Mechanicus Rumoured Datasheets for 9th edition Codex

Prot

Chapter Master Valrak just posted a video of the new AdMech releases.

Contents of the Combat Patrol are:

- Techpriest

- 10 Skitarii

- 3 Kataphron

- Onager Dunecrawler

Who had the correct guess? :D

Not exactly, but calling it with the imperium contents + Castellans was close ;)

Welcome Kahlek166, please pick up you complementary oil compendium, to the right of the sacred artefact(Toaster).

That is the problem, with the rule of three, right now you only need three. It is also one of the easier models I have ever put magnets in but we won't know until we get the codex if three is the max. The Onager once had the squadron rule where you could take three for each unit but that hasn't been a thing for a while but could change with the codex.

I just brought a Start Collecting so there really is only one unit I want in that set :(

Edited by Black_Knight

Gotta say, that many Hoplites would look amazing. I think specifically squadrons for Onagers would be really useful. It's not exactly a super elite unit so being able to use them in groups again would be great, especially with that rule it used to have for combining their energy shields together.

After thinking about that combat patrol box a bit more I suppose if they do indeed change the number of special weapons in our Skitarii squads it would be helpful to fill in any gaps the new rules create.

So...I'll skip the Combat Patrol. I already got 3 Onagers, I still have a spare box of Kataphron (in addition to lots already painted), and Skitarii in spades. As well as another TPE on sprue.

Certainly not bad for someone starting with AdMech, all useful stuff, but without newly released stuff not relevant for me.

And the dice...well, I got better ones. The old Apocalypse dice (25er cube, full 127er cube), the Killteam ones, some custom made...the new GW ones look too plain for me to add them.

And the dice...well, I got better ones. The old Apocalypse dice (25er cube, full 127er cube), the Killteam ones, some custom made...the new GW ones look too plain for me to add them.

I use the Bombardment Dice cube. 125 small black dice with red pips and the Mechanicus symbol for the 1's. I can't remember if those were for Apocalypse or not. I agree those new dice are rather plain.

Anyway I guess I'll be skipping that Combat Patrol. I would rather put that money toward some Seryberys Raiders or a Stratoraptor.

I'm curious if the Questor Mechanicus units will remain in the codex? If so will that include just what he had in the 8th edition codex, or will they add the Armigers, Knight Preceptor, Knight Castellan, and Knight Valiant? I would say probably not since they are always eager to sell us more books. I wouldn't put it past them to completely remove all the Knights from the codex.

Edited by Zebukkuk

A bit nitpicky but I would have preferred the white pips to have been the same cream they used on the underside of Martian vehicles. Apart from that they look fine. I also use the bombardment dice cube for my games.

I use the Bombardment Dice cube. 125 small black dice with red pips and the Mechanicus symbol for the 1's. I can't remember if those were for Apocalypse or not. I agree those new dice are rather plain.

Yeah right, 125. They were released for Apoc originally, just as the 10" pizza template. That's the one I have, as well as one small cube filled with the same dice. And some with the different departments (skitarii, priesthood, centurio ordinatus,...) custom made.

I'm curious if the Questor Mechanicus units will remain in the codex? If so will that include just what he had in the 8th edition codex, or will they add the Armigers, Knight Preceptor, Knight Castellan, and Knight Valiant? I would say probably not since they are always eager to sell us more books. I wouldn't put it past them to completely remove all the Knights from the codex.

The original codex hasn't been supplemented with the newer variants, and only errata'd to still be compatible. So I'd bet Knight profiles won't be in there.

Glad that I got impatient and got one more Start Collecting box... Now the only thing I could use in this is the Kataphrons, so it's a pass for me too. I like the dice, though.

But it's a decent way of starting an army, slightly depending on the Onager's rules, of course. And I guess buying multiple of these and getting multiple Enginseers is something more manageable than joining us who could have a "Tech Priest Dominii: This unit includes 3-12 Techpriest Dominus models"-unit. 

