Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BC]: Magellan's Devils (IC Thread)

Black Crusade Heresy PBP FFG Renegades DTTFE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts

With nothing inside, he moved from door to door down the left side, till he heard a voice he recognized.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Ollkyrax makes a mental note to find interrogator Crane once this mess is over, to have a little... reunion of sorts...

"Huron just wanted glory I'm guessing, and he did quite a good job of it for a while. That is until your reinforcements showed up. Good job on that by the way, credit where it is due. My only critique is that you didn't catch all the escaping ships. Not Huron's, and certainly not the one transporting my... project."

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Vargr:

Capture: + 30 Mins.

+Wake up, heretic.+

The pinpoint burns of lasrifle fire ache, even for your genhanced body.  As a man used to ranging far and wide, you are no stranger to different narcotics produced in the back-alleys and underhives of those who rail against Imperial rule.  The yoke you turned on for freedom.

Your senses tell you that once again, that has been taken from you.  Six voices plague you from the edge of your senses, but you focus on the tone of an Imperial swine.

Heavy footsteps sound nearby, and a faceless visor in a carapace armour helmet peers over you.

+I am Interrogator Crane.  You are Prisoner 813.  You are under sentence of death, postponed on the authority of Lord Renthor.+

Needles vex your arm and the walls begin to close in.  Crane's voice takes on an echo.

Closing in.

+Do you understand?+

Severis:

Each door yields only silence, except the last.

"Please..please...I understand."

The voice is female, but the viewport is blocked and the voice muffled.

Ollkyrax:

+Your plans are irrelevant.  It is obvious you are a pawn of Huron.  A petty thief with ideas above his station.+

He reaches down and pulls up a bucket of water, pouring it over you slowly.  He tosses it away.

+We have evidence you fouled Magellan's defences.  However, you couldn't do it alone.  Who was your confederate?+

He thumbs the device, ready.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 16 April 2021 - 08:22 PM.

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts

Through gritted teeth, Vargr glared back at the opaque mask. "Enough talk, Inquisition scum. Finish the job your kind failed to complete all those centuries ago. I understand that I shed blood to keep worms like you alive, and for this my chapter was repaid with treachery and extermination!"

He weakly attempted to strain against his restraints but to little avail. These maggots had taken no chances with one as dangerous as he.

Edited by Necronaut, 16 April 2021 - 08:44 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts

Hearing the voice, Sev spits on the bolts holding the door shut, waiting just long enough before pulling them and charging in to crush whatever mortal was harming her with his door.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Vargr:

Crane's voice is decidedly calm and unmoved.  +You are the only scum here, 813.  You are nothing.  A traitor to your Emperor, a traitor to your friends.  Leaving them to die for an empty road.  An empty soul.+

He paces, his steps a rhythm.  Tap, tap, tap, tap.

+Why did Huron Blackheart attack Magellan?+

Sevaris:

Her face is badly bruised, but at least her modesty is intact, held under a bloodstained penitent's robe.  She is shackled to a slab, much like you were.  As soon as you bash though, she screams, but then realising you are there, she looks up with her big blue eyes.

She acts on instinct, but you are alone. "Sev!  Sev, get us out of here!"

Her interrogator is crushed under the felled door.  His feet stick out quite comically, twitching.

Olivia moans and struggles against her bonds.  "Why did we ever come here?"

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 16 April 2021 - 08:35 PM.

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.

Necronaut

Necronaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts

Vargr laughed, "Because he could! Do you truly think brotherless scum such as myself is privy to Blackheart's machinations, you fool? Let us skip these pleasantries and get on with the execution already -- I'd rather not spare more time mincing words with your kind."

Edited by Necronaut, 16 April 2021 - 08:44 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts

Sev pulls the door off of her interrogator, removing his keys as before unbinding Olivia. He looks down and away before admitting, “Guilt, we came for my guilt. I need to kill Huron for my part in elevating him to chapter master. It is partially my fault Badab burned; I need to make up for it.”

Helping her off the slab and taking her back to his chamber to retrieve the undamaged armor from his interrogator before they both started to make their way down the other side of the corridor. As they came to the corner Sev spoke honestly, “I will understand Olivia, if you wish to leave me behind and try to find a place to live out your life in peace. I know I am bound for a violent end, you do not need to be.”

She touched his arm, softly, with familiarity before she said, “You saved my life Sev, and I’ve saved yours. We’re about as close to family as either of us have now, I’m not walking out on you now. So, let us get out of here and find a good place to grab something to eat.”

• Necronaut likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Sevaris:

As you turn the corner, you set a flight of stairs leading up.  At the head of them a large shadow falls onto the landing, and you discern the tramp of something heavy.

Impossibly heavy.

The steps are metronomic, accompanied by the sound of servo-mechanics as the shadow grows larger.

