9th Edition - Share your wishes.

This is TOTAL Wish-listing, but this would be cool

Personally I would love to see a combined "Talons of the Emperor Codex" 

included would be

- Astra Telepathica/Sisters of Silence 

- Assassins 

- Custodes

Similar to the Dark Eldar you could have individual Detachments for the above, or a combined "Talons detachment" possibilities. 

SOS - 

It would be nice to see an HQ for SoS, +/- the inclusion of Navigators into faction (would be an easy addition for single model that could add a lot) 

- obviously an Oblivion Knight/some other basic HQ would be cool

- Seperating Valerian and Aleya's Datasheets to make them more attractive to take separately

Custodes - 

- would be cool to see a new character, perhaps the Lockwarden.

I don't want to see Valdor yet, I reckon a big event reveal that actually 'moves the story' would be cooler for him. 

- alternatively/additionally a 3-model multi-part box of 'Companions' in a similar style of box to the Thousand Sons Sorcerers would be epic. I envision a trio of character style models with options for Solerite Talons/Fists or some better spear (similar stylistically to Valdors though not as epic)

- a revamp to Spears to make them worth taking, perhaps better single target damage, vs Axes being better in group/horde setting? 

- An Archeopter/Low Altitude Flyer that the Custodes would use for fast-transport on Terra could be cool also

Assassins - 

- would like to see the Culexus damage output be a bit better, its kind of mediocre at the moment which is unfortunate 

- It would be cool to see a Venenum Assassin but that is I think well beyond the realms of possibility 

I think that merging the various forces is probably the best way forward for them, but I'm not sure how high in the sky that wish may be... I'd love for a decent Inquisition book but that one might be more into space :confused:

I like custodes for custodes, not all the regular humans :(

It's like being a thousand sons fan and getting more goats.

Gimme spear+shield guard, more stratagems, rebalance the stats so we don't look soft next to DG and FW terminators and an apothecary, please and thank you.

PS: resin sucks please make it all plastic?

Inquisition.

I want "roll your own Inquisitor" rules. I want Inquisition-centered rules for adding different Imperial forces to an Inquisitor's retinue without losing "monofaction" benefits, or with comparable Inquisition-specific benefits.

I want the same for Rogue Traders, too.

Edited by RandyB

• 2 weeks later...

For the Inquisition and the Militarum Tempestus. I want a Militarum Tempestus regiment called Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. This would replace the <Tempestus Regiment> keyword with <Ordo>. 

Which won't be the most powerful Militarum Tempestus regiment, that'd probably still be Lions. However, it would open up some interesting avenues. Such as:

- Militarum Tempestus units would benefit from the Quarry ability. 

- Militarum Tempestus units can now benefit from the Psychic Pursuit or Psychic Veil powers.

- Inquisitor Coteaz could then trigger Spy Network on Scions. 

- If you take any Jokaero Weaponsmiths they could now buff Scions. This would probably be the biggest buff out of all of them.

Edited by jarms48

I think a Talons dex would be awesome. Here's what I would like from it:

More units in plastic for Custodes; I don't play Custodes, and I'm not familiar enough with them to know what they need, but their range is small, and they need attention. More plastic units for SoS- these must minimally include an HQ choice and a Troops Choice. That's bare minimum- I'd like them to have unit for every battlefield role, but HQ and Troops would at least allow them to build a detachment that refunds CP (Patrol, Battalion, Brigade), as opposed to the Null Maiden Vanguard, which does not refund CP.

And here is the key: Talons ALLOWS AC + SoS to fight together in mixed detachments, but does not REQUIRE them to do so.

As for Assassins, they need to go in an Imperial Agents dex with Inquisitors and Rogue Traders. This dex also needs to bring back all the henchmen from the Witch Hunter/ Daemon Hunter dexes. The suggestion about dedicated Inquisitorial Storm Troopers is excellent... Especially if they troops are troops, because again, this crap about us not getting our CP refunded because we can't build patrols, battalions or brigades is... Well, crap.

I would also like the Chamber Militant concept to be revived- like for example, an Inquisitor can bestow Quarry upon a unit from their chamber militant via strat or aura.

