Veteran Assault Intercessors (viable?)

Helias_Tancred

So I had half a box of primaris assault intercessors left over, and decided what the heck, I'll make a squad of veterans. If anything they will look really cool and be fun to paint. Sure enough with all the BA bits I have they look cool but .....

I'm wondering if they would be worth using? Lately I've been using 3 five man squads of assault intercessors as my troops, and I've been happy with them .... I'm thinking against weaker high infantry armies this unit might be useful?

Thoughts on veteran assault intercessors?

I 'm not sold with this unit, too few options.

For 3 points more than assault intercessors you get 1 extra attack but lose obsec, troops choice and stratagem Honor the chapter (or something like that), because they are elites.

If you are going to lose these, you might as well pay not 3 but 5 points more than assault intercessors, and the DC assault intercessor will give you +1A, Black rage and tons of black badassery!

Spyros, have you actually played dc assult intersessors at all? Are they worth playing? I got a squad of ass. intersessors I need to paint, and I'd really like to paint them black, but I hate painting a unit that just sits on a shelf cause it can't pull it's weight on the table.

Spyros, have you actually played dc assult intersessors at all? Are they worth playing? I got a squad of ass. intersessors I need to paint, and I'd really like to paint them black, but I hate painting a unit that just sits on a shelf cause it can't pull it's weight on the table.

My Death Company Intercessors (built on the assault intercessor models) are always targeted #1 or #2 in my games. Its a challenge to get them to point B to do what they are designed to do.

Edited by Helias Tancred