Vargr:

+You seek death not because you are fearless, but because you are weak.  You run for freedom because you are a coward.  Very well.+

He steps back and jams the barrel of a bolt pistol against your head.

He pulls the trigger and the howl of the explosion is the last thing you hear, the heat and lance of pain the last thing you feel.

• TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts

Waving for Olivia to move back and making the symbol for silence, Sev got ready behind the wall to swing his slab of a door at the object that was coming with all of his might.

Edited by Steel Company, 16 April 2021 - 09:17 PM.

--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Sevaris:

A hammer-blow smashes plascrete across the gap between you and the assailant, cleaving a gap a few millimetres above your head and showering you with debris.

+You think me a fool to fall for that trick?+ a vox grille snarl is all you receive before the growl of articulated armour and the keening screech of a disruptive power field shears down through your shield to stop a snapping, burning inch above your head.

The sheer force of the attack drives you back and a boot follows up, ramming force from the other side of the door, wrenching the blade out of the plasteel.

Rolling back, you brace against the wall with your ruined door-shield to stand face-to-face once more with the Black Knight, Sarjent Gotz.  His armour is caked with powder and he spins, shifting his feet in an amazing display of footwork.

His black blade scythes down again, felling Olivia, the blunt force enough to elicit the sharp crack of a broken neck.  He brings his blade en garde.

+Get up, traitor.  I claim your life now.+

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 16 April 2021 - 09:49 PM.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts
Sev stands tall before the Templar, looking over his should to Olivia before turning back to the Templar and saying, "My life for hers. I dragged her along for my amusement, she should not he punished for doing what she needed to survive."

With his words said, Sev spreads his arms wide, exposing his chest and adds, "I meant to honor my words to you. I am not heretic Astartes, I am the last Astral Claw and I will face death head on."

With one last breath, he awaited the killing blow from the Templar.
  • TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Sevaris:

Gotz nods, a deferential gesture of respect.  +You die with honour.+

The blade spears your chest in a fiery pain that consumes your world.

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts
With his life flooding from him, almost fast as his blood, Sev looked to Olivia and spoke, "Find happ-"

His words ended there, the last of his strength gone along with the light in his eyes.

As the Templar with drew his blade, Olivia collapsed beside Sev and begged him, "Send me to his side, he shouldn't be judged by the Emperor on his own."

Closing her eyes she waited for the heavy blade of the Templar.

Edited by Steel Company, 16 April 2021 - 10:37 PM.

• TechCaptain likes this
--Dremen

--Octavulg

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 908 posts
  • Faction: Imperials

Odds improved but not senough. Three Warforms of rated combat performance, plus one controller and several thralls of various levels. Biding his time seems like the prudent thing to do, surely they will gather the survivors and those to be interrogated in similar holding areas for convenience. It was worth recording and noting the Rhino Variant they were in for data to be processed later as well as noting the fact that the Magos has seem to trust him. 

+Understood, Harmony must be Restored to full compacity. Execution of wait protocols until destination reached. Re-establish Functions at new location. Inquiry - Location of re-establishment?+

Bloodmoon Hunters Armorial mini
With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. Bloodmoon Hunters on 40k Homebrew Wiki and 40k Theories Youtube Channel. “Here’s to you, Nicola and Bart, Rest forever here in our hearts, The last and final moment is yours,That agony is your triumph.” MGSV

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Olivia Galea:

Serjant Gotz turns on his heel, burning crimson lenses fixing on Olivia in the darkness between the lamplight.  He offers the point of his sword to the young woman.

+Non Terminus Judicii.+

"Judgement Never Ends..."

She kisses the blade, and the lamps go out.

Ollkyrax:

+Your silence condemns you, 601.  Yet that is not your true number is it?  Murderer 011?  Bury your sins in the grave of your accomplices.  Give. Me. A. Name.+

Crane's thumb hovers over the switch.

Scairp:

The Magos peers at you, but the cant of his head suggests confusion.

+Calculus determines Origin Zone Primary as our most secure fall back.  Certainly this tenet was inloaded to your cognition vault?+

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts

Ollkyrax weighs the situation. Giving up Scairp would save him a nasty shock sure, and his flesh is certainly screaming to be spared, but it is his mind that is in charge. Thinking about the situation logically, Scairp is the Battlesmith's current best chance of long-term survival. Trying to avoid dismissal as useless, Ollkyrax tries a lie.

"Trader captain Horacio Reznor, of the merchant frigate 'Righteous Quest'. His cargo was a series of high-quality servitors which he had let me tamper with in return for payment. Once they were put to use in data-centers around Magellan, the servitors inserted an infiltration curse in the defense system. Afterwards the servitors self-destructed random components in order to feign mechanical error, causing local techpriests to melt down the seemingly faulty servitors and destroy the evidence. Once the battle of Magellan was joined, I took control of the curse from range to aid my assault."

