'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Ok, so I've got there that the Traveller, Odysseus and Brynjarr have spent a FP for 10s, and Brynjarr spends a 2nd to add 1 Cohesion?

Am I right in thinking Vesalius and Svelk are happy with their Initiatives? (Vesalius got an 8 anyway, so with his Ag6 he's already quite a way up the list? Plus he's down to 2/4 FP already...?)

If that's all correct, we just need to see what Decimus wants to do! (Although actually we could start with those with Initiatives above 13...)

Ok, no problem! (Feel free to roll for your replenished wounds whenever, I don't think that needs to wait for your go?)

So, Bolter Assault actions don't need to be done in Initiative order so anyone feel free to jump in on those!

Also, @Beren: Svelk went into Solo Mode last fight, I think he can rejoin Squad Mode for free now though if you want?

Hmm, interesting how Dodge and Blast combine, and then how it works with when you let a Horde Dodge...

So, the Loxatl rolled a successful Dodge, which RAW means they'd get moved out of the Blast Radius of 4m (they have Ag8, so that's fine)...

But it feels wrong to me that they'd therefore Dodge all 4 hits completely...?

Unless anyone has any other info on how Hordes Dodging Blasts works, I'm going to rule that they were only able to Dodge HALF the hits, so half will still go through?

Given that the reason hordes cannot normally dodge is that there are to any members that it will hit somebody regardless a half comprise seems fair.

I’d say a dodge half the blast stat for hits (so the grenade becomes blast 2, for two hits plus the explosion hi)t. But more experienced souls at the game may have a better interoperation.

Hey all, don't forget that the Ambots are Enormous targets which is a +20 to hit. As far as I can see, the only attack affected so far is Decimus' Krak G throw, which will now be a Hit so we need Dam rolls there?

(Also, I'm assuming that was his part of the Bolter Assault, so we still need to know his regular Turn Actions?)

Ooh OK, forgot about that, will edit!

If Vesalius wants to apply First Aid Medicae, that should be a Full Action but as he's so close I'll let him move and still do that... assuming he doesn't want to focus on shooting the Loxatl instead!!

Edit: Rolled Ambot B's Dodge, failed so it's down to 3 Wounds!

Edit edit: Just thought, didn't allow for the 4AP of the display case, so it's down to 7 Wounds and the case is destroyed! :P

A.T.

If the Ambot dodged and survived Mol/Kai’s grenade I’ll focus on it if you want to focus on the large horde with your flamer.

They are close enough that Odysseus can catch both hordes 2 & 3 - not enough to wipe out the tiny horde but they can't merge into a 20+ horde now unless they are reducing damage from the hits. The two medium hordes are going to be able to merge together at some point though.

Ooh OK, forgot about that, will edit!

If Vesalius wants to apply First Aid Medicae, that should be a Full Action but as he's so close I'll let him move and still do that... assuming he doesn't want to focus on shooting the Loxatl instead!!

Edit: Rolled Ambot B's Dodge, failed so it's down to 3 Wounds!

Edit edit: Just thought, didn't allow for the 4AP of the display case, so it's down to 7 Wounds and the case is destroyed! :P

It will be a full action for both Vesalius and Decimus FYI.

Edit: not really close enough to move and render aid, but I'll take the freebie!

Edit 2: post updated: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-1/?p=5723080

Edited by Necronaut

The two medium hordes are going to be able to merge together at some point though.

Actually already happened, first thing of the Round? I'll let you keep the better result of the 2 Flamer hits though!

I'm not actually sure that's the right way of doing merging hordes... but I was playing it by ear and figured letting Vesalius move and heal in the same Turn was a fair swap?

I'm not sure I've done destroying the cover in front of the Ambot correctly either, but I think(?) it's probably in your favour overall....

Edit: Sorry all, I've not had access to my crb today so freestyle GMing... if you'd rather I went back and corrected all the above points RAW I will do?

I'm not actually sure that's the right way of doing merging hordes...

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. In the past when i've played/run games one of the hordes usually just spends its actions mashing into the other. I was just looking at the map/init chart when I shot at them.

That's very true, I probably would have made more sense if I'd resolved merging them at the end of Round 1 so that the pic/list for Round 2 was actually correct... apologies for that one, all! :lol:

Riiiigghhht...

As long as everyone's happy, rather than getting bogged down in the rules I'm going to just leave it all as I've done it, I'll post the next summary in a sec and we can move on from Brynjarr's Turn 2 Actions?

(and Ambot B currently has 7 Wounds left, so is it still a Charge?)