More units in plastic for Custodes; I don't play Custodes, and I'm not familiar enough with them to know what they need, but their range is small, and they need attention. More plastic units for SoS- these must minimally include an HQ choice and a Troops Choice. That's bare minimum- I'd like them to have unit for every battlefield role, but HQ and Troops would at least allow them to build a detachment that refunds CP (Patrol, Battalion, Brigade), as opposed to the Null Maiden Vanguard, which does not refund CP.

And here is the key: Talons ALLOWS AC + SoS to fight together in mixed detachments, but does not REQUIRE them to do so.

I don't know that much about the Sisters of Silence lore too be honest. Though I do see they have the Astra Telepathica keyword. That could mean a quick way to give them some extra datasheets could be adding Primaris Psykers, Aradia Madellan, Astropaths, and Wyrdvane Psykers.

Obviously they need more of their own units of course, but as Sisters of Silence can't be targeted by psychic powers it puts these Astra Telepathica units in a unique position where you'd be using them for their mortal wound generation rather than buffing Astra Militarum units. Which sounds fun. Wyrdvane Psykers could even be made troop in a Sisters Of Silence/Astro Telepathica detachment. 

The same goes to Custodes, basically half their line is Forge World. They need more support from GW

As for Assassins, they need to go in an Imperial Agents dex with Inquisitors and Rogue Traders. This dex also needs to bring back all the henchmen from the Witch Hunter/ Daemon Hunter dexes. The suggestion about dedicated Inquisitorial Storm Troopers is excellent... Especially if they troops are troops, because again, this crap about us not getting our CP refunded because we can't build patrols, battalions or brigades is... Well, crap.

I would also like the Chamber Militant concept to be revived - like for example, an Inquisitor can bestow Quarry upon a unit from their chamber militant via strat or aura.

I never owned the Witch Hunter/Daemon Hunter codexes. Though I thought Crusaders in the Sisters and Guard codex was previously a henchmen type? The same goes to the Acolytes in the current Inquisition codex? As I said, I'm not sure though. 

I really want those Inquisitorial Storm Troopers to come back. It'd allow something different and very lore friendly army. 

As for the other chapter militants. I guess there's a couple ways you could do it.

Maybe add a Deathwatch stratagem to codex Inquisition. Something like if a Deathwatch detachment includes an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and that Inquisitor is your Warlord you may pay 3 CP and any Deathwatch unit gains the Ordo Xenos faction keyword.

A similar thing could be done for Ordo Malleus and Grey Knights. Then Ordo Hereticus and Adepta Sororitas. Ordo Minoris (and any future Ordos introduced) would be stuck with only Inquisitorial Storm Troopers as a chapter militant option. 

Edited by jarms48

*looks at his 60 half-painted Sisters of Silence*

I would like a real HQ, mono-SoS detachment rules, a troop option and maybe a bespoke transport like in 30k.

Please and thank you.

As for Inquisition...I like how Inquisitors work on their own right now and how easy they slot into Imperium armies. I never had much in terms of their retinues, but I suppose that would be an area to improve.

As for Assassins...weirdly enough they need to be deadlier. If a Vindicare can potentially fail to kill a single beefy character over multiple turns it's not good enough. The Eversor is great against chaff, but fails hard against any multi-woubd target, which feels weird for ab Assassin. The Calidus has great utility but I don't she ever killed anything for me. And the Culexus is fine in concept, but just needs to be deadlier against Psykers.

I don't know that much about the Sisters of Silence lore too be honest. Though I do see they have the Astra Telepathica keyword. That could mean a quick way to give them some extra datasheets could be adding Primaris Psykers, Aradia Madellan, Astropaths, and Wyrdvane Psykers.

Obviously they need more of their own units of course, but as Sisters of Silence can't be targeted by psychic powers it puts these Astra Telepathica units in a unique position where you'd be using them for their mortal wound generation rather than buffing Astra Militarum units. Which sounds fun. Wyrdvane Psykers could even be made troop in a Sisters Of Silence/Astro Telepathica detachment. 

The same goes to Custodes, basically half their line is Forge World. They need more support from GW

I never owned the Witch Hunter/Daemon Hunter codexes. Though I thought Crusaders in the Sisters and Guard codex was previously a henchmen type? The same goes to the Acolytes in the current Inquisition codex? As I said, I'm not sure though. 

