Help designing WEs Isstvan II list/collection

Let me know if this is in the wrong section because it is not an army list per say.. I'm looking for feedback on designing a list which will also dictate the next purchases for my collection.

I have a decent sized World Eaters army in various stages of painting and modelling. I want to build a 2500-3500 sized list that reflects the point of Isstvan III when Angron decideds to "leeerooyyy jjjenkinnnsss" his way down to the plants surface to do angry-ron things. 

I'm not sure which airframe he would have departed to the surface in, but I imagined it was in his own Storm Eagle. Thus Angron and a Storm Eagle were at minimum additional units I was planning on adding. Right now in my collection, I have

HQ: 
Khârn
Gahlan Surlak
legion apothecary w/jump pack

Elites:
x10 Cataphractii
Contemptor Mortis (dual kheres)
1x10 Vet squad

Troops:
1x20 Inductii
4x10 Tactical Squad
1x10 TSS (Plasma)
1x15 Assault Squad

Heavy:
x2 Vindicator
x1 Rapier Quad Mortar

Spartan Assault Tank

DT:
Rhino

Flyer:
Primaris Lightning Fighter

In addition to Angron and the Storm Eagle I'd like to add a Leviathan and a Dreadnought Drop Pod, a few more assault marines (holding out for return of MkII) and probably an additional Rhino. Any other units I should consider for having an effective list? Also, while it isn't as thematic, would it be better to just get a 2nd Spartan for Angron to roll around in instead of the Storm Eagle? 

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire

There's a thread about assault rams vs Spartans in the tactica section. You can pretty much exchange assault ram for storm eagle really to get an idea about the benefits/disadvantages of the spartan vs flier - tho the storm eagle is always worse than the ram imo.

Couple of things here for me:

Quad mortars are elites. Not really a massive difference but worth noting.

10 Cataphractii are probably overkill, especially if they're in a unit with Khârn.

10 plasma is somewhat the same logic, they'll really delete something, but so will 7 for less points!

Doesn't Surlak come to prominence after the Istivaan massacres? He's about, but not dialing it up to 11 at that point.

There's a thread about assault rams vs Spartans in the tactica section. You can pretty much exchange assault ram for storm eagle really to get an idea about the benefits/disadvantages of the spartan vs flier - tho the storm eagle is always worse than the ram imo.

Couple of things here for me:

Quad mortars are elites. Not really a massive difference but worth noting.

10 Cataphractii are probably overkill, especially if they're in a unit with Khârn.

10 plasma is somewhat the same logic, they'll really delete something, but so will 7 for less points!

Doesn't Surlak come to prominence after the Istivaan massacres? He's about, but not dialing it up to 11 at that point.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've been heavily distracted by 40k stuffs and have neglected all my HH stuffs, fluff included it seems =P

Those aren't necessarily all the units I plan on including in the list. Just the number of models and unit types I have in my WE collection

Surlak is definitely fine to take normally at the time of Istvaan III, he developed the marine butcher's nails after all. It's just that other WE apothecaries don't also get his fancy buffs til games set later in the Heresy. Surlak himself was just as dialled to 11, it's his fellow apothecaries that followed later.

Edited by Darkwrath121