Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Iron Gods PBP Lysimachus

• Please log in to reply
1639 replies to this topic

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

I don't think it mattered too much, tbh. He still wiped out 2 full-wound Sisters! :D

Also, I'm not 100% sure re your Bolter Assault post, was that at Sister B? (She made her Dodge save anyway so it's not a big deal)

@Lysimachus - Yes it was against Sister B. I have edited my post.

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,105 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
Do be aware that you don't benefit from Traveller's Path during Bolter Assault!
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Ah, those pesky mutually exclusive Squad Modes! ;)

• Lysimachus likes this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts

Do be aware that you don't benefit from Traveller's Path during Bolter Assault!

@CM - Thanks for the heads up. Noted.

@Lysimachus - This makes Draak's shot a miss then and Sister B can dodge Ithan's attack.
  • Lysimachus likes this

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
As it goes, you'd still Hit, I think. Your Range must be less than 60m, so still under double the BP Range of 30m, so no negative mod?

Point Blank Range = 3m = +30
Short Range = half Range or under = +10
Standard Range
Long Range = over Double Range = -10
Extreme Range = over Triple Range = -30
  • Mazer Rackham and Machine God like this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Argo goes  BRRRRRR  shhshshshhshshshshshshshhhh

http://www.bolterand...de-2/?p=5754633

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
Blimey, that was almost Odysseus-level OTT... :P

Well, fight's over. Give me a minute and I'll update. :)
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Can I attempt to dive and catch Holger before he falls away?

• Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts

Argo goes BRRRRRR shhshshshhshshshshshshshhhh

http://www.bolterand...de-2/?p=5754633

👌
Nice one. Your maths is wrong for Razor though, Hit #2 you wrote 19 +9 =27 when it is 28, so you did 199 damage in total.

-James Nicoll

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

@MG Coolio, will update that.

I hoped that posting the immediate action plan would allow for forewarned forearmed, and people seemed ok with it.

Apologies if it spoiled anyone's turn/action. 

• Machine God likes this

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
Where did that fifth ganger turn up from?

Edited by Machine God, 17 October 2021 - 10:48 PM.

-James Nicoll

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,105 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
From the GM's bag of holding, naturally.

It's what is needed for the plot to unfold properly, storm bolters aside...
  • Lysimachus and Machine God like this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
@Sobek: yep, absolutely. As Mazer said, you were all ready to move!

@MG: no extras, Orphiel killed them all... I just edited how he killed one of them for cinematic purposes! :P
  • Machine God likes this

Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Ok. Would it be an agility roll?

• Lysimachus likes this

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
Yep, sounds good!
  • Ancient_Sobek likes this

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
@Alpha:

Ok, so we're now down to:

Sister H 14/18
Immolator 14/25
Rhino 25/25

We need Bolter Assault Actions for Vesalius and Decimus, then we're up to Odysseus for regular Actions? Edit: Or maybe Draak if the Reload was Odysseus' main turn Action?

(I should think when it's Ithan's Turn, he will Charge one of the tanks and try to open a hatch with his grav-hook?)

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
Sister H is down, hopefully.

-James Nicoll

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts
Unfortunately, she is engaged in Melee with Svelk* so you'd get a -20 to Hit (crb.pg.247) I'm not sure it is just a Miss or if there is a danger of a 'friendly fire' incident...

*just realised, Svelk wouldn't have got Point Blank Range +30, as it doesn't apply to shots in Melee... but that one doesn't matter as it was a Miss anyway.

Edit: As it wasn't a bad failure on the shot (less than 1 DoF, target 67 v roll of 76), I'll say it doesn't Hit Svelk. (Although he might want to have words about it after the fight is over... :P)

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,705 posts

...then we're up to Odysseus for regular Actions? Edit: Or maybe Draak if the Reload was Odysseus' main turn Action?

Odysseus is reloading. Shooting into this kind of combat isn't his thing and a bolter isn't going to work against a vehicle.

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts

Unfortunately, she is engaged in Melee with Svelk* so you'd get a -20 to Hit (crb.pg.247) I'm not sure it is just a Miss or if there is a danger of a 'friendly fire' incident...

*just realised, Svelk wouldn't have got Point Blank Range +30, as it doesn't apply to shots in Melee... but that one doesn't matter as it was a Miss anyway.

Edit: As it wasn't a bad failure on the shot (less than 1 DoF, target 67 v roll of 76), I'll say it doesn't Hit Svelk. (Although he might want to have words about it after the fight is over... :P)

@Lysimachus - Could I have Draak spend a Fate Point for a re-roll?
I was using my die roller on my phone, I can use my dice when I have them after dinner.

-James Nicoll

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts

I was using my die roller on my phone, I can use my dice when I have them after dinner.

You totally can, it's player's choice how and when to use them!

I would point out, though, that Draak only has 2 FP and they have to last the whole mission... plus I'm pretty sure that Sister doesn't have long left anyway? If Svelk doesn't get her this Round, he (or one of you) almost certainly would next Round!

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
@Lysimachus - If you have ever assembled a Rhino you will know that the Driver section isn't accessible from the rear door, but from a top hatch.

-James Nicoll

Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Ok, placeholder updated.

To quote the great Maxwell Smart “Missed it by That much”

• Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Machine God like this

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,090 posts

@Lysimachus - If you have ever assembled a Rhino you will know that the Driver section isn't accessible from the rear door, but from a top hatch.

I have put a few of the kit together, and I'm pretty sure there's a hatch detailed on the rear wall of the interior...?
  • Ancient_Sobek likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

You totally can, it's player's choice how and when to use them!

I would point out, though, that Draak only has 2 FP and they have to last the whole mission... plus I'm pretty sure that Sister doesn't have long left anyway? If Svelk doesn't get her this Round, he (or one of you) almost certainly would next Round!

If you're low on Fate Points, you can always gain a bonus one by Roleplaying your Demeanour.  This could be either your Chapter or Personal one.  Do it well enough, and the GM fairy may grant the reward.

I try to do it as often as possible - makes the re-rolls go further...

I have put a few of the kit together, and I'm pretty sure there's a hatch detailed on the rear wall of the interior...?

Sorry MG, Lysi's right.  Top left, under the Razorback conversion plate.

Spoiler

• Machine God likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Gods, PBP, Lysimachus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Machine God