New to Necromunda. Starting Palanites

Frostglaive

So I initially bought the Palanite Enforcers and Subjugators for use in a Wrath & Glory campaign... but now I'm thinking I'll actually give Necromunda a shot too.

As someone who has never played this game before, what do I need to know about playing the hive city cops?

I know to get the books and everything. A friend of mine is letting me borrow his.

I probably should've been more specific: What do you guys, as people who have actually played Necromunda, suggest? Advice, tips/tricks, wargear to use/stay away from when building my roster, tactics, etc. Teach me your ways, oh great veteran gangers.

Reading the rulebooks is obvious and all. But I learn a lot from other players as well.

I know to get the books and everything. A friend of mine is letting me borrow his.

I probably should've been more specific: What do you guys, as people who have actually played Necromunda, suggest? Advice, tips/tricks, wargear to use/stay away from when building my roster, tactics, etc. Teach me your ways, oh great veteran gangers.

Reading the rulebooks is obvious and all. But I learn a lot from other players as well.

The Enforcers are a gang that's an early-game powerhouse due to the free restocks of gangers, and also the fact that they can get bolters by default that are better than the standard.

The downside is they have a limited weapon/wargear roster, but they thankfully FAQ'd it that they can get stuff from the Trading Post to give them better chances once the campaign goes later and the normal gangs start getting "the Good Stuff". They can only have two Champions (Sergeants) at a time, period. Which is.... Problematic as a campaign goes on, as one can expect.

Goonhammer gives a good breakdown here about them.

Immediate thoughts:

1)Enforcers are great out of the box from a consumer standpoint, because all but one of their wargear options is available in the plastic kits (Shock Staves don't have a bit, but are pretty easy to convert from a shock baton- Just add some a thin plastic rod or even another shock baton to the bottom. No need to visit forgeworld, raid other kits, or kitbash a weapon that doesn't have an official bit.

2)That being said, if you play in a campaign, you'll probably want to look into "requisitioning" some plasmaguns and meltaguns from an Imperial Guard kit later on- Trying to take on Ambots and other brutes with Krak grenades as your only weapon above S4 will be... challenging.

3)Early on, make sure you have the necessary bodies to field a full patrol- You'll probably have to make due with a couple of dual stubgun patrolmen for a few missions until you can afford to load out everyone with boltguns, grenade launchers, and combat shotguns.

4)Make sure to check the FAQ; Enforcers got a number of important changes in it, like giving the heavy concussion gun and stun grenades blast, as well as the aforementioned access to the trading post.

Edited by Squark