New DA FAQ up

Skywrath

I had been wondering about the Repulsor vs Repulsor Executioner for Rites of Initiation. Both are costly but in a Deathwing army it seems sensible you might want to only transport six models—a squad of Bladeguard Veterans plus a Lt and/or an Ancient.

a squad of Bladeguard Veterans plus a Lt and/or an Ancient.

It's a tough call between the Lt and the Ancient. The +1 to-Hit from the ancient is statistically stronger than rerolling 1s to wound. But the BG Ancient (and the regular Primaris Ancient) are very weak in combat have no melee weapons or protection. The Lt on the other hand packs a decent punch on his own. Plus your BGVs get +1 to Hit simply by standing still so I lean in favour of the Lt.

a squad of Bladeguard Veterans plus a Lt and/or an Ancient.

It's a tough call between the Lt and the Ancient. The +1 to-Hit from the ancient is statistically stronger than rerolling 1s to wound. But the BG Ancient (and the regular Primaris Ancient) are very weak in combat have no melee weapons or protection. The Lt on the other hand packs a decent punch on his own. Plus your BGVs get +1 to Hit simply by standing still so I lean in favour of the Lt.

Don't forget the Ancient can also take the relic that gives -1 damage