2k New Dark Eldar

jgascoine011

Looking at the new codex and i am coming up with 2 lists, 1 is raider spam and the other is venom spam.

I dont play dark eldar but have played against them a lot. I used to think that venoms were over rated however with the buffs to splinter cannons i actually think they are pretty scary now. Incubi (with drazhar) are also increidibly scary.

List 1: 

This is a wych cult list in 3 patrols. I would probably take Test of Skill and 1 other obsession as I think Test of Skill is just necessary to deal with enemy tanks.

Patrol 1:  

HQ

Succubus

- Drugs: +1 Attack

- WLT: Quicksilver Fighter (-1CP)

- Relic: Tripiych Whip

This girl is insane, 12 attacks that hit and wound on 2s, at AP-3 and D2

Troops

3 x 10 Wyches

- 3 Hydra Gauntlets

Not to sure what drugs to give them, I feel that 4 attack each is fine, so would probably go +1S or +1T)

Transport

3 Raiders

- Disintegrator Cannons

While i think the buff to dark lances is good, the cannons can deal with both enemy tanks and heavy infantry, somthing wyches struggle to deal with.

Patrol 2:

Succubus

- Just give her whatever you want

Troops

3 x 10 Wyches

- 3 Hydra Gauntlets

Transports

3 Raiders

-  Disintegrator Cannons

Patrol 3

HQ

Drazhar (warlord)

Troops

5 Wyches

Elites

10 Inccubi

Heavy Support

Tantalus

The Inccubi, wyches and drazhar all go into the tantalus, with the wyches providing bodies incase your tantalus dies before your inccubi can disembark.

You could drop the Tantalus and take a raider instead, at which point i would run it as 2 patrols and drop the extra succubus and the 5 wych squad, saving around 300 points, and then take some reavers/hellions instead

I am not too sure on the rules, but if possible i would change patrol 3 to a coven with the +1 to wound and damage trait as there is really no reason not to, changing the wyches out for wracks obviously.

Patrols 1 and 2 actually give a good bases for most lists, swapping out the wyches for warriors or wracks (and saving you a bunch of points)

If you did swap out the wyches for warriors then I would give them and the raiders dark lances.

List 2:

This is a kabal list in venoms as a batallion, would probably run it as the 3+ posion kabal

HQ

Drazhar

Archon

- Dijin Blade

Troops

6 x 5 Warriors

Elites

2 x 5 Incubi

Transport

8 Venoms

- Splinter Cannon

Heavy Support