BT 2000 pts Primaris Swiss Army Knife

BUKOWSKI

Hey everyone! I'm new to Black Templars and trying to think out a 2000 pts list before I go spend the money on all the models. I want to stick mostly to Primaris stuff, meaning I probably won't be running any Crusader squads. However, I do obviously want to lean into the close combat that the Templars are known for/good at while maintaining some utility. I decided to totally forgo Assault Intercessors/other troops (hence the Vanguard detachment) just because I feel that there are so many other options in Space Marines that outperform them. If someone can convince me otherwise, I'd be happy to include them, though! So, without further ado, here is the list:

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [100 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Gametype

+ Stratagems +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [7 PL, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 6. Oath of Glory, Ancient Breviary, Chapter Command:  Master of Sanctity, Frontline Commander, Litany of Hate, Warlord

Primaris Chapter Master [7 PL, -1CP, 130pts]: Chapter Command:  Chapter Master, Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter
. Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 270pts]: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Primaris Apothecary [5 PL, -1CP, 95pts]: Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Crusader's Helm

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: Jump Pack
. Vanguard Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Vanguard Veteran: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Vanguard Veteran: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad [6 PL, 165pts]
. Attack Bike: Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [14 PL, 225pts]: Melta rifle
. 4x Eradicator: 4x Bolt pistol
. Eradicator Sgt

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [7 PL, 130pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Shield Dome

++ Total: [100 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The general thought in terms of piloting is the Bladeguard and Apothecary will ride around in the Impulsor causing mid-board headaches, while the Attack Bikes, Vanguard Vets, and vroom Chaplain will try to wreak havoc up the board and break up any castling I run into (I play vs. a lot of AdMech and Necrons). The Dreadnoughts will provide oppressive overlapping fields of fire to further discourage castling and maintain presence "horizontally". Eradicators will go where they're needed and ping any high-value/armour targets. Lastly, the Aggressors will probably always be combat-sqaud'd to avoid blast and maintain backfield objectives with ObSec from the Chapter Master. Overall, I think maxing out the Vanguard Vets and Aggressors gives me some good utility for combat squading, and there is a good mix of shooting and melee that can deal with most threats.

All that said, if anyone has any suggestions to move this in a more efficient direction, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

I like it. Everywhere in the list I look, it's nasty and killy. Only thing you might struggle against is hordes of Obsec but you can probably just kill it. Diversifying your melta threat is a good touch.

I would say the Vanvets present a juicy target, have you considered the Clawbros running with one claw and one shield each? Massively ups the survivability of the unit if they're all rocking 2+/4++, and with the amount of killy in that unit, anything that needs those 7 extra attacks to kill is going to require coordination from other elements of the army anyway. But having them survive longer means they can kill more!

I like it. Everywhere in the list I look, it's nasty and killy. Only thing you might struggle against is hordes of Obsec but you can probably just kill it. Diversifying your melta threat is a good touch.

I would say the Vanvets present a juicy target, have you considered the Clawbros running with one claw and one shield each? Massively ups the survivability of the unit if they're all rocking 2+/4++, and with the amount of killy in that unit, anything that needs those 7 extra attacks to kill is going to require coordination from other elements of the army anyway. But having them survive longer means they can kill more!

Thanks!! That is actually a really good point, I kinda got tunnel-vision on just squeezing out as many dice as possible from those guys lol. But yeah, the extra storm shields would make them a lot beefier.