'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Oops, sorry mate, I thought Svelk was planning on dropping down and hitting the Immolator?

(Which, I meant to say, if he lands on the top of it he doesn't need a Called Shot to hit the Gunner...)

Yep, I just sometimes change plans at the last minute if the opportunity presents itself.

So if he uses the Bolter Charge action to drop onto the immolator, can he count a melee attack against the gunner or just the vehicle?

Sorry, was typing responses to people and got called away for a few hours!

Yep, if you land on the roof you can make attacks (shooting and melee) directly against the gunner. If you don't actually engage in CC, would probably be within the 3m for Point Blank Range.

Could even drop a Krak G in her lap... :D

Edit: Although, if you do engage in CC, it means even if she survives the Bolter Assault attack, she can't shoot the HF when it's her turn?

@Beren: I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 1 attack as part of Bolter Assault has to be with Bolt weapons... so his Bolt Pistol?

But you can use the Hit/Damage rolls you've included, just swap to BS rather than WS, so will still hit and cause Righteous Fury?

Edit: Should actually be more Wounds caused because of the higher Pen?

Edited by Lysimachus

Ah, I misinterpreted it as allowing a Charge Action instead of a charge move. I'll edit it accordingly. Do Righteous fury ranged attacks use up additional ammunition?

No. I think they do more damage by exploding in weak spots Edited by Machine God

Ah, I misinterpreted it as allowing a Charge Action instead of a charge move. I'll edit it accordingly. Do Righteous fury ranged attacks use up additional ammunition?

No. I think they do more damage by exploding in weak spots
Yep, that's what I thought too.

So, I'll add it into the summary post later but the Sister failed her saves (Dodge had a fairly hefty negative mod due to her being stuck in her chair) so I think she's toast.

Hence the Immolator won't be able to fire this Round. (If it survives long enough though, and one of the regular Sisters can reach it, I might say they can take over as Gunner in a later Round?)

Edit: so it's just Vesalius, then back to Traveller to start regular Actions?

Edited by Lysimachus

So, I'll add it into the summary post later but the Sister failed her saves (Dodge had a fairly hefty negative mod due to her being stuck in her chair) so I think she's toast.

Hence the Immolator won't be able to fire this Round. (If it survives long enough though, and one of the regular Sisters can reach it, I might say they can take over as Gunner in a later Round?)

If there's any of them left of course

No. I think they do more damage by exploding in weak spots
Yep, that's what I thought too.

Correct.  The round has already been fired, RF only affects the damage roll where the Emperor's Splodey MagicTM happens.  No extra ammunition is consumed.

Beren, just a note -

There is no need to confirm Righteous Fury because we're fighting a member of the Imperial Adepta - this is part of the special rules that Lysimachus gave us. It's the equivalent of the Deathwatch training in the main game against Xenos.

Secondly, Righteous Fury is just an additional D10 damage (you don't roll the whole thing over) - but if you get an additional 10, you can keep rolling until you don't...

@Tro and Sobek:  Do you guys want to play this Splinter Cell, or Who Dares Wins?

@ Lysi - how tall is that low wall, and how high are those stacked barrels/tubes in the middle right of the map?

And what's our modifier to shoot the lights themselves?

Maybe 1 - 1.5m, fairly low but enough to duck down behind. The stack is probably a bit higher, 2.5m ish?

I reckon the lights have got to be a Miniscule Target, so -30?

How do I do the silent move test? I see that I have a 20% bonus for it. I rolled a 62

@Mazer I figured we could try sneaking up on the guards and taking them out with our knives before trying to assault the group around Holger. I assume we want to take Razor alive but the others are expendable.

Edited by Ancient_Sobek

How do I do the silent move test? I see that I have a 20% bonus for it. I rolled a 62

@Mazer I figured we could try sneaking up on the guards and taking them out with our knives before trying to assault the group around Holger. I assume we want to take Razor alive but the others are expendable.

I was thinking along similar lines.  Bladework first, so that anyone who comes along doesn't take a look and go "Hey, look, bolter-chunks!"

The Silent Move test is an Agility roll.  Since you're not wearing power armour, you won't get any penalties to the test, so it's a roll against AG + your Silent Move bonus :smile.:

EDIT:  Orphiel will cover you.  If it all goes sideways, Razor and this three buddies are within 2m, which means I can Stalker the bastards with a Semi-Auto burst, and it'll still be quiet, but that's a last resort.  If Holger is in trouble, I'll blow them apart.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

You make an Ag Test, along with moving as far as you want. Radago's Run distance is 36m, so up to that.

His Ag is 54, so +20 makes your target 74, so you pass with 1 Degree of Success.

I'll roll an Opposed Awareness Test for the gangers, but as long as you stay out of the light in your movements, they will be at a -30 to spot you.

Edit: Ninja'd... appropriately.

EDIT: Orphiel will cover you. If it all goes sideways, Razor and this three buddies are within 2m, which means I can Stalker the bastards with a Semi-Auto burst, and it'll still be quiet, but that's a last resort. If Holger is in trouble, I'll blow them apart.

"Aim high"

@Xin nice one!

OOC (courtesy of  Lysimachus)

Regular attack with Axe:

WS57, Roll: 18, Hit on Leg
2d10+2 Pen 2
6+8+2 = 16
16 - 5(AV7-Pen2) - TB4 = 5 Wounds
Shield of Faith: 32, Fail! 5 Wounds Suffered. 

Reaction attack with Servo:
WS57, Roll: 35, Hit on Body
2d10+14 Pen10
6+3+14 = 23
23 - 0(AV9 - Pen10) - TB4 = 19 Wounds
Shield of Faith: 61, Fail! 19 Wounds Suffered.
Sister Superior dies.

Something tells me that we'll be seeing more from the Sister Superior:

Battle Sister Superior:
WS40, BS45, STR35(45), T40, Ag45(55), Int40, Per40, Wp60, Fel50
Move: 5/10/15/30
Wounds: 25 (+Critical)

Good point, I'd actually slightly forgotten about Crits. Still, she's on a 6 for that, so would be Stunned for 2 Rounds, so I'm guessing the fight will be done and its a moot point...

I'll leave it up to Xin to decide in his post whether she is killed or alive for possible interrogation afterwards.

Definitely something to think about... maybe you don't want to wreck them too badly? :P

Ok, updated Round 2 up to Vesalius (and we still need his shot for the Bolter Assault too)

would we have a way to recover either the rhino or Immolator from the surface back to the ship?  Also we should check the sister bodies after the fight for any ammo or weapons.  Heavy bolters, melta guns and bolter ammo are super valuable for us.

@BC - We could definitely drive them back to the Convent.

would we have a way to recover either the rhino or Immolator from the surface back to the ship?  Also we should check the sister bodies after the fight for any ammo or weapons.  Heavy bolters, melta guns and bolter ammo are super valuable for us.

@BC - We could definitely drive them back to the Convent.

that also crossed my mind.