'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Sorry, been rather busy these last few days, catching up now.

Could we have the Dagger pretend to be a trader (with an assumed less threatening name), enter the edge of the system and let an inspection vessel from Elysium come out to us. While they are boring the Dagger to claim their tax we counter board them and take the smaller vessel for intelligence and a means into Elysium?

Brynjarr would not be opposed to some void walking to set up the ambush/entry point.

In terms of EXP spend, I used some to buy an BS advance (assuming it costs the same as the WS advance I already did). Not sure what else to buy. What sort of thing would Lore: Common (Solios Nebula) cover? From the sound of it might be fluffy to go alongside Common Lore (Imperial Navy) and Navigation (Stellar) that I already have.

Oops, sorry Tro, been working on an update this morning and missed that suggestion!

I guess lore might cover things like stars and systems in and around the Nebula, Imperial worlds that might be targets or places willing to trade, maybe even commonly seen xeno species, etc, etc? I think maybe it's a jack of all trades kind of lore, not as detailed but covers everything that might be going on in the area?

Oh, one thing I forgot to put in the last IC post: you all suffered a few wounds in the bridge fight, so that could be another opportunity for some squad interaction? I don't think anyone was hurt seriously enough to be more than Lightly Damaged, but Vesalius could roll some Medicae Tests if you want, Necronaut?

Lysimachus:

Per p.205 can I ask:

- Will we replenish our Fate Points?

Additionally, per p.212:

- We are currently at 3 Cohesion.

- As we have achieved an objective, do we regain a point of cohesion?

- as the Traveller has the Tactical Expertise skill (p.85) his use of Lead by Example shouldn't have cost the extra 3 cohesion from Forging the Bond.

- I've purchased Command (+20), so our Cohesion is increased by a further point.

- This will put our Cohesion at 3(+1)(+3)(+1) = 8

- Is this acceptable?

Good questions!

Ok, so in preparation for the next set of Structured Time:

Wounds:

Between the good Apothecary's ministrations and a day or two passing, everyone should be back up to full wounds to start the next phase.

Fate Points:

I will allow each player to replenish 1 FP (that should put most of you back to starting level?)

Cohesion:

Yep, that seems right to me. So you'll start with 8 and Lead By Example active?

Equipment/Req:

Because they should be easy to get hold of, I'll replace the Frags you've used back to starting levels. But Req'd items (MB and Photon G, mainly) obvs can't be replaced.

That all sound fair to everybody?

Fair enough, I'll hold off on posting any updates today (and tomorrow?) hopefully that will give everyone a break/chance to catch up? :)

I think Tragg would definitely be thoroughly intimidated by the Traveller, given he shot him I'd add a good +30 to tests! :P

It's probably not 100% needed to roll for it by this point, he knows his only chance of saving his ship/livelihood is with you, so he'll do his best to make your plan work (hence his efforts to convince Von Caeryd).

There's probably not a lot else for anyone to add IC there, so with permission given I'll have Tragg start the ship moving forward a bit?

Hi, sorry Mol, was just typing up the next update, I've already mentioned to AT that I'm saying you wont be able to double jump quickly enough (or that Odysseus would need to recover between jumps, etc, etc) so you'll need to figure out a way to get a little closer before he can make it?

Anyway, I'll post the next bit momentarily!