OOC

Deception test:
Fel 49, -20 circumstance, -20 untrained=9
1d100=7, 1 DoS
Holy Moly, I love you math rocks!

• TechCaptain and Necronaut like this

TechCaptain

TechCaptain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 908 posts
  • Faction: Imperials

+Negative, Secure Locations not downloaded before Invasion, Locations wiped for Protection.+ 

Speaking the truth in this case but not for the reasons that would be on the forefront of the Magos mind. The Best lies come from the misleading truth. But not wanting to go down the rabbit hole of needing more answers than questions, Scairp decided to patiently wait for them to reach their destination, but now that he has some access again to what is going on around them, he has SAM passively recording all communications, encrypted or not. He can work the cyphers later but for now it was allowing him to get a baseline on the Magos and even the Skitarii as little as they have spoken. The subtle reactions to the bumps in the road even gave Scairp information even if it wasn't readily usable at the moment. 

Bloodmoon Hunters Armorial mini
With iron and fire the beast shall be lain low at the hands of the Hunters whose home is under the Bloodmoon. Bloodmoon Hunters on 40k Homebrew Wiki and 40k Theories Youtube Channel. “Here’s to you, Nicola and Bart, Rest forever here in our hearts, The last and final moment is yours,That agony is your triumph.” MGSV

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Ollkyrax:

Crane's Scrutiny Test:

Spoiler

+Hmm.  Reznor you say.+  The carapace helmet twists in contemplation, looking off to the corner of the room over the door.

There is a series of vox clicks and the muffled sound of Crane talking to someone.  He lowers the device, his posture becoming more relaxed.

+Very good.  You begin your path to redemption with the first step.  You may rest.  I will return in ten minutes.  The Emperor rewards the penitent.+

He strides for the door and you hear it open, grinding on hinge-bolts under great weight.  A moment later and it slams shut and there is only silence.

Scairp:

The Magos nods.

+Calculus positive.  Integer of risk was variable, but increased.  Precautions sound.  We will recycle our strength at Hyperiox,+  his posture alters into what a flesh-mortal may have deemed sentimental.  +Origin Locus.+

The APC stops abruptly and the Rangers step out, to join another cohort of Skitarii.  Oddly for the Mechanicum, there is little unity here, some in service to petty lordlings, others from a cabal of technocrats serving another institution.  They all sport signs of combat however, even the serfs who clutch tank-track wrenches some three feet in length, bloodied and scraped where they have felled heretics and intruders alike.

One thing is certain.  Magellan was a hardy world before you came here - and it will be even more so after you leave.

+Attend,+ the Magos waves to you, and you all join the procession into the space port, the long column of refugees being overseen by a large, cloaked, Black Knight, and a human in power armour that casts his eye over everything like he possesses it.

• TechCaptain likes this

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts

Ollkyrax almost wants to roll his eyes when the interrogator mentions "Redemption". The things he has done just to get his hands on the parts for his invention, the deals struck and the deeds done... it adds up to a growing warp taint in his body. Ollkyrax estimates it won't be long before he receives the gift of mutation, assuming he can survive until then that it. He looks around himself for any useful objects or information in the room. Is there any sign of a coded message from Scairp? Are the electronic emitters close enough to his fingers for them to be tampered with somehow?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Petragor, I'll reply here for speed and continuity.  You are obviously hooked up to some kind of generator, where and what is unknown at this time, but a Tech-use test may yield something.  More DoS = more specifics.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts

OOC

Tech-use:
Int 37+10 Tech-use=47
1d100=92, 5 DoF

I won't use an Infamy re-roll on this, unless the DoF cause something bad to happen?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Petragor: No, to my mind there was no penalty to failure as you were "dipping your toe into the water" so to speak.  There isn't much more in the room than dark grey tiles, a very irritating overhead lamp, and the drain, connected to four narrow gauge trough sluices.  You may try again, gaining a bonus to your test if take a half-action to concentrate.

The only thing against you is time.

Petragor

Petragor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts

OOC

Tech-use:
Int 37,+10 Tech-use, +10 concentrate=57
1d100=03, 6 DoS
Much better!

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Ollkyrax:

Your implants and cogitation connections latch onto the flow of power coming into your body and ride it back, becoming aware of a comptroller, a regulatory device that has limited cognition function.  The device Crane was using is connected to this, and as you mentally root through the operating system, realise that you can alter the wattage output.

More valuable than this however, is that the regulator is connected to other systems, picter monitoring, alarm and security protocols, manned by servitors.

After being rebuffed the first time, it also appears you have made a sympathetic connection with the system.

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 17 April 2021 - 12:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Crusade, Heresy, PBP, FFG, Renegades, DTTFE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users