Well, although the box is disappointing (at least for me), then it confirms one thing - Enginseer is still an HQ choice for us.

EDIT: One more thing - I expect a larger hike in Power Levels - this box is 18-21 PL (in current values), depending on skitarii squad size (5 + 5 for PL6 vs 10 for PL5) and Breachers (PL5) vs Destroyers (PL7). It is a lot less than in other combat patrol boxes (and less than combat patrol games allow).

Wonder which units will get their power/points increased? Could the Onager be getting the squadron/force field sharing rules back? Or do they all go up to reflect the updated weapons? 

The sisters got another new miniature released, months after their big release.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/26/this-battle-sister-has-it-all-faith-a-sword-and-an-absolutely-massive-banner/

I am hopeful that we may see something new as well besides the Marshal.

Sisters get a full release window - predator variant, new infantry unit, warsuits, that character. The same amount as we got in Engine War (flyer, riders, batmen, Manipulus). Doesn't mean we'll get anything else, since AdMech pre-release news (dice, codex, combat patrol box, rules preview, assorted WarCom articles) have progressed a lot further than the Sisters'.

I'm not sure what they will explore next for Adeptus Mechanicus. Personally I'm hoping for some Auxilia Myrmidon or Ordo Reductor units.

Some "new" Legio Cybernetica robots would be great too. Kastelans can't be the only chassis in use. We had the Conqueror, Crusader, Cataphract, and Colossus in Rogue Trader in addition to the Castellan in Rogue Trader:  

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1989/cat1989p043-00.htm

Being able to have access to the Forge World Legio Cybernetica models would have been ideal but failing that some new plastic models inspired by the Rogue Trader models (or the FW models inspired by them) would be most welcome. 

Personally I hope they produce unit that is small enough to fit in a Archaeopter Transvector but has enough firepower or durability to make that effort worthwhile. That concept art that we saw a while back that mentioned heavy Skitarii would be ideal providing they can fit in our whirlybird.

• 2 weeks later...

And Destroyers got a 3+ save and 3 A.

Frankly don't think they deserve that save. Look at that model and tell me it is as heavily armoured as a terminator :/

I do like that the melee weapons are relevant now though.

The heavy arc rifle is odd though.

36" Heavy 2 S6 Ap2 D2.

But then the rifle is 30" rapid fire, but Dd3? Going up to D3 against vehicles.

You can find the image here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AdeptusMechanicus/comments/n7ufy0/kataphron_boxed_rules/

Perhaps I need more Kataphrons after all. :tongue.: A troops unit that thinks it's a Heavy Support choice sounds really handy. The only reason I have only got a unit of three of Breachers and Destroyers was because they are a real paint in the backside to paint. Well, that and I preferred the Skitarii elements to the army for the most part. A great big chunky unit of Breachers would still be really slow but my friend's Tyranids would just bounce right off them. Well, apart from the really nasty stuff anyway.

Edited by Magos Takatus

And Destroyers got a 3+ save and 3 A.

Frankly don't think they deserve that save. Look at that model and tell me it is as heavily armoured as a terminator :/

I do like that the melee weapons are relevant now though.

The heavy arc rifle is odd though.

36" Heavy 2 S6 Ap2 D2.

But then the rifle is 30" rapid fire, but Dd3? Going up to D3 against vehicles.

You can find the image here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AdeptusMechanicus/comments/n7ufy0/kataphron_boxed_rules/

Hopefully the heavy arc gets a similar rule to boost its dmg against vehicles (D4?)

It being heavy also means you can get it to S7 with the mars canticle (if that stays the same).

2+ save and flat 3 dmg claws make my 12 arc kataphrons happy (or whatever counts for happy when you're a servitor).  

I don't usually end up being the messenger for this but Auspex Tactics has posted a video about leaks for the Archaopters and the Skorpius Vehicles. Some buffs and a small nerf, nothing to get too frightened about.