Penitent (spoilers for the book) And possibilities for next

So clearly marked above but obviously: spoilers big time for the book Penitent by Dan Abnett.

Holy moly so Valdor confirmed as the king in yellow and has an entire pocket dimension busy fighting forces of the immatirium with the aid of clones!

Like holy heck we now also have a source for where some of the old retired Custodes end up too!

I can't contain my excitement for the next dex and at least models that can be based around the story.

First: cloned marine (blood angels with actual wings like sanguinis. Holy crap.

Second: blanks that are also containers for....warp spirits? Void monsters? I don't fully get what the composition of the greals is but essentially deamon hosts but able to physically depart their living blank host?

Such potential for models there. Inquisition trained blanks and a possible psychic phase where they send their graels out to hunt??

I am so hyped I am sure I will be disappointed but dang he could really release some amazing new kits for talons without it being just MORE gold boys.

Does the action around Blanks involve the SoS?

I know that SoS aren't the only Blanks out there, but they are a faction composed entirely of Blanks. So if we get new Blank units, I really want them to be connected to the SoS, who I always hoped would become playable as a stand alone faction. I'm not talking a full blown army with a full range- they just need a generic HQ, troops, and a more unique vehicle. Since they've got Rhinos already, maybe a Razorback with a Psycannon Turret?

If they release Space Marine blanks, I'm going to punch James Workshop in the face.

(Just kidding- violence is never the answer) 

Unfun, joy-killing reply, because it's best to temper expectations:

It's much too early to take any kind of meaning from the events of the Bequin series, not only do we not know for sure that it's ACTUALLY Valdor (though it probably is), we know there's a third book still to come, and the series is set centuries before the current time period of 40k, so as far as we know for now, absolutely nothing comes from it.

It's not even out of question that it's simply a daemon living inside Valdor's dead body. We've only heard the name, and not encountered him or any actual Custodians (yet).

We also don't know that any of the retired Custodians end up with Valdor. We don't see any in the book, so that's just an assumption. We also don't know what exactly those Blood Angels ARE, so it's too early to assume they're clones or something. It might be connected to the black rage left without the release of death, mutating the marine.

I don't like being a kill-joy, but I think it's best to actually wait and see what happens with the series before getting excited about any real lore or game consequences! :)

Does the action around Blanks involve the SoS?

As far as we can tell, it's completely unrelated to the Sisters of Silence. The blanks in the book would have no link or possibility of being pulled into SoS rules. Edited by Darkwrath121

No sos involvement that we have seen. The blanks are trained in a completely different fashion than the SoS and in fact have a method of hiding their soul-less-ness.

Sos can still be front line brawlers standing beside Custodes.

The greals would be a whole new unit (possibly).

Fragile but deadly.

Im hoping book 3 will cover more of the Sisters background tbh though they dont pop up in Penitent and likely wont in Pandemonium either themselves. They have a mysterious and probably false origin story currently but something that was tossed around a lot in their original Visions era release was cloning, given how extremely similar they all looked in the art of the time and how rare blanks were (and halved again for being all female). 

And now we have Valdor (Who surely knows nearly most the Emperors dirty secrets) with an army of cloned blanks? Not a coincidence i feel, especially as this is something hard to do reliably i seem to recall.

Blank space marines are fortunately impossible according to Inferno ThePenitentOne if that helps ;)