Any new updates on a supplement?

templargdt

The rumors that said April were back in January (or was it even earlier?) before there were additional covid delays. As such the whole schedule is moved behind 3-4 months? So June August maybe? 

Also note that GW flat out stated BT would get a supplement, its just a matter of when it seems (they've not really "corrected" that statement of theirs, so one would hope it holds true then)

I think it was like way back they announced that BA DA and SW would get a supplement (which signalled they'd get rolled into the SM codex and then have a supplement like everyone else), BT was also mentioned as getting a supplement. the april time slot was just rumor though i believe, and with the delays the above is just guesswork to when it could be happening

Oh, I remember that one and thinking it could go either way as in BT might get a supplement but also not get one at all. Hope it's the former

Yeah sadly I remember it being somewhat ambiguous? Like 'these chapters will get their own rules or supplement' or something that left it open to suggest the PDF we've got could be it.

As I recalled it's only ambigious in the context that the last "supplement" we got was Faith & Fury. Because of that, a "supplement" could be just that. It could be X amount of pages filled in a book with heretics. Maybe a WD index? Or a PDF. There's no guarantee that it's a printed book with "Codex Supplement: Black Templars" on the cover. They bloody well owe us that, but there's no way we can be sure until we see it. 

That something is coming is about the only thing we can be sure of. But together with other recent rumors (like the Primaris Helbrecht thread we had back in January?), I'm just a liiittle optimistic they might do us right this time.

People say they've seen Primaris Helbrecht, they're the ones who say we should maintain faith.

Throne knows I need something to enthuse me about Templars right now. I've sold 90% of my Templar backlog and gone heavy on Adeptus Titanicus.

At the moment I relly like to play with my BT army. 

They are really tough.

Played against competitive Chaos Soup yesterday. It was a massacre

Well I'm hoping to have some kind of tease after all this 40k stuff.

We still got AM, SOB and Orks to go through.

So let's put 3 months on the waiting table at the very least.

It's a waiting game.

It's happening, before the new AoS edition I hope, cause i think AoS is building up for that.

Best option is beginning of summer, worst option is after summer.

Edited by Sete

Throne knows I need something to enthuse me about Templars right now. I've sold 90% of my Templar backlog and gone heavy on Adeptus Titanicus.

I know what you mean brother. I've started a heretic army led by a psyker - it doesn't get any more painglove deserving than that!!

Edited by Brother Kraskor

People say they've seen Primaris Helbrecht, they're the ones who say we should maintain faith.

Really hoping it's not a lazy model transition, aka brass colored primaris captain. Im hoping it's an artificer set.

I've been here long enough to remember people telling they know for sure Phil Kelly is writing our Codex and we're getting a new Wolf Cavalry style unit. So Won't believe anything until I see it

Really hoping it's not a lazy model transition, aka brass colored primaris captain. Im hoping it's an artificer set.
It's going to be great.

I've been here long enough to remember people telling they know for sure Phil Kelly is writing our Codex and we're getting a new Wolf Cavalry style unit. So Won't believe anything until I see it

I remember those rumours lmao.

We gonna be fine this time around.

Edited by Sete

I remember the rumors back in 5th to 6th edtition where it was said that a fleetbased chapter get their new book soon and everybody said "hey, the BT get a new codex". And then it was the Dark Angels. I think thats why I dont like the whole chapter although they are the secound in terms of style.

There's been too many hype trains recently that all proved to be unsubstantiated and crashed and burned for me not to be guarding my mind against getting aboard one again without a second thought.

This time the number of people (including those who would be quick to comment, and those who almost never do) who've commented that we're gonna be happy or we're gonna get something makes me think its unlikely we'll go empty handed this time around.

How well filled our hands will be remains to be seen

Edited by Reinhard

There's been too many hype trains recently that all proved to be unsubstantiated and crashed and burned for me not to be guarding my mind against getting aboard one again without a second thought.

This time the number of people (including those who would be quick to comment, and those who almost never do) who've commented that we're gonna be happy or we're gonna get something makes me think its unlikely we'll go empty handed this time around.

How well filled our hands will be remains to be seen

Well, one way or another, its certain that we will get something. I hope that "something" will worth our time and hype.

Nevertheless, Supplement or not I will continue playing Black Templars because, thats what we all did since 3rd ed.

I mean we are not Ultra Fan Boys that builds the army  and then converts it to whatever SM Chapter is the most relevant and play them saying "counts as this"  etc..

While that said, getting new and original content and some GW love like DA got would be so awesome...

Edited by BayOkuz

He did. But none of that wolf cavalry nonsense. :P

SW is famous for having many wolves on their homeworld, so a SW marine riding a big wolf is reasonable(however when the TWC kits first released, it still cause some aesthetic critics).

BT is famous for having many…men. No proper animal suit for the role of BT cavalry steed. A BT marine riding a…big cyberhuman servitor? That is disgusting!

SW is famous for having many wolves on their homeworld, so a SW marine riding a big wolf is reasonable(however when the TWC kits first released, it still cause some aesthetic critics).

BT is famous for having many…men. No proper animal suit for the role of BT cavalry steed. A BT marine riding a…big cyberhuman servitor? That is disgusting!

BT are famous for their bodycount AND their use of massed tank formations.

So let's focus on mechanised infantry for our boys in black, with mixed crusader squads (scouts, marines and primaris all in one sweet black soup).