2k Pure Wych Cult

jgascoine011

I have always loved the idea of a pure wych cult list, the models i think are amazing, and the theame of gladiator fighting is super cool.

While i dont think pure wych cult is the most competitve, i do think that what I have tried to do is semi competitve while also being super fun, and tried not to be super spammy, which i feel dark eldar can be alot of the time.

Any ideas would be great.

The list is 3 patrols, 2 custom, and the other being cult of strife.

Patrol 1: Precise Killers & Art of Pain

This gives you advance and charge, and then +1 to hit in combat from turn 2

HQ

Succubus (Not the Warlord)

- WLT: Quicksilver Fighter

- Relic: Triptych Whip

- Drug: +1A

Standard loadout as it seems, 12A that hit and wound on 2s

Troops

2 x 10 Wyches

- Shardnet

- Blast Pistol

- Drug: +1S or +1T

I am undecided what drug to actually take. While the +1S is better for killing, it can actually be too good, as you can kill whatever your in combat with, leaving you girls standing out in the open. I do think the +1S is better though.

Transport

2 Raiders

- Dark Lance

Fast Attack

2 x 9 Reavers

- 3 Heat Lance's

- 3 Grav Loci

- Drug: Probably either the +1T or +1BS. I think if the opponent is taking lots of tanks then i would go +1 BS, and if its more a mixed army then +1T.

The Grav loci are pretty terrible but i have just got them in to make up points, and 30 pts could be probably better spent elsewhere.

Patrol 2: Precise Killers & Art of Pain

Succubus (Not the Warlord)

Troops

2 x 10 Wyches

- Shardnet

- Blast Pistol

- Drug: +1S or +1T

Transport

2 Raiders

- Dark Lance

Patrol 3: Cult of Strife

Master Succubus (Warlord)

- WLT: Precision Blow

- Relic: Dark Lotus with Razor Flail

Puts14 S4 attacks that on a 6 to hit does 2MW. Really just hoping to get lucky with her to try take out high armour characters. Instead of precision blow could take executioner for re-roll to wound

Troops

10 Blood Brides

- Razor Flail

- Morvaine Agoniser 

Transport

Raider

- Dark Lance

Fast Attack

20 Hellions

- Drug: Either +1A or +1S, but i would actually be tempted to roll for them as everything is decent on them, especially with Hyperstimm

These would probably be put in the webway and deepstrike in turn 2, pump put 40 poision shots and go for a 8" charge, then from turn 3 they would go flyby attacks against things like deathsroud terminators etc.

This right now is assuming the points for the reavers is wrong as if they are actually what they say in the codex then i would have 180pts spare, and would drop the grav loci and maybe the blase pistols to take a beast master with razor wing flocks for some cheap screans.  The only issue is that i would like to take 3 units of 4 or 5 but because these are patrols i would need 2 beast masters.

The list has decent anti-tank with 5 dark lances, 6 heat lances, and 4 blast pistols, half decent medium shooting with 88 posion splinter shots (not including splinter pistols), the ability to put out a bunch of mortal wounds, and very good movement and combat. It is however, about as tough as a piece of wet tissue paper 

Edited by jgascoine011

Creative use of Dark Lotus.  I love those Stryfe Relics.  DE are sorely lacking in variety and competition.  Bear in mind that Prey on the Weak makes a great candidate for that Succubus, especially if the unit is below half strength.

Maybe consider upgrading one of the Succubus to a Master Succubus, if only for that improved consolidation move.  Cult of Stryfe is the best option there, as you can move into other units and choose to attack first during the opponent's turn.

I'm a little surprised you didn't upgrade any Raiders to have Shock Prow.  That's a really nasty strat.  Maybe Chain Snares?

The other thing to remember, nay, insist on, is that Combat Drugs are chosen before the battle begins.  You don't have to commit in building the list.  Use whatever works best for you.  Generally, it will be Strength over Attacks.  But, there's obviously no need for S5 against T3, etc.

Sorry the cult of strife succubus is a master succubus.

Yea the lack of variety for cults, especially in WLT and relics is painful, thats really why i wanted the cult of strife detachment just to give some variety.

As for shock prow, if it was just an ability then i would probably take them. The fact I have to pay points, and then a CP for really not that much, i just cant see myself ever spending the CP tbh. If taking inccubi (which i think 30 of them is the far more competitve list)  then i would definetly take the trophies, but to just drop moral for combat attrention tests is again not worth it IMO. However i completley forgot about chain snares. I could drop the grav loci (which i think are terrible) and put chain snares on all the raiders, and have 5 points spare for maybe a blast pistol on the blood brides, or have 1 raider with chain snares and a shock prow

• 2 weeks later...