'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

In terms of getting the shuttle down, perhaps feign engine failure and request a landing spot - it would explain our low altitude and give a plausible reason if we decide to set down short of any defensive position and circle around a rescue/search team (which in turn would also reduce the defenders on site).

Well, those weren't the best rolls.

You've made one molotov cocktail and two shirley temples.

I'd rather say that we were bringing tribute for aid rendered 'as instructed by the Order of the Broken Crown'. Even if it's not the Broken Crwn, they ought to let us land so they can ask us exactly what tribute we're bringing and what aid we were given, and it's vague enough to be difficult to conclusively verify.

All sounds good to me.

If you want to try and lie your way in, then a Deceive Test would be in order? Bear in mind that, unlike the PDFers Squad Beta are trying to get past*, these aren't gullible or lazy troops and their Disposition would reflect that?

*speaking of which, I'm really curious to see how Beta use Mazer's posh lady and her many servants to further muddy the water... :D

I'd rather say that we were bringing tribute for aid rendered 'as instructed by the Order of the Broken Crown'. Even if it's not the Broken Crwn, they ought to let us land so they can ask us exactly what tribute we're bringing and what aid we were given, and it's vague enough to be difficult to conclusively verify.

Its the Tri-Centennial celebration tribute

Hmmm, I just had an idea- you know who might also send around unmarked Astartes in a shuttle?

The Sisters know more about the Tributes than we (I think) and while weaver certainly not privy to the secrets of the Inquisition, we might persuade them not to hinder the agents of the Throne?

Maybe Ithan could kitbag something to project a bit of deformed „I“‘that could be used to hint at the sentiment? From a holozjic display screen on the shuttle? Or a carthographer?

Again, not attempting to forge a rosette.

Most people won‘t ever have seen one.

How many people have actually seen or met an actual homicide detective, let alone an FBI agent?

Thecsusters are much aware of the Onquisition (than most of us probably) - which actually might work in ourcfabour because they might have seen what a nest of vipers the Ordos are…

We do nitveven have to fully convince them, just enough to stay out of our business?

Okay, I will be making sure to get up a post today so that the story can continue.

Having gone back to Lysimachus's original post, Varn's fragile relationship with the Sisterhood here has been disrupted. It would seem a number of possibilities suggest themselves - she may have been found out and deposed, or she may have reconsidered her actions and reneged on the deal. Alternately, some presence is here that means she cannot act openly - this could be other Sisters, or even a member of the Inquisition.

My inclination is to exit the Sisters' airspace, or as A.T. suggested feign an engine failure. Whilst we are in the air we are vulnerable; on the ground we can bring our talents to bear.

Ok, so it seems to me you've got 3 options:

1) Tell them exactly who you are and demand the Palatine fulfil what she promised the Iron Gods!

2) Try to lie your way in. (More Sisters, bringing tribute, Astartes in service to the Inq and feigning engine trouble have all been suggested)

3) Turn back as instructed and try to find an alternative approach (presumably ground based, slower but safer?)

Maybe so we can move Alpha on, we could just take a vote? There's 7 of you, so if we can just get 4 in agreement on one of the above, that's a majority?

Okay, I will be making sure to get up a post today so that the story can continue.

Having gone back to Lysimachus's original post, Varn's fragile relationship with the Sisterhood here has been disrupted. It would seem a number of possibilities suggest themselves - she may have been found out and deposed, or she may have reconsidered her actions and reneged on the deal. Alternately, some presence is here that means she cannot act openly - this could be other Sisters, or even a member of the Inquisition.

My inclination is to exit the Sisters' airspace, or as A.T. suggested feign an engine failure. Whilst we are in the air we are vulnerable; on the ground we can bring our talents to bear.

@CM - We await your post with baited breath. The story needs to move on and this part is your ball. We need to get landed, the engine failure ploy from A.T. works for me.

Ok, so it seems to me you've got 3 options:

1) Tell them exactly who you are and demand the Palatine fulfil what she promised the Iron Gods!

2) Try to lie your way in. (More Sisters, bringing tribute, Astartes in service to the Inq and feigning engine trouble have all been suggested)

3) Turn back as instructed and try to find an alternative approach (presumably ground based, slower but safer?)

Maybe so we can move Alpha on, we could just take a vote? There's 7 of you, so if we can just get 4 in agreement on one of the above, that's a majority?

@Lysimachus - Well lets wait for Mol's post as he has said that he will post something today.

Ok, thanks everyone, that moves Alpha on a bit further very nicely! :)

Does anyone want to add anything to Mazer's post for Beta's plans?

(I was wondering if Brynjarr wanted to make the approach to the PDF officer, just because it's been mentioned in his character description that out of armour he's short enough that he could be taken for a normal human...?)

Edit: Ninja'd! I'd like to clarify that Draak HASN'T been ordered to watch the team by Varn, he's just trying to help make them more efficient on his own... :lol:

Edit: Ninja'd! I'd like to clarify that Draak HASN'T been ordered to watch the team by Varn, he's just trying to help make them more efficient on his own... :laugh.:

Pff, check out this GM over here, making out totally innocent...:ph34r.:

@MR - Draak: "I have detailed files" "Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfy?"

"Wolfy's just fine..."

Edit: Ninja'd! I'd like to clarify that Draak HASN'T been ordered to watch the team by Varn, he's just trying to help make them more efficient on his own... :laugh.:

@Lysimachus & Other Players - I could say 'But that's just what the GM wants you to think'

But I won't.