Would you like primaris 'sternguard' and 'vanguard'

I'd actually prefer Sternguard and Vanguard to remain a niche of their own.

As more and more Marines either become Primaris through the Rubicon or started out that way in the first place, the more likely it becomes for any Firstborn left in a given Chapter are all Veterans.

It puts Ultima founding Chapters in a weird spot, but the other Foundings still outnumber them by a massive margin.

I would like to see the entire old marine line replaced by primaris. I would really like to see more chapter specific primaris.

Primaris deathwing would be really cool as would primaris sang guard.

The sooner that old mariens are gone the better.

i would definitely like flavorful and fluffy primaris units specific to certain chapters, but I would also like an actual primaris tactical squad

I would like to see the entire old marine line replaced by primaris.  I would really like to see more chapter specific primaris.  

Funnily enough, as a fan of Firstborn, I'd strongly prefer the opposite on all points. :rolleyes:

Best to split the difference and just update the damn Firstborn squads without throwing out all the real Space Marine designs for the sake of "modernization"- or at least getting across that there are designs other than the spammed Tacticus/Phobos armor that GW can use for its basic infantry units.

I would like to see the entire old marine line replaced by primaris.  I would really like to see more chapter specific primaris.  

Funnily enough, as a fan of Firstborn, I'd strongly prefer the opposite on all points. :rolleyes:

Best to split the difference and just update the damn Firstborn squads without throwing out all the real Space Marine designs for the sake of "modernization"- or at least getting across that there are designs other than the spammed Tacticus/Phobos armor that GW can use for its basic infantry units.

When was the last time a firstborn kit(not space marine heroes) was updated?  

I'd be OK with a primaris tactical squad.

I like the look and scale of primaris models. I don't like the lack of flexibility and customisation. I think the long-term plan of GW is to replace the firstborn marine range, but primarily for business reasons. I think the goal is to get players to purchase specific squads for specific purposes, rather than players tailoring squads for specific purposes. I think they see more money in me purchasing a couple of squads of the latest hotness (e.g. eradicators for meltas) than reconfiguring the kit an existing squad carries with minimal purchases (e.g. melta bits to kitbash some melta devastators from tactical squad marine bodies, or a single squad  of devastators box to get models and new hot weapons).

So as much as I'd be totally down with a primaris tactical squad, or even primaris vangaurd veterans with all the juicy awesome customisation and tabletop flexibility that would offer, I can't see it happening. 

I suppose, all said, having only been in the hobby for coming up three years I am a bit of an oddball in that I prefer firstborn marine options, but don't mind the primaris look at all. Sigh. 

I'd be OK with a primaris tactical squad.

I like the look and scale of primaris models. I don't like the lack of flexibility and customisation. I think the long-term plan of GW is to replace the firstborn marine range, but primarily for business reasons. I think the goal is to get players to purchase specific squads for specific purposes, rather than players tailoring squads for specific purposes. I think they see more money in me purchasing a couple of squads of the latest hotness (e.g. eradicators for meltas) than reconfiguring the kit an existing squad carries with minimal purchases (e.g. melta bits to kitbash some melta devastators from tactical squad marine bodies, or a single squad of devastators box to get models and new hot weapons).

So as much as I'd be totally down with a primaris tactical squad, or even primaris vangaurd veterans with all the juicy awesome customisation and tabletop flexibility that would offer, I can't see it happening.

I suppose, all said, having only been in the hobby for coming up three years I am a bit of an oddball in that I prefer firstborn marine options, but don't mind the primaris look at all. Sigh.

i started in '98 and that's how I feel about it lol.

Primaris look cool as heck, but I hate how singular in purpose their units are.

I don't like how they're moving away from kitbashibility and customization.

Back in the day those were basically core tenets of the hobby, to the point they had vehicle creation rules in the white dwarf

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I'm of two minds on the issue.

On the one hand if I didn't already have the to veteran units in question I'd be sorely tempted to build some VVs based on Assault Intercessors and some Bladeguard vets armed with Stalker rifles so they could be Veteran Intercessors or Sternguard (and arm a few with Lascannons, Multimeltas, and Grav Cannons from a Devastator kit because why even use them as Sternguard otherwise?)

On the other hand if I had to start my Marine force from scratch due to catastrophic fire or whatever I'd deliberately avoid buying any non-Primaris models at all with the exception of Centurions. That would have been a miserable thing to try to do mid-8th, but the Primaris line is big enough to get away with it now.