Any new updates on a supplement?

templargdt

The french are not involved on this one.

I'm better informed than them this time. I did a bit of investigation on my own.

1 model would be great, more than that amazing.

And believe me it's going to be amazing.

Like I said before it's a matter of when not if, and I'm crossing my fingers for some teaser next month at the earliest.

Sete you are slaying me with anticipation

I'm better informed than them this time. I did a bit of investigation on my own.

Like I said before it's a matter of when not if, and I'm crossing my fingers for some teaser next month at the earliest.

Investigation you call it, good one :teehee:

Problem with releases is that with the Warehouse shifting and Covid lots of stuff is being pushed back/re-arranged, if I was a betting person I would say Summer is Crusade time but that's not guaranteed.

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

Sounds crazy but I hope not too soon. my tournament list was very potent a few month ago, now is not that good anymore. And I dream since end of 5th edition to have a competitve Black Templar army which Nurgle has destroyed right now.

If a supp comes too soon, I cant play it. I would like to have it in late summer and I can rock those events.

Investigation you call it, good one :teehee:

Problem with releases is that with the Warehouse shifting and Covid lots of stuff is being pushed back/re-arranged, if I was a betting person I would say Summer is Crusade time but that's not guaranteed.

You misunderstand me. Investigation on the french part of rumours, not on the rumours themselves. Was gauging how much they knew.

Credit as always goes for the wonderfull persons that shared their knowledge with me ;)

Summer is the word in the street. Let's see how it goes.

Edited by Sete

I appreciate the knowledge round up.  GW is way, way better about communication with their customers since I started playing in 2008, but still I find it mystifying that this is such a guessing game.  I don't see why GW couldn't set a public release schedule for every supported army.  

I appreciate the knowledge round up. GW is way, way better about communication with their customers since I started playing in 2008, but still I find it mystifying that this is such a guessing game. I don't see why GW couldn't set a public release schedule for every supported army.

Because a good portion of their sales remains impulse buy, and knowing in advance you’ll have [new army X] coming out in however many weeks/months would result in quite a few players and collectors holding out on purchases before then because they know they wouldn’t have time to finish painting everything before the new stuff came in (thus adding to the pile-o-shame), so they’ll limit their expenses...

I appreciate the knowledge round up. GW is way, way better about communication with their customers since I started playing in 2008, but still I find it mystifying that this is such a guessing game. I don't see why GW couldn't set a public release schedule for every supported army.

See, I don't know about this in some ways. I have been re-reading old White Dwarfs from 3rd edition, and there was none of this top secret stuff. There were plenty of references to the new Rhino and Predator coming months before they were released. Every issue has a bullet points section where they give snippets on what people are doing at time of print, like sculpting X, or working on rules for Y.

At some point, they then started to close right up and give you nothing in advance.

my tournament list was very potent a few month ago, now is not that good anymore. And I dream since end of 5th edition to have a competitve Black Templar army which Nurgle has destroyed right now.

Aren't Templars a solid T2 army right now?

but they loose every day more on power.

Look at their official winrate on a graph. 

And thats normal after new books arrive in 9th edtion. So I hope our book will be released on a date were I can play it to win tournaments.

I think in our community the average skill of players is extremly high. You have to play against many many very good players.

My sources confirm at least a 3 month push from the original rumored early May timeline.

Early August then. Makes space for the rumoured new AoS 3rd edition. A couple months later than I would have liked.

Any word on whether it's a proper supplement or a War Zone fobbing off?

Due to the nature of the release I reckon it will be a supplement not warzone.

I can be wrong on this one tho.

Edited by Sete

My sources confirm at least a 3 month push from the original rumored early May timeline.

Early August then. Makes space for the rumoured new AoS 3rd edition. A couple months later than I would have liked.

Any word on whether it's a proper supplement or a War Zone fobbing off?

Due to the nature of the release I reckon it will be a supplement not warzone.

I can be wrong on this one tho.

Hercules_Disappointed.gif  

I have this weird feeling I'm going to wait five months for Faith and Fury II: The Furying and I'm going to buy it regardless so GW knows that someday, if they get their act together on my favored faction, I will shower them with money a la Scrooge McDuck.

If its as good as the rumors go then Im prepared to buy a bunch, these delays suck but I cant play right now so it doesnt bother me as much as it should I guess. Fingers crossed that this comes to pass and we get the attention we deserved to get back in 6th.

So take this as you will, but I would be very surprised if they managed to cram these rules into a narrative book. There were many more pages rumored than the first Warzone book gave to their supplements.

what do you mean?

So take this as you will, but I would be very surprised if they managed to cram these rules into a narrative book. There were many more pages rumored than the first Warzone book gave to their supplements.

what do you mean?

I mean that the playtested rules are more pages than the supplements in the Book of Rust.

Huh, I wonder how the big AOS 3 release will affect/be affected by 40k releases, we are still very behind on codexes.

Also rip the timeline with the current on-hold status of GW.

That US manufacturing plant would've come in handy had they not put it on hold due to covid.

Edited by SirJyo

Huh, I wonder how the big AOS 3 release will affect/be affected by 40k releases, we are still very behind on codexes.

Also rip the timeline with the current on-hold status of GW.

That US manufacturing plant would've come in handy had they not put it on hold due to covid.

Seems to me that AOS has been getting releases concurrent to 40k the past 9 month or so. Which, imo, is the right call.