I really want those Inquisitorial Storm Troopers to come back. It'd allow something different and very lore friendly army. 

As for the other chapter militants. I guess there's a couple ways you could do it.

Maybe add a Deathwatch stratagem to codex Inquisition. Something like if a Deathwatch detachment includes an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and that Inquisitor is your Warlord you may pay 3 CP and any Deathwatch unit gains the Ordo Xenos faction keyword.

A similar thing could be done for Ordo Malleus and Grey Knights. Then Ordo Hereticus and Adepta Sororitas. Ordo Minoris (and any future Ordos introduced) would be stuck with only Inquisitorial Storm Troopers as a chapter militant option. 

Yes, I would totally be okay with using Astra Telepathica units to round out an SoS force, and Wyrdvanes could serve as a troops choice in an SoS detachment; that's likely going to be my house rule solution if GW doesn't fix it themselves. Primaris Psykers ARE Astra Telepathica HQ's right now, so they could be slotted in to the existing framework- meaning we can currently field either a SoS Null Maiden Vanguard, with all the rules that entails, or we can add the Psyker and field it as a Telepathica Vanguard... Only problem is whether or not the SoS detachment abilities disappear when we do that; there are no Astra Telepathica detachment abilities as far as I know.

I like your suggestion on the Ordos as well. I'm away from home and my dexes, but I'd like to put together a list of all the Henchmen from the Hunter dexes which have been eliminated, and double check the wording on SoS abilities. Paying 3 CP to give a Chamber unit the <Ordo> keyword in addition too its current keyword for the duration of the game is cool; restricting it to a single unit could keep it from becoming too overpowered.

*looks at his 60 half-painted Sisters of Silence*

I would like a real HQ, mono-SoS detachment rules, a troop option and maybe a bespoke transport like in 30k.

Please and thank you.

As for Inquisition...I like how Inquisitors work on their own right now and how easy they slot into Imperium armies. I never had much in terms of their retinues, but I suppose that would be an area to improve.

As for Assassins...weirdly enough they need to be deadlier. If a Vindicare can potentially fail to kill a single beefy character over multiple turns it's not good enough. The Eversor is great against chaff, but fails hard against any multi-woubd target, which feels weird for ab Assassin. The Calidus has great utility but I don't she ever killed anything for me. And the Culexus is fine in concept, but just needs to be deadlier against Psykers.

I agree that the current Agents of the Imperium rules are great, and shouldn't change. The option to keep playing Inquisition the way we currently do should remain. This is consistent with the updates to the DE dex; they added better integration rules with the Realspace Raid keyword, but they didn't remove the previous multi-patrol rules.

The only problem with the rules as they are occurs when you want an Inquisition detachment.

I liked Jarms' idea above, but I also think that Chambers Militant could be a solution to the lack of battlefield roles for Inquisition detachments. We shall see...

If it was army wide for chapter militant then I guess it could also replace the doctrines. So, for example you can have 2 options:

- Regular Deathwatch detachment + Inquisitor. Basically what we can do now.

- Inquisition Detachment, Ordo Xenos, Inquisitor is the Warlord, pay 3 CP for the Ordo Xenos Chamber Militant stratagem. You may now take any units with the Deathwatch keyword. Deathwatch units taken in this way do not gain the Chapter Tactic or Combat Doctrines detachment abilities, instead they gain the Ordo Xenos keyword and detachment ability.

So using this example they lose out on Devastator, Tactical and Assault doctrines, as well as their own Xenos Hunters ability. They’d also lose out on taking a free Deathwatch warlord trait.

Sisters would be similar, must be Ordo Hereticus, Inquisitor must be the Warlord, pay 3 CP for the Ordo Hereticus Chapter Militant stratagem. Adepta Sororitas units lose the Sacred Rites detachment ability and instead they gain the Ordo Hereticus keyword and detachment ability.

Then lastly Grey Knights would lose Daemon Hunters and Masters of the Warp, instead getting the Ordo Malleus keyword and detachment rule.

