Any new updates on a supplement?

templargdt

BT are famous for not worshipping Emperor as a God... wait, that didn't age well.

They were never famous for that. This has been discussed before, but the only source that explicitly stated BT didn't worship the Emperor was the Blood and Fire short story by ADB. Their worship of the Emperor in 6th ed. onward wasn't really a "change" imo.

BT are famous for not worshipping Emperor as a God... wait, that didn't age well.

They were never famous for that. This has been discussed before, but the only source that explicitly stated BT didn't worship the Emperor was the Blood and Fire short story by ADB. Their worship of the Emperor in 6th ed. onward wasn't really a "change" imo.

I am pretty sure that it was written in codex 4th edition. 

I am pretty sure that it was written in codex 4th edition. 

It was not that I remember

Do we at least know who is writing it this time?

I would hope we get our supplement by June as the big AOS releases will likely take up most the second half of the summer.

my expectation is BT are 1 or 2 codex's after orks are out

my guesstimate

preorder guesses

admech april 24

sisters may 15

orks june 5

codex A.  july 3

Edited by Triszin

AdMech is now, then for 40k is SoB and Orks and after that who knows, at this rate the two armies are gonna be out by June and then we'll be waiting for the next batch of books and releases which may have us or not, at least it will have the second book of the Charadon campaign.

So what do we know about the current release schedule?  Admech and Dark Eldar are next.  Then what?  Something AoS?

Dark Eldar are already out. I have the codex at home^^.

Admech should be released in April I think and then Sisters are confirmed and then a big rumor are Orks.

Thats what I´ve heard (and would make sense because Orks were shown in the short release video last year).

Well I'm hoping to have some kind of tease after all this 40k stuff.

We still got AM, SOB and Orks to go through.

So let's put 3 months on the waiting table at the very least.

It's a waiting game.

It's happening, before the new AoS edition I hope, cause i think AoS is building up for that.

Best option is beginning of summer, worst option is after summer.

AM = AdMech? or Astra Militarum.

I think its Admech correct?

Edited by Medjugorje

In this context, given all the Admech leaks, I am willing to bet they're next out of the gate. Though Guard could also really use a new book. Personally, I'm not in a huge hurry, we've never been this competitive since I started playing. No need to remind them that crusaders are actually usable at their current points cost.

Edited by Kontakt

Sisters is extremely competitive now, and they will receive a new codex soon. I wonder what will happen. Maybe some nerf. Our Imperial fists brothers were nerfed to hell in 9th.

There are not many templar players in tournaments, I think we are not anywhere significant on GW's nerf radar, but we still need new models much more than new rules.

Dont think that GW nerfed the IF because of their success in 8th edition. Its more that they are a shooty army in a melee edition.

Last time Templar were competitive --> 5th edition. In my mind they used to be S-Tier for one month after THE FAQ. Then the Grey Knights came^^

AdMech. I dunno :cuss about release dates or anything else besides some BT stuff, so no use reading much into it.

But what I know about BT is solid, it's a matter of when now, not if.

Will you summarize what you know about BT for those of us in the cheap seats? As far as you are at liberty to do so, of course.

Thanks!

Edited by RandyB

The rumours are pretty minimal.

First off we have the Warhammer Community announcement which told us that the Indexes released in the FAQ section, were to tide several chapters over until their supplements were released.

However, many of us are taking that with a massive pinch of salt, because last time we got a 'supplement' it was just Faith and Fury, which while being described as supplement tier content. Wasn't.

Next came the rumours from several sources, without pictorial evidence I hasten to add, that Primaris Helbrecht has been seen in the wild, and we will not be disappointed. (Well, unless you're a die hard firstborn fan I suppose.)

Those sources include Valrak, who is known as a good place to drop said rumours, but he's played it relatively low key.

Marshal Laeroth has also dropped hints that decent rules are coming, and he was spot on when he said that the Crusader points going down to 15 was not a mistake, and was validated when the updates came out and didn't update that coat, despite all the claims that it was clearly and wrror. Finally, Sete reappeared from his self-imposed crusade of exile to bring news that good things ARE coming. Sete has connections with a French speaking source, who appears to be part of the French translation system, and has been spot on about things in the past.

However, the timescale for that announcement has seemingly slipped considerably as everything else has been put back.

As far as I can recall, that's about it for rumours.

What we can surmise is this: There is no way that GW will let us just keep playing with a ruleset which they have given away for free forever. It's anathema to them. So we can safely assume that rules are coming in some form of paid for printed material.

This leaves three options as far as I see it.

