'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Lysimachus - Could I have Draak spend a Fate Point for a re-roll?

I was using my die roller on my phone, I can use my dice when I have them after dinner.

You totally can, it's player's choice how and when to use them!

I would point out, though, that Draak only has 2 FP and they have to last the whole mission... plus I'm pretty sure that Sister doesn't have long left anyway? If Svelk doesn't get her this Round, he (or one of you) almost certainly would next Round!

@Lysimachus - Fate Point used for a re-roll and it was good. Damage not in flukey Orphiel range but respectable. Dodge that!

Damage not in flukey Orphiel range but respectable.

There's time yet ;)

Fun fact: Mol has had occasion to intervene and stop me shooting in his Blackthorn game.

Since I have a tendency to make stuff/people/xenos into deadman stew.

Hmm, note to self: Acquire Bolter Drill.

I still think that us Devastators should be able to use Bolter Assault.

Bolter Assault says: Charge Move and Standard Attack with a bolter, bolt pistol or storm bolter (including variants of these weapons)

A heavy bolter is a variant of a bolter.

There's certainly an argument to made there, but also a game balance one.  Charging forward at Rank 4, with Full Auto Glory from an HB, is going to overshadow anything else and result in every Troopie and his dog Req'ing a HB:happy.:

Which, technically - they can.

Bolter Assault is really only there to allow gunners to move and add a chip or two.  It's quite handy to toss grenades as well.

Lament not over Bolter Assault brother, but harken ye to Strongpoint, or Rank 4 Fire For Effect...  Thy inner gunner shall delight.

Sorry, thought it would be taken as read with the battle ending, have edited. :smile.:

@Beta: So, any thoughts on locating and retrieving Holger?

@L - Thank you. It's just better not to miss these things, because other Frater's might read the story too.

Beta are going abseiling.

Yep, there are 2 things you need, a light you can point down so you can actually see/locate him and then something you can lower down to him. Both are available in the Site area. Maybe have another look at the battle map pic?

Also for Alpha, as Draak said the hulls are definitely salvageable. When Ithan attacked the Rhino, he tore the rear ramp off, but that is about as much damage as it has taken? Immo might be slightly more damaged, but still fixable back at the Crag.

You can also replenish any Grenades and Ammo you've used up in the fight. Extra weapons can't be taken for use in this mission, but will obviously be worth putting aboard the tanks and taking back to be refitted for Astartes use?

Also for Alpha, as Draak said the hulls are definitely salvageable. When Ithan attacked the Rhino, he tore the rear ramp off, but that is about as much damage as it has taken? Immo might be slightly more damaged, but still fixable back at the Crag.

Ah, that's my mistake, I thought Ithan had torn his way through the front of the rhino.

I mean, Draak has just unloaded a full-auto burst into the interior of the Immolator... there's no kill like overkill!

@CM - No Draak shot the driver and not the Immolator.

I worked it specifically in the text to do that as even minimum damage with a combat blade piercing the door would destroy the vehicle.

Of course the GM may roll successfully dodge and / or SoF rolls and the damage may go elsewhere...

Edited by Machine God

Yep, there are 2 things you need, a light you can point down so you can actually see/locate him and then something you can lower down to him. Both are available in the Site area. Maybe have another look at the battle map pic?

There's at least two cranes and three spotlights on the battle map.

To be fair, Mol has a point MG. RAW the driver isn't separate from the tank, it's all one profile, so with the tank out of action it's only for story purposes that you need to finish her off.

Also, the idea of unleashing a full torrent from a massive gun that fires exploding bullets inside a tank and expecting all the damage to stay within a single body is... dubious.

However, rather than worrying about it, we'll move on.

Also, if we could remember that the teams are technically hundreds of thousands of miles apart, maybe let Beta solve Beta's challenges? (Unless they ask for Alpha's help, of course!)

Also, if we could remember that the teams are technically hundreds of thousands of miles apart, maybe let Beta solve Beta's challenges? (Unless they ask for Alpha's help, of course!)

I thought that the point of it being an OOC Thread was so that you could point out these things.

I'll stay out of it though.

Next few placeholders filled, I think that is all of them.

Armoury scene

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5745577

Old Lady

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5753581

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5753682

The Site

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5754150

The last one I kept it short and simple as the situation has moved on and Lysimachus kindly made rolls for me as I was struggling with self inflicted helplessness (I managed to brake my glasses Friday night – all sorted now).

Mazer, that was a ridiculous amount of firepower! Should we be worried about anybody having heard it?  

As for getting Holger out of the pit, how movable is the crane arm, and how far over the bit can it extend? I figure that one of us could stand on the end of the hook thing as it is lowered to have a look if one of the others can operate it (assuming it works in the first place)

Edited by Trokair

To be fair, Mol has a point MG. RAW the driver isn't separate from the tank, it's all one profile, so with the tank out of action it's only for story purposes that you need to finish her off.

Also, the idea of unleashing a full torrent from a massive gun that fires exploding bullets inside a tank and expecting all the damage to stay within a single body is... dubious.

However, rather than worrying about it, we'll move on.

@Lysimachus - Good point. Whilst the post was for story and cinematic effect, I should have remembered that the HB has a ROF of 6 so the last bolt had to hit somewhere.

Note to self - should have fired the Bolt Pistol semi-auto

Edited by Machine God