Edited by jarms48

My dream is an Agents of the Imperium codex built in similar fashion to the Cities of Sigmar codex, where the options you take dramatically change the army you're using. For example (a rough concept):

HQ-

Inquisitor (unlocks Acolytes, Militant Elite (Inquisitorial Stormtroopers), and, based on ordo, a single "kill team")

Rogue Trader (unlocks Ambots, Militant Elite (Armsmen), and Delphis Lifter Armor)

InterrogatorMinor Inquisitor

EquitaryMinor Trader

Missionary (Cannot be warlord, unlocks archoflaggellants and penitent engines)

Elt-

*Archoflaggellants

*Acolytes2 wound elite "guardsmen" with varied weapon options and bodyguard (inquisitor) rules

*Daemonhosts (Locks ADEPTUS MINISTORUM options)

Crusaders

Death Cult Assassins

Officio Assassinorum Assassins

Rejuvenat AdeptMedic Analog

*AmbotsBullgryn analog

Tech-PriestEnginseer analoy (Unlocks servitors)

*Servitors

Psyker AlphusPrimaris Psyker analog, representing psychic agents of the inquisitor or navigators/astropaths of the rogue trader

Troops-

Agents MilitantRepresents armed crew or basic requisitions troops/recruits. A guardsman analog with shotguns, lasguns, and limited other options

*Militant EliteSpecial forces that must be unlocked. Keywords have them gain a few extra rules, but are based on tempestus stormtroopers

*Kill TeamSingle troops choice from Deathwatch, Grey Knights, and Sisters of Battle, chosen based on inquisitor's ordo keyword and gains said ordo keyword. No codex faction benefits that aren't cooked into the datasheet

Fast Attack-

-None Native-

Heavy Support-

*Penitent Engines

*Delphis Lifter ArmorThink dreadknight with less options, no guns, and less special rules

Flyer-

Valkyrie

Gun CutterValkyrie upgrade kit that dramatically upguns the model

Dedicated Transport-

Rhino

Chimera

Taurox

Taurox Prime

Mercenary/Requisitioned Forces: All of the above are native, with the appropriate keywords for their faction and the ability to work with the faction. Like genestealer cults, however, this army can pull from the Imperial Guard codex to represent hired or requisitioned forces. These forces do not gain the ORDO or HOUSEHOLD keywords (or any equivalent) and do not break the keywords of the existing codex either. These would only be basic options, representing the kind of forces almost any PDF would have on a typically imperial world. This fleshes out the army list options (including giving any fast attack in the form of sentinels and hellhounds) but would be inferior to pure IG because they do not gain regiment keywords, stratagems, etc.

That is more or less it; that is the dream.

I'm super fine with an imperial agents codex.

But I would rather it be completely separate from a talons dex.

They really were a full fighting force for the emperor at this point, and it would simply be enough to round out some more slots with plastic and add some modern strats and profiles for stodes while adding troops and hq for sisters and call it a day.

Codex imperial agents would be flipping awesome though

More units in plastic for Custodes; I don't play Custodes, and I'm not familiar enough with them to know what they need, but their range is small, and they need attention. More plastic units for SoS- these must minimally include an HQ choice and a Troops Choice. That's bare minimum- I'd like them to have unit for every battlefield role, but HQ and Troops would at least allow them to build a detachment that refunds CP (Patrol, Battalion, Brigade), as opposed to the Null Maiden Vanguard, which does not refund CP. [...]

The Custodes range is small but boy it packs punch both playwise, aesthetically and in flexibility; I don't think they need more kits as the four existing work very fine being dual and/or allowing for characters and that. What they could certainly get is a bit of an incentive to get the dreads and transports/tanks: to make them pointwise attractive enough, as they could be solid AT options if not for cost/efficiency. Regarding SoS, PA: WotS pointed at them being a "Custodes resource" which is fine (and they're considered good as objective campers).

The only kit the Custodes range really lack is the flyer. Although upgrade sprues for LR and dreads would be a boon, and if combined with a points revision they all would sell, I guess.

A Talons codex and an Agents codex would be ideal :) 

Id like Sisters of Silence to get a couple of units and an HQ so they can be run pure, they really dont integrate well with the rest of the Telepathica (Who id put in Agents tbh even if they share a keyword)  fluffwise.