'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Rolls made, had to sidetrack myself a little to remind myself melee procedure, working with some free pdfs and a few threads here on the forum in lieu of the actual rule book can take a bit, but I think I did it right, let me know if not so I can fix it.   

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-1/?p=5723081

Will do fluff in morning, after I know if the Ambot is dead or if it can dodge/counter attack or some such ( I hope not, I got it in the head after all :tongue.: )

Edited by Trokair

Will I need a pilot test to use the jump pack in this room?

Yeah, probably, it's a big room but quite a lot of tall stuff in the way...?

Will do fluff in morning, after I know if the Ambot is dead or if it can dodge/counter attack or some such ( I hope not, I got it in the head after all :P )

Dodge already used, so it's down!

Re: Bolter Assault, you still have Decimus actions before Loxatl 3, and Svelk's before Loxatl 1 (when/if Round 3 starts), so you might not need more if they pick the right targets...

Edit: Because he has the JP I'm happy if Svelk wants to Charge either Brood, he can still get up to them on the ceiling! :D

But yep, if you want to use FPs up, they're there!

A.T. is right in this regard - p.226 of Rites of Battle says that we pay once per battle for Bolter Assault, and then we can use it in this battle - but only this battle.

Decimus or Svelk could initiate the bokter charge and then in the next round I can sort it again. Brynjarr and I can possibly engage Von Caeryd in combat.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

I've actually looked up the rule for vaccum and power armour integrity, and realised that blowing out the window may not be the best idea any more.

In which case I'm willing to charge (and declare a bolter assault) the guys on the ceiling, but once I've made the attack does Svelk fall back to the floor?

@AT/Mol: Gah, I thought it was each use... OK, well, no reason not to use it then!!!

@Beren: If you can kill the enemy without damaging the structure, that's probably more in keeping with your mission goals... plus who knows what info Von Caeryd might have if you can take him alive...?

Hmm.... OK, I guess you'd Charge up, Hit (plus the impact hits from your Squad Mode ability?) and then drop down to the floor? Rules wise I suppose you'd still count as being in combat with them as they could drop down on top of you? ...assuming there are any left at that point?

Remaining in combat with them would probably be fair, as otherwise I'd be able to double charge them.

Also re, the window thing, I was more referring to the fact that if Decimus (or any of the rest of us) has taken more damage than his PA has armour points, he's no longer environmentally sealed.

Edited by Beren

Remaining in combat with them would probably be fair, as otherwise I'd be able to double charge them.

Also re, the window thing, I was more referring to the fact that if Decimus (or any of the rest of us) has taken more damage than his PA has armour points, he's no longer environmentally sealed.

I once played in a game of Black Crusade in which none of the Chaos Astartes had vac-sealed armor, and we had to board and take control of an enemy asteroid base which had locked itself up. Being properly hard men, we injected enough slaught to stand an elephant on its head (slaught increases your base movement speed) and blew ourselves out of our ship's airlock. We were exposed to hard void and ended up on the other side with some light wounds but otherwise no worse for wear, our unnatural toughness allowing us to weather the worst of the effects.

Lovely stuff, just Svelk to go in Round 2!

At this point, all you've got left is Brood 1 at 21 Mag, Brood 3 at 11 Mag, and Von Caeryd himself!

Nice post!

I guess it's 2 or 3 times your height, say 5m from floor to ceiling? I wouldn't worry about it, I reckon an Assault Marine would know to leave his jump pack on low power to take the edge off the impact?

So, Svelk's attacks will bring Brood 1 down to 9 Mag, at which point their weapons don't get any Mag bonus and can't actually roll enough Dam to hurt you... so how do you all want to use your Bolter Assault Actions?

Nice post!

I guess it's 2 or 3 times your height, say 5m from floor to ceiling? I wouldn't worry about it, I reckon an Assault Marine would know to leave his jump pack on low power to take the edge off the impact?

True, but I wasn't sure if the first failed Pilot roll warranted anything.

That said, Svelk does have Catfall, which gives the potential to pretty severely mitigate any damage anyway.

I'm mentally picturing it as him smashing his axe rake into the wall near the top (possibly through an unfortunate Loxatl first!) and then his weight dragging a massive furrow through the plaster all the way back to ground level! :D

So, Svelk's attacks will bring Brood 1 down to 9 Mag, at which point their weapons don't get any Mag bonus and can't actually roll enough Dam to hurt you... so how do you all want to use your Bolter Assault Actions?

Actually, scratch that, with basic 1d10+6 Pen3 they can still hurt you... just not very likely to!

@AT: Just checking so I've got your position correct for a Round 3 map, you had moved into cover directly south of the leftmost plinth, so 18m (9 squares) will put you on the south side of the rightmost plinth, is that right?