'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Re: the airlock, without spoilering too much, don't worry about another escape attempt... ;)

@Mol: No problem, either stick a placeholder in if you want, but to be honest if you can't, it wouldn't hurt anything to pause us for a day or two, we've already moved on quite a bit over this weekend? So no worries either way! :)

Just posted in the main thread... then thought it might have come across as being pushy for Mol's next post?

Just wanted to clarify that wasn't the intention behind it, just trying to respond to what's happening in-character! :lol:

Cracking!

Oh, btw all, I meant to say (but forgot!) that as Odysseus revealed something was up with the Warp in post #401, if you want anyone can read the spoilered bit in post #399!

Vesalius is fully stocked on frag grenades!

Edit: why not use the melta-bomb on the viewing glass behind Von Caeryd?

Would certainly take care of the Loxatl and Von Caeryd. If all five of us focus on the Ambot I'm assuming we can take it down if the void doesn't affect it.

gallery_27610_17040_234718.png

Is that a cannon pointed at Von Caeryd on the right most center stand? Is so does it work? :tongue.:

Well if this is the final battle would it make sense for us to spend some fate to increase our position in the imitative order? I know it can be done as Mol did it but I am unsure as to the mechanics.

Edited by Trokair

:lol: Definitely an inoperable relic... :lol:

Yep, not a bad idea, you basically just say you're using a FP to count your roll as a 10 and you move up the list accordingly.

Possibly(?) you might want to wait and see if Mol is using one, as if he does he'd be before everyone (except Loxatl Brood 1) and could call a final Bolter Assault with your last 3 Cohesion?

Edit: It's a Demolitions Test which if memory serves is a Full Action. So you'd have to get over there, then spend your next Turn setting it up?

I want to say (from memory, so could be wrong!) that you can Delay as a Half Action, skipping your go, then take another Half Action at any time before the Turn ends?

...but I can't think of a way to drop down the list though?

In that case I will spend a Fate Point, even if Mol dose as well and calls a bolter assault, it does mean I get a chance to do something before the enemy that is literally closest to Odysseus, Kai and Brynjarr overruns us. Have edited the iniative post to reflect this. 

I also see that the Loxatl have dodge, but as hordes I thought they were incapable of such.

Cool! I will hold off starting the Round until everyone has had a chance to use FPs as they want, then I'll edit the Initiative list.

Re Dodge, it's in their profile for when used as individual creatures... but I think the rules also say that although a Horde doesn't usually have the ability to Dodge, the GM might choose to allow them to if it seems appropriate?

Which, given the speed/agility that Loxatl are supposed to have, I might rule that they do get a Dodge...

As a note to players - if we do a bolter assault currently, it will cause us some difficulties. When our Cohesion drops to zero, all of us will automatically leave Squad Mode. That means that the Lead by Example bonus will be ended. 

Several of you will need to chuck some Fate Points into the Cohesion pot in order for us to be able to run a Bolter Assault and still remain in Squad Mode afterwards. (Looking at the list, Decimus and Brynjarr certainly could contribute and still have points for their own use.) 

If we can get a Bolter Assault going, we ought to certainly consider using Krak Grenades against the Ambots - 3D10+4, Pen 6 against TB10(+1) and Armour 5-13 - or, if not in the Bolter Assault, attempting Called Shots (which are a Half Action for Astartes) against their heads. 

As a note to players - if we do a bolter assault currently, it will cause us some difficulties. When our Cohesion drops to zero, all of us will automatically leave Squad Mode.

Have we not used it already? Tracking mission activations is probably something we need to keep an eye on.

Having spent a Fate point for a cohesion point back when we took the Dagger I think Brynjarr would be willing to do so again here (droping down to 2 Fate).

Can certainly throw some krak grenades, I have three left, however my first concern for round one were the lizards on the wall/ceiling, was thinking of frag grenade at them in an attempt to drop their Mag below 20 so that they are less dangerous.

Have we not used it already? Tracking mission activations is probably something we need to keep an eye on.

From my reading of p.226 of Rites of Battle, as Bolter Assault is not a Sustained power we have to pay for it (once) in each combat.

Edited by Commissar Molotov