Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle datasheet leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,294 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

So far, we have new datasheet leaks for the Exorcist and the Triumph.

Exorcist

Spoiler

-1S, -1T, -1W

+1LD

Lost a point of AP on both rockets

Conflagration rockets got +1D

Triumph

Spoiler

Apply some salt, as there are errors (e.g. the Exorcist sheet has the rocket images corresponding to the wrong stats).

Edited by Marshal Loss, 06 April 2021 - 07:45 PM.

• N1SB and Lord Nord like this

bRxSYDV.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,967 posts
Ah nice, so Sisters might be next? Cool need some Paragon Warsuits swords.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,170 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
If the exorcist is taking defensive statline nerfs that either means the price is dropping or its getting the ability to be buffed in the invul and save department.

The triumph loses 4 attacks but 4 were locked into the sword so it's probably the same.

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

If the exorcist is taking defensive statline nerfs that either means the price is dropping or its getting the ability to be buffed in the invul and save department.

The triumph loses 4 attacks but 4 were locked into the sword so it's probably the same.

I wonder if the Exorcist is gonna gain indirect fire, seeing as the thing is literally a VLS missile tank

• quasistellar likes this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts

Core stat line changes are to keep it in line with the marine rhino chassis variants

The rockets loosing AP feels like a bid to make the castigator's battle cannon a better prospect.

• Vanger and Dark Shepherd like this

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,103 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

So Sisters or Orks after Admech. 

These rule card leaks never tell the whole story, but I didn't like seeing all the drops on the exorcist.

Can't wait for the dex though.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,107 posts

These rule card leaks never tell the whole story, but I didn't like seeing all the drops on the exorcist.

My guess, admech april 17, sister may 1, Orks end of may
  • Sanctimonius and ThePenitentOne like this
banana

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,103 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Yeah, I can get behind that; Be'Lakor is likely to drop this month too, but he'll drop as an AoS release- maybe we'll get his 40k rules in WD until the Daemon dex comes?

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,107 posts

Yeah, I can get behind that; Be'Lakor is likely to drop this month too, but he'll drop as an AoS release- maybe we'll get his 40k rules in WD until the Daemon dex comes?

hes rumored to be in warzone rust part 2

banana

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,170 posts

Core stat line changes are to keep it in line with the marine rhino chassis variants

The way the vindicator and predator do?

Theres always been statline differences. The rhino and razorback were front av 11, the pred and vindi were 13. In 8th the rhino and razor had 10 wounds, the pred had 11 and the vindi additionally had t8.

Have the actual equivalents be equivalents.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 954 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

The drop in Toughness is very odd to me: its been T8 since it came out almost 20 years ago.

If this is true then I certainly hope that the Castigator will be T8.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts

I think it is safe to presume Sisters next after admech, sense didn't they preview the sister codex recently?

Also fairly safe bet that Orks are coming after that.

Which if Jan was suppose to be DA and Dark Eldar, Feb was Admech and Sisters. We are only 1 month behind where we would have been if they didn't slow down with the DG and DA codexs.

Leaves the question of else was suppose to come after Orks, Astra Mil? Rumored Black Templar Supplement?

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I wonder if the Exorcist is gonna gain indirect fire, seeing as the thing is literally a VLS missile tank

I was wondering about the same.
This would lessen the role conflict between the exorcist and the castigator.
  • Vanger likes this

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts

Theres always been statline differences. The rhino and razorback were front av 11, the pred and vindi were 13. In 8th the rhino and razor had 10 wounds, the pred had 11 and the vindi additionally had t8.

The equivalents are equivalent across the codices with this change. The whirlwind is S6, T7 W11 in the marine codex so it makes an annoying amount of sense that the exorcist would be brought in line with it.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,303 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

The drop in Toughness is very odd to me: its been T8 since it came out almost 20 years ago.

huh.png Vehicles didn't even have toughness stats until 8th Edition, which was four years ago...

• Black Blow Fly, Toxichobbit, Waking Dreamer and 1 other like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

Disappointing to see the Exorcist drop to T7, but that's thinking with the current codex rules. It'll be interesting to see what changes are made elsewhere, i'm sure it'll receive a buff in some other way, and maybe a points drop too!

• Dark Shepherd likes this
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,814 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Exorcist can still work, at least, as it's a dedicated ranged unit. It's a nerf for sure, but we don't know anything about how it will synergise with units in the next book.

3 years perhaps, not 20. I don't recall the front facing value prior, and I'm sure it was 13 like most other similar vehicles.

Edited by Ishagu, 07 April 2021 - 10:07 AM.

• Toxichobbit likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,303 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

I think it is safe to presume Sisters next after admech, sense didn't they preview the sister codex recently?

No, they haven't previewed / teased / leaked / announced any Codexes after AdMech. But I agree it is a safe bet, seeing as we've now had three new units revealed and the reboxing has already started.

I'm not expecting it until well in to May though. 

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_11417_13552.png gallery_84244_11417_5535.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,334 posts
T7 makes more sense to me
Whirlwind/Predator/Rhino/Razorback T7
Stalker/Hunter T8 as is Vidicator but its a siege tank

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 538 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

The Exorcist can still work, at least, as it's a dedicated ranged unit. It's a nerf for sure, but we don't know anything about how it will synergise with units in the next book.

3 years perhaps, not 20. I don't recall the front facing value prior, and I'm sure it was 13 like most other similar vehicles.

It was indeed front AV14, which is somewhat equivalent to T8. I think that's what Montford was referring to.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,814 posts
Ah fair enough. Lol I don't think I ever played against Sisters in 6th or 7th.

-~Ishagu~-

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,170 posts

The equivalents are equivalent across the codices with this change. The whirlwind is S6, T7 W11 in the marine codex so it makes an annoying amount of sense that the exorcist would be brought in line with it.

Its not equivalent to a whirlwind. Extremely high armour, non-blast weapon, higher strength, better ap. Different for decades.

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts

Its not equivalent to a whirlwind. Extremely high armour, non-blast weapon, higher strength, better ap. Different for decades.

Yeah your right. There are no similarities whatsoever.

150061_sm-.jpgbb1d8d6e8be4a7cb384a482dc3aa6780_enl.jpg

Dont let the historical rules mechanics get in the way of thematic intent. They are both large mobile rocket launchers based on the same in setting armoured chassis

• Prot, Xenith, Llagos_Tyrant and 1 other like this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 900 posts

Dont let the historical rules mechanics get in the way of thematic intent. They are both large mobile rocket launchers based on the same in setting armoured chassis

I guess that’s why Vindicators, Stalkers and Hunters are T8, right?

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,814 posts
Those do have extra armour plates in fairness...
  • Xenith, Slave to Darkness and quasistellar like this

-~Ishagu~-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users