Best option is a new Codex Supplement: Black Templars, with new models, new rules and crucially a decent fluff update for the first time since 4th edition. Which we desperately need to reconcile some of the issues in the lore, particularly concerning the role of Primaris.

Option two is a repeat of Faith and Fury, where our rules end up in a War Zone book like Charadon, and we get a token model to keep us sweet.*

Option three is we get an Index article in White Dwarf. This option would suck for several reasons, a) it means model support is vanishingly unlikely, fluff updates would be minimal, and it would make it very difficult for new players to play the army as the rules are in a time-limited magazine.

So for now, we wait. As we have done, for almost two decades now...

*As Reinhard as pointed out on numerous occasions, even a single new Templar model would be really good news for the range. At the moment out model range consists of regular Space Marine releases, an ancient plastic upgrade sprue box which is creaking at the seams, and a fair few finecast models. That makes our range very easy to cull. GW stops making finecast: characters gone. GW stops making the upgrade sprue: official flavour done. We are then no better off than almost every other successor chapter in terms of model support.

However, one single plastic model would signify ongoing financial investment in the chapter, arguably leading to more as time goes by. I agree with this sentiment, and really hope the Primaris Helbrecht rumours come true, as it signifies hope.for the future.

The rumours are pretty minimal.

First off we have the Warhammer Community announcement which told us that the Indexes released in the FAQ section, were to tide several chapters over until their supplements were released.

However, many of us are taking that with a massive pinch of salt, because last time we got a 'supplement' it was just Faith and Fury, which while being described as supplement tier content. Wasn't.

Next came the rumours from several sources, without pictorial evidence I hasten to add, that Primaris Helbrecht has been seen in the wild, and we will not be disappointed. (Well, unless you're a die hard firstborn fan I suppose.)

Those sources include Valrak, who is known as a good place to drop said rumours, but he's played it relatively low key.

Marshal Laeroth has also dropped hints that decent rules are coming, and he was spot on when he said that the Crusader points going down to 15 was not a mistake, and was validated when the updates came out and didn't update that coat, despite all the claims that it was clearly and wrror. Finally, Sete reappeared from his self-imposed crusade of exile to bring news that good things ARE coming. Sete has connections with a French speaking source, who appears to be part of the French translation system, and has been spot on about things in the past.

However, the timescale for that announcement has seemingly slipped considerably as everything else has been put back.

As far as I can recall, that's about it for rumours.

What we can surmise is this: There is no way that GW will let us just keep playing with a ruleset which they have given away for free forever. It's anathema to them. So we can safely assume that rules are coming in some form of paid for printed material.

This leaves three options as far as I see it.

Best option is a new Codex Supplement: Black Templars, with new models, new rules and crucially a decent fluff update for the first time since 4th edition. Which we desperately need to reconcile some of the issues in the lore, particularly concerning the role of Primaris.

Option two is a repeat of Faith and Fury, where our rules end up in a War Zone book like Charadon, and we get a token model to keep us sweet.*

Option three is we get an Index article in White Dwarf. This option would suck for several reasons, a) it means model support is vanishingly unlikely, fluff updates would be minimal, and it would make it very difficult for new players to play the army as the rules are in a time-limited magazine.

So for now, we wait. As we have done, for almost two decades now...

*As Reinhard as pointed out on numerous occasions, even a single new Templar model would be really good news for the range. At the moment out model range consists of regular Space Marine releases, an ancient plastic upgrade sprue box which is creaking at the seams, and a fair few finecast models. That makes our range very easy to cull. GW stops making finecast: characters gone. GW stops making the upgrade sprue: official flavour done. We are then no better off than almost every other successor chapter in terms of model support.

However, one single plastic model would signify ongoing financial investment in the chapter, arguably leading to more as time goes by. I agree with this sentiment, and really hope the Primaris Helbrecht rumours come true, as it signifies hope.for the future.

Clear summary.

Thanks!

Very clear summary and a good statement. And in addition to this, all PA supplements were gone into supplements or normal codex books, then there is a new range of Space Marines which fit us, the results of the first poll could be flow into the current model releases of GW and we have a Melee focused edition AND so much Fanbased movies like "Sword Brethren", "Helsreach",...

so there is a kind of "now or never" in the air.

And to be honest. Its the last time for GW to do us justice. If we get disappointed, I dont know what will happen with our faction and the exist Fanbase.

Edited by Medjugorje

The french are not involved on this one.

I'm better informed than them this time. I did a bit of investigation on my own.

1 model would be great, more than that amazing.

And believe me it's going to be amazing.

Like I said before it's a matter of when not if, and I'm crossing my fingers for some teaser next month at the earliest.

Edited by Sete