Changing Chaos Marks in Crusade

Kythnos

Fellow frater,

I have a question regarding chaos marks in a crusade campaign that I am playing in. Generally, chaos marks need to be selected when a unit is added to a crusade roster.

However, the CSM codex features a stratagem that lets a unit that does not yet have a mark to select one for 1 CP at the start of any turn (Beseech the Dark Gods). Would this change the crusade card for that unit as well, e.g. non-marked to Tzeentch?

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

I'd say anything that changes a unit's details during the game only applies for the duration of that game.

After the game you revert to the unit as it is in the Command Roster and apply any results if injuries or experience.

Rik

If it happens once the game has begun (which this effect does), it only lasts for the game.

If the effect happens before the game, you have to pay a Requisition point to use the strat, but doing so makes the effect permanent. Strats that mimic a Requisition effect cannot be used this way; if you wish to achieve this effect, you just use the Requisition. So you wouldn't pay RP to use the strat that allows you to give a Warlord trait to a character who is not your warlord- you would just buy the warlord trait itself with RP.

I don't have the dex to hand, so I can't give you an example of one of the Pre-game strats that becomes permanent, but each dex usually has one or two like this.

Thank you both, I expected as much.

Sadly, the old CSM codex does not feature a pre-game stratagem that falls under the definitions outlined in crusade. Beseech the Dark Gods is as close as it gets :-/