Loyalist Legions Book

Taliesin

I am very interested in this one, they say it contains more lore than ever and a roundup of all the legions with extra background would be really nice. I am posting this now because I suspect it will be announced this Sunday as going up for pre-order next week, alongside Siege of Terra: Mortis which is coming out that day. Love the cover btw, that warmaster is looking beastly!

It’s packed with all of the rules and background for 16 Loyalist Titan Legions and 12 Loyalist Knight Households.

So I am gonna take a guess and assume no separate narratives or battleplans in this since its covering 28 factions and these books normally come in around the 100 page mark ( bigger would be much appreciated). Most curious to see how much background there is for each legion, a photo page with 2 pages of background would be ideal for me.

WLJLyuW0t8V6Sp2T.jpg

Edited by Taliesin

Hoping for:

1. Significantly more background for the actual Titan Legions, which has been comically lacking at times (remind me again why Knight Houses get more lore than Titan Legions in Adeptus Titanicus?)
  2. More colour plates, which have been inconsistent with some Legions getting 1 and others getting 3+
  3. Rules tweaks (not a great many of these needed, but some changes to some of the more obviously horrible choices would be nice)

I'm going to keep my expectations low and just assume that they're throwing everything into a single book. Anything more than that will be a pleasant surprise.

Definitely agree the Titan legions background has been very sparse and thats whats disappointed me in these supplements so far.

Hard to understand as well as that seems to be essential. So I am taking their " this has more lore than ever" line and assuming that has now been properly filled out.

Given the total number of Legios to cover, plus Warmaster rules, plus scenarios, plus some background narrative, I'm not expecting much in the way of expanded material - much more likely revised and corrected.

I'd love to be wrong, but just not seeing enough pages to do more.

Yeah id rather see more stuff in books tbh, apparently they feel they cant Errata cards past outright printing errors and its hurting the game, in little ways now but the Acastus shows the potential, especially combined with FW's attitude to FAQs :/ 

Mortis had an Ordo Sinister Reaver, so if the Psi-Titan rules are expanded in any way they may account for that. Certainly the Psi-Titan kit seems to have sold well enough that another class of Psi-Titan might seem like a sound investment to produce.

I'm very excited that this book is 176 pages. That's not a guarantee of the content I crave yet, but it now seems way more likely that we'll see expanded background and lots of color plates for each Titan Legion.

Mortis had an Ordo Sinister Reaver, so if the Psi-Titan rules are expanded in any way they may account for that. Certainly the Psi-Titan kit seems to have sold well enough that another class of Psi-Titan might seem like a sound investment to produce.

Now that’s interesting! Personally I always hoped that the psy-titan rules would expand to an upgrade for any class, with the sinister acting almost like a titan of legend. Gothic had a similar upgrade mechanic for demon ships, and it’s how I imagine they would handle corrupt titans... I guess we will see in about two weeks

Edited by The boater

The book looks great. Very happy that it and the Warmaster are finally on their way.

The maniple box is fantastic. It’s even better than the old battlegroup as it’s the same plus a bonus warbringer. That and the starter will give people an excellent force.

Tempting though it is, I think I’ll try not to buy a the box though. The loyalist book and a couple of warmasters will do very nicely.