'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

That's cool, you 2 are the only Pilots in Alpha, but the crewman can do it almost as well if you prefer!

(I think stat wise Odysseus is a hair ahead of Svelk on Ag, and you're both 10/15 ahead of the mortal even after including his Pilot +10.)

Gunner can be anyone I think, as everyone with Astartes Weapons Training is trained to use a HB?

Cheers! Speaking of which, I meant to ask how you see Brynjarr's axe? Is it like the standard single headed Astartes one (as per the current Assault and Devastator boxes) or more of a double-header like the one in the Vanguard Vet box...? asking for a friend... :D

Next update is mostly ready, so I'll probably put it up in the next few hours and that gives everyone the whole weekend to discuss/respond?

While the double headed axes can look really cool, I would imagine that they are rather impractical, especially one handed and in confined spaces such as ships corridors.

As such I imagine Brynjarr would favour a one handed axe with a single head (though possibly with a spike on the other side (such as often seen on medieval axes) though warhammer/40k axes do not seem to have these, so not important). The standard marine axe would do, though I imagined it to be a bit more curved/rounded (like some space wolf axes) than the standard. As it is your interpretation of the squad use whatever you feel is right.

In case it helps with your building of the squad, this is the Brynjarr from the other reality where he joined the Deathwatch for Mazer's game. For this game I imagine he is much the same (but without the deathwatch insignia for obvious reasons) but a bit more worn and older, and with the bandolier of grenades and the axe on his belt when not in use.

gallery_29932_13153_26878.jpg

In case it helps, parts used, MkIII legs and body, Primaris Backpack, Reiver bolt carbine as stand in for naval bolter, Palanitne shield (with Reiver knife arm sans knife) and Vanguard Suppressor/Primaris Storm Speeder helmet.

gallery_29932_13153_23803.jpg

While the double headed axes can look really cool, I would imagine that they are rather impractical, especially one handed and in confined spaces such as ships corridors.

As such I imagine Brynjarr would favour a one handed axe with a single head (though possibly with a spike on the other side (such as often seen on medieval axes) though warhammer/40k axes do not seem to have these, so not important). The standard marine axe would do, though I imagined it to be a bit more curved/rounded (like some space wolf axes) than the standard. As it is your interpretation of the squad use whatever you feel is right.

In case it helps with your building of the squad, this is the Brynjarr from the other reality where he joined the Deathwatch for Mazer's game. For this game I imagine he is much the same (but without the deathwatch insignia for obvious reasons) but a bit more worn and older, and with the bandolier of grenades and the axe on his belt when not in use.

gallery_29932_13153_26878.jpg

In case it helps, parts used, MkIII legs and body, Primaris Backpack, Reiver bolt carbine as stand in for naval bolter, Palanitne shield (with Reiver knife arm sans knife) and Vanguard Suppressor/Primaris Storm Speeder helmet.

gallery_29932_13153_23803.jpg

Double-headed axes are really useful only for splitting logs -- traditional fighting axes only had a single head, sometimes with a spike on the reverse side.

I think Holger would definitely have whatever version of Ciphers: Chapter Runes the IG use? Feel free to be creative on that score though, nothing has been previously set in stone.

That's why I included Intimidate as an option... :D

Do other Alpha Squad players have a preference for how we approach the Sisters?

PM sent.

Not beyond pointing out the fact that we don't know that these are the same sisters we're supposed to meet.

I@Beren - I don't think that they are. I think a big bluff is required.

Along with whatever narrative you like, please roll a Charm, Deceive or Intimidate Test to see if you can get past the Customs guards!

"Shuttle Tydirium requesting deactivation of the deflector shield"

Now we find out if that code is worth the price we paid.

Many Bothans <ahem> XENOS SCUM died to bring us this information.

[sNIP] Many Bothans <ahem> XENOS SCUM died to bring us this information.

[sNIP] it's not as if Lysimachus needs to be kept away from our ideas.

IT'S A TRAP!

Squad Alpha

Well Duh!

I think its quite obvious that Varn's pet Palatine has been deposed and that's why the shipment stopped. Anyone can bluff using helmet voice modulators to sound female.

Squad Beta

I'm surprised you haven't thought of shooting your way past the guards and shooting them camera's too. Then blaming it all on a Reactor Leak.

Re the Demo Charge creation, I'm not sure how it works... Demolition Skill includes manufacturing of extras, how does Chymistry interact with that?

And this is back aboard the Avarice, so I reckon they've got the safe place/ tools they need to do it.

Let's keep it simple and say Beren please roll 3 Challenging (+0) Demo Manufacturing (Int) Tests for Svelk. Because of his Chymistry Skill, Vesalius adds +20 for assisting. Each successful Test adds an extra Demo Charge to Svelk's supply.

That sound reasonable?