'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I was worried about that too.  This is, (only my opinion) the problem with having a bunch of taciturn malcontents.  There's not much banter to soak up the space to allow other to post.  I am guilty of having a quick trigger myself, and I've been holding back to let others go in front.

As for extra gear, all I could think of was Photon Flash, as we can just drop those at our feet, toss 'em down a corridor, lose them in zero g, and as long as our helmets are on, we won't be affected.  I'm pretty loaded down with firepower, although a chainsword would be nice, but I don't *need* it.

What do you think, Cohort?

MR.

I was thinking a chainsword, maybe a preysense sight.

But collectively we need something that can breach bulkheads, maybe some bulkhead shears from Rites of Battle?  They are 17 Req.  I don't need the preysense sight, so I can contribute 10 Req, but I can't carry it with my heavy bolter and other gear.

Not a bad idea at all.

I could give up 5 Req for it, if that helps, plus it's only 10kg, so almost anyone can heave it.  It's a better bet all round than a Multikey or Breaching Augur, doesn't need Demolitions, like a Meltabomb does, etc.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

That's interesting, since if you have Demolitions (you very, very clever fellow :wink: ) and another of us has Chymistry, using the very basic materials on hand, there could be the possibility of making our own breaching charges...McGuyver style! 

Demo charges are cheap at the price as well - since we have a Jelly-baby on board now...

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Yep, good call on taking a pause in the narrative while you guys figure out the ooc stuff (and apologies if I'm pushing us through too fast, I'm just enjoying myself! I'll try to follow Mazer's example and hold on a bit... :P)

I'll hold off on answering any IC questions for a min (but feel free to have your guys ask them) and then next time I post Ghoran can sort them all out together?

I'm on my mobile atm, but where/what are the rules for demo charges?

Edit: Also, if it's any help to see it all laid out, I'd made a note of what people were carrying/could still take, I think(?) the following is right:

Decimus:

Carrying: 1 Heavy, 1 Pistol.

Space for 1 Pistol/Melee

(I guess if you wanted to take a backup Basic instead, you could just leave your Bolt Pistol behind?)

Kai:

Carrying: 1 Basic, 1 Pistol, 1 Melee.

Space for 1 Pistol/Melee

Odysseus:

Carrying: 2 Pistol (I'm being generous with the naval boltguns!), 1 Melee.

Space for 1 Basic/Pistol/Melee

Orphiel:

Carrying: 1 Basic, 2 Pistol.

Space for 1 Pistol/Melee

Svelk:

Carrying: 1 Pistol, 1 Melee.

Space for 1 Basic/Pistol/Melee and 1 Pistol/Melee

Vesalius:

Carrying: 1 Basic, 1 Pistol.

Space for 1 Basic or 2 Pistol/Melee

That's interesting, since if you have Demolitions (you very, very clever fellow :wink: ) and another of us has Chymistry, using the very basic materials on hand, there could be the possibility of making our own breaching charges...McGuyver style!

Demo charges are cheap at the price as well - since we have a Jelly-baby on board now...

MR.

Improvising explosives may not be something Svelk is entirely unfamiliar with.

Demolition Charge is page 175 of the Core Rulebook.

Edited by Beren

Yep, good call on taking a pause in the narrative while you guys figure out the ooc stuff (and apologies if I'm pushing us through too fast, I'm just enjoying myself! I'll try to follow Mazer's example and hold on a bit... :tongue.:)

I'll hold off on answering any IC questions for a min (but feel free to have your guys ask them) and then next time I post Ghoran can sort them all out together?

Good God alive man, don't follow my example, my guys are run ragged over in Devils...! :D

Improvising explosives may not be something Svelk is entirely unfamiliar with.

Well I don't know if you've still got all your fingers and toes yet, but if you do, things are looking promising...

MR.

Odysseus has no pressing need for any gear to can contribute points towards bulkhead shears, meltabombs, etc if needed.

Otherwise he'd be eyeing an immolation rifle (a heat beam - all the burn of a flamer with none of the collateral damage that you'd want to avoid on a space station) due to not being a particularly good shot.