'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I don't think it mattered too much, tbh. He still wiped out 2 full-wound Sisters! :D

Also, I'm not 100% sure re your Bolter Assault post, was that at Sister B? (She made her Dodge save anyway so it's not a big deal)

@Lysimachus - Yes it was against Sister B. I have edited my post.

As it goes, you'd still Hit, I think. Your Range must be less than 60m, so still under double the BP Range of 30m, so no negative mod?

Point Blank Range = 3m = +30

Short Range = half Range or under = +10

Standard Range

Long Range = over Double Range = -10

Extreme Range = over Triple Range = -30

@Alpha:

Ok, so we're now down to:

Sister H 14/18

Immolator 14/25

Rhino 25/25

We need Bolter Assault Actions for Vesalius and Decimus, then we're up to Odysseus for regular Actions? Edit: Or maybe Draak if the Reload was Odysseus' main turn Action?

(I should think when it's Ithan's Turn, he will Charge one of the tanks and try to open a hatch with his grav-hook?)

Unfortunately, she is engaged in Melee with Svelk* so you'd get a -20 to Hit (crb.pg.247) I'm not sure it is just a Miss or if there is a danger of a 'friendly fire' incident...

*just realised, Svelk wouldn't have got Point Blank Range +30, as it doesn't apply to shots in Melee... but that one doesn't matter as it was a Miss anyway.

Edit: As it wasn't a bad failure on the shot (less than 1 DoF, target 67 v roll of 76), I'll say it doesn't Hit Svelk. (Although he might want to have words about it after the fight is over... :P)

...then we're up to Odysseus for regular Actions? Edit: Or maybe Draak if the Reload was Odysseus' main turn Action?

Odysseus is reloading. Shooting into this kind of combat isn't his thing and a bolter isn't going to work against a vehicle.

Unfortunately, she is engaged in Melee with Svelk* so you'd get a -20 to Hit (crb.pg.247) I'm not sure it is just a Miss or if there is a danger of a 'friendly fire' incident...

*just realised, Svelk wouldn't have got Point Blank Range +30, as it doesn't apply to shots in Melee... but that one doesn't matter as it was a Miss anyway.

Edit: As it wasn't a bad failure on the shot (less than 1 DoF, target 67 v roll of 76), I'll say it doesn't Hit Svelk. (Although he might want to have words about it after the fight is over... :P)

@Lysimachus - Could I have Draak spend a Fate Point for a re-roll?

I was using my die roller on my phone, I can use my dice when I have them after dinner.

I was using my die roller on my phone, I can use my dice when I have them after dinner.

You totally can, it's player's choice how and when to use them!

I would point out, though, that Draak only has 2 FP and they have to last the whole mission... plus I'm pretty sure that Sister doesn't have long left anyway? If Svelk doesn't get her this Round, he (or one of you) almost certainly would next Round!

@Lysimachus - If you have ever assembled a Rhino you will know that the Driver section isn't accessible from the rear door, but from a top hatch.

I have put a few of the kit together, and I'm pretty sure there's a hatch detailed on the rear wall of the interior...?

You totally can, it's player's choice how and when to use them!

I would point out, though, that Draak only has 2 FP and they have to last the whole mission... plus I'm pretty sure that Sister doesn't have long left anyway? If Svelk doesn't get her this Round, he (or one of you) almost certainly would next Round!

If you're low on Fate Points, you can always gain a bonus one by Roleplaying your Demeanour.  This could be either your Chapter or Personal one.  Do it well enough, and the GM fairy may grant the reward.

I try to do it as often as possible - makes the re-rolls go further...

@Lysimachus - If you have ever assembled a Rhino you will know that the Driver section isn't accessible from the rear door, but from a top hatch.

I have put a few of the kit together, and I'm pretty sure there's a hatch detailed on the rear wall of the interior...?

Sorry MG, Lysi's right.  Top left, under the Razorback conversion plate.

s-l1600.jpg