Loyalist Legions Book

Taliesin

Yes that's a possibility. There are some obvious candidates for point changes. The warhound VMB and Warlord missiles should probably cost more, for example, and the inferno cannon and probably some of the lasers should cost less.

If it's not points changes it's not clear what the purpose of that section is, given how short it is. I suppose there could be room for a table with all of the characteristics of each weapon on, which would actually be a useful reference sheet, so it could be that I suppose.

Yes that's a possibility. There are some obvious candidates for point changes. The warhound VMB and Warlord missiles should probably cost more, for example, and the inferno cannon and probably some of the lasers should cost less.

If it's not points changes it's not clear what the purpose of that section is, given how short it is. I suppose there could be room for a table with all of the characteristics of each weapon on, which would actually be a useful reference sheet, so it could be that I suppose.

I am hoping they’ll take the opportunity to sort out some of the points, including the changes you mentioned, but even if not, this might be a useful way of mitigating against the risk of lack of available stock of weapon cards stopping people playing the game. Plus, if you’re including Ursus Claws, the new Volkite weapons(?) and so on, it kinda makes sense to have a summary list of them all, so this is your one stop shop for army building.

Losing activations in the combat phase isn't ever really a problem. It's a good thing, usually, to activate sooner. It lets you kill enemy units before they fire and have your own units attack before they are killed. All good. The movement phase is different, of course.

Yeah I'm thinking that for the movement phase, it'll only really be helpful if you know you can bring down an engine before it gets to activate. The idea I have in my head is one titan charges then uses this rule to have a first fire titan finish it off. It'd work with with a double charge or two first fire orders. Of course you'd telegraph the move a bit in the orders phase, but if they don't have something to stop your orders, it wouldn't matter. Definitely great in the combat phase

Edit: Gattopardo, you beat me to it

Interesting. On reflection there are probably loads of cases where this might be good in the movement phase. Maybe you need to move a warhound out of the way for one of your own titans to charge or get two titans out of range of an enemy clawlord.

It’s basically an ability that opens up lots of options. Very cool.

Review from Sprues & Brews

Review from Goonhammer

Interesting changes:

• Few minor tweaks for some Legios, particularly Atarus
  • Vox Blackout is 3CP instead of 1 (THANK GOD)
  • Lupercal Maniple no longer makes coordinated strikes at +2 to armour rolls
  • Titan Upgrades available to all Titans. These sound like a ton of fun, and some are very powerful

But most importantly of all, fellow addicts...

One thing that has been changed for each of these however is the lore, we now get a meaty couple of pages for each Legio and Household detailing their history, their famous battles and even a breakdown of what their current material strength is.
Edited by Marshal Loss

I am so happy about Fortidus getting the update to include warbringers! Mine is one probably the best killer in my group, and being able to slot him in anywhere will be really fun. I wanna throw him in a Corsair, haha.

Even better that I can take tracking gyroscopes now. I’m really excited about all of this, haha

Review from Sprues & Brews

Review from Goonhammer

Interesting changes:

• Few minor tweaks for some Legios, particularly Atarus
  • Vox Blackout is 3CP instead of 1 (THANK GOD)
  • Lupercal Maniple no longer makes coordinated strikes at +2 to armour rolls
  • Titan Upgrades available to all Titans. These sound like a ton of fun, and some are very powerful

But most importantly of all, fellow addicts...

One thing that has been changed for each of these however is the lore, we now get a meaty couple of pages for each Legio and Household detailing their history, their famous battles and even a breakdown of what their current material strength is.

Love it.

And love seeing the Warmaster artwork from the previews.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzWmh1-rwhE

I watched GMG’s video review. The three big notes for me: there’s an Ignatum Warmaster that looks absolutely amazing

There’s at least a page of background for each titan legion (though I’m a little peeved that they put the titan blueprints interspersed through the legio’s... so some don’t get their full 6 pages)

And lastly he read one of the loyalist upgrades (null something) that gave the smallest snippet of how corrupt Titans work. Sounds like corrupt Titans will take “additional mutations” as upgrades to the titan itself.

Cool stuff

These look like excellent changes overall. As goonhammer point out, the addition of vortex missions is a bit out there, but it's an opportunity to make a cool new missile to go on my warp missile racks... which I might even paint up now.

It's interesting that they're allowing everyone to buy tracking gyros for Warlords too. 25 points is probably reasonable for these. It's an excellent upgrade but not an auto-take at that price.

I'm very happy about the nerfs to the too-powerful strats. They have particularly gone after the ones that keep people from moving around, and I think that's a great approach.

So overall I'm very happy with this book and looking forward to getting hold of mine.

I worry about all the small pieces. are these a pain to build?

Only the void shield generators are particularly stressful, and they are just one step. Everything else is just building a model kit as always :) 

Only the void shield generators are particularly stressful, and they are just one step. Everything else is just building a model kit as always :smile.:

I lost a void shield generator for a Reaver, tiny pieces are a pain.

I keep mine on the sprue until the moment of gluing. They're too precious!

Me too

Only the void shield generators are particularly stressful, and they are just one step. Everything else is just building a model kit as always :smile.:

I lost a void shield generator for a Reaver, tiny pieces are a pain.

and when clipping them off from the sprue, using a box to prevent them from flying far away can help. Trust me ...

It's referenced in a few of the Material Strength sections. Though, the Jackal was just a title for the Lucius-pattern Warhound, so it may just be a nod to that good ol' kit.

It could be cool if they spun it into a new class or gave us Lucius-pattern upgrades somehow but I wouldn't get my hopes up in the short term.

There are also a ton of references to the Rapier scattered about, and some to the Carnivore and Nightgaunt again. To be fair, some of these are ripped straight from the black books where they had already made these references before.

Also worth mentioning, the Warmaster's armpit PBG profile in the weapons section does have a +1 at long instead of a -1.

The Inferno Gun profile that definitely bore an error in the initial Warmaster stats preview is fixed here, so I guess the PBG range modifier should be understood as intentional.

(The Warhound's PBG is still -1 at long though)

edit: I cannot recommend the Defensor background section enough! A little twisted, and I love their homeworld's Lite-Brite moons. I'm already stretched way thin on projects but I really wish I had the space to pick these guys up. Maybe some day...

Osedax's is pretty great, too.

Edited by LetsYouDown