an Imperial Assassin. 

• Magos Takatus, MagicHat, ThePenitentOne and 1 other like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Black_Knight

Black_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
  • Faction: AdMech, DW, IK, Blood Ravens

Give Rustalkers -3ap and damage two and we may have a winner(Oh and -1 to hit and a 9" move so they can be stalkers :P). They have the lore of the resonance ability but it really doesn't work with hoping a unit lasting to the second round of close combat in 9th.

gallery_48988_15465_45080.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,304 posts

Archaeopoter Leaks for 9e (Credit to u/JamPatTheGamer)

Spoiler

bRxSYDV.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

I think those heavy phosphor blasters are conflicting with the shown "twin heavy phosphor blaster" that's on the dunecrawler.  Dunecrawler twin version is 8 shots and 2 damage.  Either one of these is incorrect, or maybe the Dunecrawler version is getting a name change + upgrade?  The barrels on it DO look a little different (bigger/beefier) from the robots and archaeopter if I remember correctly.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

Personally I think the Twin Heavy Phosphor Blaster on the Onager is being changed into an improved weapon. It reminds me of how the Tau Broadside used to have petty much the same Railguns as the Hammerhead, but it got split into a Heavy Rail Rifle so that the stats for each unit could be uncoupled. This however appears to be the opposite way round, with the larger weapon receiving an increase in power. I'm quite happy about this improvement to the Onager, but I have a feeling the shooting twice ability on the Kastelans is going to get removed. I hope whatever they replace it with is still good.

• Shinespider, quasistellar and SufficientAnonymity like this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,154 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

I suspect it's a mix of Twin Cognis, general Linked/Twin weapons, and 2x of weapons, that's causing a bit of confusion. Twin Cognis and general Linked/Twin weapons give the combined total in the weapon profile while 2x (or any other multiple of a single weapon) of a weapon provide the base profile and you have to do the simple math for the total. The Phosphor Blasters on the nose of the flyer are two single Blasters while the other weapons are Twin-cognis, for example. Remember that Cognis should provide some other benfit/effect and it's not just doubling the weapon, many Cognis weapons are Linked/Twin, but not all of them. 

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

No, the weapon on the Onager is simply "twin" in front of "heavy phosphor blaster".  Not cognis at all.  And I accounted for the difference -- the statline for the phosphor weapons in the archaeopter show the individual weapon amount of shots (3), while the Onager shows total shots for the twin version (8), plus the damage is different.  One damage on the archaeopter, and 2 damage on the Onager.

With this amount of differences I'm betting on the Onager being a new weapon type.  Heck, as you say, maybe the new Onager weapon will be called "Twin Cognis Heavy Phosphor Blaster" to account for the additional damage and shots.  Or maybe "Twin Heavy Phosphor Cannon".

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,154 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Correct, Cognis is not automatically a Twin weapon but in many cases it will be, so it can seem that way. My point is, as far as I know all Twin or Linked weapons have the doubling of the shots included in the profile, but if a chassis has single weapons more than once the profile is for the single weapon and you do the math for the number on the vehicle. But you're right, in this case it's not a straight doubling.

As I mentioned in the AdMech section to the same discrepancies; it doesn't rule out that there will be distinctions and different weapons (Yay! More obscure weapon variant names!) but I still suspect that some of the confusion is caused by a mix of these factors. Who knows, maybe Cognis now confers a rate-of-fire bonus for AdMech and that's what we're seeing, or it could just be a typo. Regardless, the Omnissiah will reveal all soon enough when the Codex drops.

• Magos Takatus likes this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

I guess I don’t know what confusion are you referring to? I don’t think anyone is confused—this is either a misprint or a new weapon variant.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,832 posts

Crazy thing is the thing I am waiting the most for as far as datasheet leaks is the Breacher/Destroyer type leak which I think will tell us a lot about the state of the non-Skitarii troops and give us a lot more insight as to the style of board control Admech will have to rely on in 9th.

• Gaz1858 likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

Crazy thing is the thing I am waiting the most for as far as datasheet leaks is the Breacher/Destroyer type leak which I think will tell us a lot about the state of the non-Skitarii troops and give us a lot more insight as to the style of board control Admech will have to rely on in 9th.

Huh, I'm the opposite.  I'm curious about Skitarii more -- they've been pretty bad for a while now, and they have lots of weapon options.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,304 posts

Weapons article

Galvanic weapons:

Spoiler

Arc weapons

Spoiler

Cognis weapons

Spoiler

Kataphrons

Spoiler

Edited by Marshal Loss, 13 April 2021 - 12:42 PM.

bRxSYDV.png

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 538 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
New weapon upgrades for Ad Mech!
https://www.warhamme...n-updates-APR13

Damn ninja'd!

Edited by TheFinisher4Ever, 13 April 2021 - 12:40 PM.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,227 posts
Substantially improved dakka for sure
  • quasistellar and Dark Shepherd like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Reigart

Reigart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

I like the changes for many reasons, but mostly because I think it gives meaningful choices.  For example:

• Rangers v. Vanguard - Vanguard always seemed to have an edge when choosing. Now Rangers are clearly more ranged and can fit that role if you want them too.
  • Breacher weapons - I don't think I've ever seen a torsion cannon in a list.  The added range and damage will make it a contender, especially with Marines.  The arc weapons also have some nice versatility.

I also think the kataphron weapon buffs make sense with what I'm guessing is a nerf to Cawl's aura (along the lines of other re-roll hits).  It will be interesting to see what other changes there are and how the points reflect those changes.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts

The torsion cannon change feels thematically weird - the division between destroyers and breachers was that the former were backline fire support, while the latter were more resilient and in-your-face. Giving the Breachers a 48" weapon just seems odd. 

• MARK0SIAN likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,818 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
That galvanic rifle is a lot better. Lol I have mostly Vanguard in my army, unfortunately.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

-~Ishagu~-

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

Great changes overall.  Pretty much across the board improvements to weapons that were definitely lacking.  Plasma on Kataphrons no longer being suicide is a change that is waaaaaaay overdue.

I'm mostly excited to see what happens with Sicarians, Onagers, Kastellans, and the Datasmith.  We now know Ruststalkers get additional AP, and Onager weapons are improved, but those two need some additional help to be competitive.  Something with stratagems or abilities on the datasheet.

I'm really interested to see what they do with the Kastellan + Datasmith interaction.  I'm assuming the double-shoot will be gone on the robots.  The Datasmith was never worth it because of the huge delay in the ability to switch programs.

Crix

Crix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts
I like the heavy change to the galvanic guns. Makes them seem more like the old type line infantry muskets. Losing rapid fire hurts obviously but fluff wise it fits, and game wise they should be back line anyway.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users